• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pizza Hut

6 posts in this topic

I found out today that Pizza Hut serves gluten free pizzas in Australia. Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone know if they'll bring them to the US? Has anyone here from Australia tried one?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I found out today that Pizza Hut serves gluten free pizzas in Australia. Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone know if they'll bring them to the US? Has anyone here from Australia tried one?

Just launched in the UK.

http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/dinner-goes-gluten-free-pizza-hut

and then there's this from The Gluten Free Guerrillas.

http://glutenfreeguerrillas.tumblr.com/post/32731741120/pizzahutglutenfree

This is an old post but just wanted to say, a fellow Celiac ate a Domino's and was sick for the first time in two years! He had ordered one previously, cut a slice in half and then waited three hours before eating the rest of it, no problem. It was the second order on another day that made him sick. Be careful!

I would never trust a restaurant were every item is gluten filled. Plus, my health would depend on minor children actually following tedious procedures like changing gloves and never ever putting anything down on the gluten-free space when the place was crazy busy. I just get way to sick from even walking into a Dunkin Donuts. 

Then there is this from the official Pizza Hut site:

"While Pizza Hut® is proud to offer pizzas with gluten-free ingredients, Pizza Hut kitchens are not gluten-free environments. Due to the handcrafted nature of our menu items, variations in vendor-supplied ingredients, and the use of shared cooking and preparation areas, we cannot assure you that our restaurant environment or any menu item will be completely free of gluten."

Ads by Google:

Gluten free pizza is coming to the US from Pizza Hut but I still do not believe it is 100% for Celiac sufferers, although it is supposed to be a better grade than Dominos (bread is made by Udi's and the ingredients are kept separate from their main stock).  

I don't know why any Celiac sufferer would even be surprised they ended up sick off a Dominos pizza.  They have more warnings and disclosures than a crate full of nuclear waste.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Monique laroche

• Topics

• Hey guys!  I have been suffering from NCGS for almost a year, and have recently been diagnosed with IBS.  Although I was finally getting used to the gluten free routine, this has been really hard to get used to.  I'm currently having a major flare, so I'm off pretty much all fodmaps (although mainly beans, dairy, nuts, and gluten). Additionally, my stomach can't handle more than a 1/2 cup portion per meal, and even then, I'll occasionally have pain after eating.  Does anybody have simple, fast meals that they could share? As if this isn't restrictive enough, I'm also allergic to eggs, so I'm pretty much living off smoothies, rice, and allergy free chicken sandwiches.  I know this is pretty restrictive, but I thought that if anybody could help, it would be you guys.  Thanks!  Claire 
    • Great advice everyone! So the envirokids gorillla munch by natures path is safe?. As for cinnamon Chex is that ok too? 
    • Alright, so I'm 3 months into being gluten free, And in terms of how I feel, the "best fit" line on the graph would be a very slow incline, which is good, but day to day, I would mark as all over the place. I don't understand. I pretty much do the same things every day, and eat the same things every day at around the same times, even in the same order. I cook all my own food and am super careful about CC. I even have my own pans, cutting boards, even my own sponge for washing my own aforementioned kitchen supplies. What I eat is very limited. I don't even do dairy, grains, or added sugar. (for now) Yesterday I actually felt okay. The brain fog was fairly thin, I felt more based in reality, rather than like I was in the matrix, on drugs, or in a dream. Today I'm back in the matrix again. I can't think, I have anxiety, I'm overly emotional, short fused, angry, and scared of my own shadow. This up and down for no apparent reason stuff seems to be the norm for me. Is this unheard of or somewhat common? It seems like how I feel is completely out of my control, and the disease just does whatever it wants. I know 3 months isn't that long in the usual recovery time frame, but I want to get off this ride. I just need to know if it's normal to be so up and down day to day during the recovery, or if I should give in to my assumed unfounded panic attacks and be worried. As a side note, I'd much rather have the typical gastro issues usually associated with celiac. Blowing chunks and crapping my pants constantly would be way easier for me to deal with than all the neurological problems mine manifested as. Ugh.
    • Ha, Ha!!!!!!  If I wouldn't get in trouble for practicing without a license, I would!     I get it because that is what they did to me for years.  I never had acid reflux but had enough other symptoms that all screamed Celiac but no.........they told me that my severe stomach pain might be acid reflux so take this script and go away. They never even tried to figure it out past the 10 minutes allowed for the appointment. I'll never forget one doctor that I pushed back on and told her I was not there for meds but to find out what was actually wrong and she got so mad she left the room and never came back. All they kept doing was trying to shove pills down my throat.   I am guessing that the procedure is the one where they tighten the sphincter muscle at the entrance to your stomach? I know so many people who had that done because it's become so common to push that if the meds aren't working well. Follow the money........ If acid reflux becomes that bad, then you have to start looking at food, period.
    • Here's a link that discusses Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (histamine intolerance) and recommended tests.  http://www.thepatientceliac.com/tag/mast-cell-activation-syndrome/ This article explains how POTS is related to MCAS. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545645/#!po=35.0000 "In another clinical situation, Shibao et al. and colleagues studied a small cohort of patients who had evidence of mast cell activation as evidenced by elevated urine levels of N-methylhistamine after flushing episodes and who had orthostatic intolerance (69). Detailed studies revealed a profound hyperadrenergic response to standing characterized by tachycardia and hypertension consistent with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, or POTS. This phenomenon is felt to be due the release of vasoactive mediators such as histamine that act locally on sympathetic nerves; autonomic function was assessed to be normal in these patients. The authors have used methyldopa, an alpha-adrenergic agonist, with some success in these patients along with standard medications to block mast cell mediators. They caution against the use of beta-blockers, which may exacerbate mast cell activation."   Vitamin and mineral deficiencies often occur with Celiac Disease.  Celiac Disease causes malabsorption which results in malnutrition.  It's important to correct nutritional deficiencies after a Celiac Crisis like you endured with your gluten challenge.   Vitamin D is so important!  Vitamin D tells the mast cells to turn off histamine production.   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4154631/ Vitamins C and E and B6 help, too. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21244748 The eight B vitamins are water soluble and need to be replenished every day.  Not enough B vitamins can make one grouchy (or seemingly an alien).  Just watch "Naked and Afraid" on Discovery channel.  The contestants who don't get protein (chock full of B vitamins) get grouchy, depressed, and irritable.  Some contestants have to be removed because their personality changes to the point they become dangerous.  This is a drastic example of vitamin deficiencies that develop over a short period of time, three weeks.  Now imagine having a subclinical deficiency over a long period and a slower health disintegration.   I lost my faith in doctors when my deficiency diseases were not recognized and addressed.  So, I used my food journal and the low histamine diet guidelines to get my inflammation down and my vitamins and minerals up.  Hope this helps.      
  • Upcoming Events