• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Liothyronine - Gluten, Corn And Lactose Free Version? Paddock?

4 posts in this topic

carolynmay    8

Dear all,

I think this is a tall order, but worth a try. I have been diagnosed as hypothyroid and my doctor wants me to take T3 rather than T4 in case I cannot convert T4 to T3.

However, I am not only a super sensitive where gluten is concerned, but also sensitive to corn and lactose - joy!

I have narrowed things down to the Paddock brand of liothyronine I think, as they say this is gluten and corn free.

I just wondered if anyone happens to know if they are also lactose free? I have asked the question but they are now being slow in coming back to me and I am really keen to get on and start taking something.

Thanks if you happen to know!

Best wishes, Carolyn

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Roda    186

I feel fortunate that I do not have to worry about anything else in meds but gluten. I don't know about lactose and corn, but from a gluten standpoint I have taken Cytomel and the generic liothyronine from Paddock and Mylan. I've been fine with all three and am currently taking Mylan. I am currently on T3 and T4 meds.

carolynmay    8

I feel fortunate that I do not have to worry about anything else in meds but gluten. I don't know about lactose and corn, but from a gluten standpoint I have taken Cytomel and the generic liothyronine from Paddock and Mylan. I've been fine with all three and am currently taking Mylan. I am currently on T3 and T4 meds.

Thanks for that Roda - at least that's gluten that's hopefully ok then!

Best wishes, Carolyn

burdee    80

I'm sorry that i just discovered this post. Hopefully you already learned that the Paddock T3 brand is safe for you. I've been taking Paddock liothyronine since 2011.  i've been on a T3 only regimen since 2012.  I'm sensitive/allergic  to gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. I haven't reacted to Paddock T3 tablets since I started taking them. However, the lower dose tablets (esp. 5mcg) contain a higher proportion of cellulose than the higher doses.  Some people have problems with cellulose. I never did.  I hope you're doing well on T3 only now.