• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

1 box yellow Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mix

1 reg can Libby's pumpkin

Cinnamon chips or chocolate chips

If you can find the cinnamon chips they are so much better. I buy several because I can only find them in the fall!

Mix everything together. No liquid needed. Just those 3 things and bake according to the cupcake directions on cake mix (about 18 min). Yum!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Oooooooooooooooo! I'm going to have to try this! Sounds easy & delish. I am especially happy that no liquid is needed --- that means I don't have to worry about iodine. YAY!

One question ---- where the heck do you guys get pumpkin? I have NEVER found it in any of the stores either where I used to live or where I live now. I can find pumpkin pie filling but not just pumpkin. Do you order online?

Oooooooooooooooo! I'm going to have to try this! Sounds easy & delish. I am especially happy that no liquid is needed --- that means I don't have to worry about iodine. YAY!

One question ---- where the heck do you guys get pumpkin? I have NEVER found it in any of the stores either where I used to live or where I live now. I can find pumpkin pie filling but not just pumpkin. Do you order online?

Can't you get Libby's where you live? I have gotten the WF brand (365?) just to save myself another store.

http://www.nestleusa.com/Brands/Baking/Libbys-Pumpkin.aspx

I always find my pumpkin puree next to the pumpkin pie filling - which is usually in the same place as all the other pie fillings. There are times when it's not available and I know we went through a shortage a year or two ago, but it's almost always available with the other pie stuff.

If you can find Libby's pumpkin, get it...and then make a pumpkin pie using the Libby's recipe on the can. Super good!

Ads by Google:

You get pumpkin in a can where you live? Never heard of that before! Hmm, I was expecting whole ingredients :( never mind.

1 box yellow Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mix

1 reg can Libby's pumpkin

Cinnamon chips or chocolate chips

If you can find the cinnamon chips they are so much better. I buy several because I can only find them in the fall!

Mix everything together. No liquid needed. Just those 3 things and bake according to the cupcake directions on cake mix (about 18 min). Yum!

These sound so good...so cinnamon chips are now on my shopping list. Do they really rise properly or are they somewhat dense and heavy? (I need these like I need a hole in my head...and my thighs will not thank me.)

Ads by Google:

I should have put a disclaimer: They dont turn out like regular muffins. They are kinda ugly on top because the shape they go in comes out. They don't end up smooth. Someone made these with reg cake mix for a women's get together and they were all snatched up. I decided to try it with gluten free. I made mini muffins because they are kinda dense and heavy but I still love them. Just something easy for this time of year. I do not do a lot of bread baking so it was a treat for my dd to have muffins.

I wonder if you made the cake mix as directed and added the pumpkin? I don't remember what you add to that mix. If it has eggs and oil, maybe add the eggs at least?

Ads by Google:

I think Karen is right-- gluten free baked goods need more fat in order to make them turn out more like wheat based ones.

The eggs would add more fat and I think beating them first might help the muffins rise a bit better?

You could try adding the eggs or a little oil, but I have a weight watchers recipe that's just a spice cake mix, can of pumpkin and chocolate chips. I've used the Namaste spice cake mix and it's divine. The pumpkin is a sub for oil. But if you want a smoother cake, try the eggs and maybe 1/2 the oil... ;)

I have looked in our Publix as well as our Winn Dixie & they only seem to carry pumpkin pie filling not just plain canned pumpkin. I know this b/c I was looking for plain canned pumpkin to add to my dogs food.

I will keep searching. I will need to sub chia seeds for eggs as I have to be low iodine. That's what appealed to me about this recipe in the first place ---- no eggs, no dairy.

I have looked in our Publix as well as our Winn Dixie & they only seem to carry pumpkin pie filling not just plain canned pumpkin. I know this b/c I was looking for plain canned pumpkin to add to my dogs food.

I will keep searching. I will need to sub chia seeds for eggs as I have to be low iodine. That's what appealed to me about this recipe in the first place ---- no eggs, no dairy.

You can't get Libbys? It shows pie on the front, but read the ingredient. Its only cooked & mushed pumpkin

Ads by Google:

Squirmy, do you have a local Wal-Mart? I've gotten Libby's canned pumpkin there (I never buy the pumpkin pie filling)

I bought some organic pumpkin in a can at Whole Foods and it was terrible!!!!!!! We usually love pumpkin pie in this house and we all only had one slice and it is rotting in the fridge (normal recipe).

It is Libby's for me for now on.

I bought some organic pumpkin in a can at Whole Foods and it was terrible!!!!!!! We usually love pumpkin pie in this house and we all only had one slice and it is rotting in the fridge (normal recipe).

It is Libby's for me for now on.

You know, this is a good example of why I'm such a snobby B**** about the ingredients I buy. I get certain things from certain places and certain brands- I'm very particular, and my family all thinks I'm crazy. It's much more than the gluten thing- I can taste the difference between the frozen peas at Trader Joe's and Stop& Shop! And nobody gonna tell me differnt!

You know, this is a good example of why I'm such a snobby B**** about the ingredients I buy. I get certain things from certain places and certain brands- I'm very particular, and my family all thinks I'm crazy. It's much more than the gluten thing- I can taste the difference between the frozen peas at Trader Joe's and Stop& Shop! And nobody gonna tell me differnt!

I'm the same way! lol.

Better yet, cook up a couple pie pumpkins, scoop out the filling and throw in the freezer. Beats the canned stuff hands down! :D

If you have kids let them roast the seeds.

Ads by Google:

You can't get Libbys? It shows pie on the front, but read the ingredient. Its only cooked & mushed pumpkin

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!laugh.gif I just KNEW if I said it the fates would have to prove me wrong. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif As usual, every grocery day for months & months & months; I searched for plain canned pumpkin. TODAY they had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Libby's no less.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I got 2 cans. They have more unless some other soul walks in & buys them all up.

It's sort of like when you wait for it to rain to water your garden & wash the dust off the car. Never happens. So you finally get out there & water the garden like heck & wash the car to a sparkling shine....... & less than an hour later the sky opens up & dumps.

I'm a happy girl now. I have the pumpkin; when I get the time I will be making these little goodies.smile.gif

I made these yesterday afternoon. Decided to make them as cookies instead of muffins. I used a can of Libby's pumpkin, a Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix, and a half cup of chocolate chips. Before combining all of those, I stirred cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove into the pumpkin.

They turned out really good--not to sweet. I'm having a couple (ok, 4) of them for breakfast now with a little cream cheese spread on top. Yum!

Note--these, like most gluten-free baked goods to me, didn't taste as good fresh out of the oven. After they completely cool and sit a while, they are delicious and moist.

I know I posted this thread but thanks for the new tips. I can't find the cinnamon chips this year. My friend ordered them online but I don't need them that bad. And jersey angel- thanks for the cookie tip. I made them last night and so they would sit overnight. You are so right! gluten-free stuff gets better overnight! And the cookie way eliminates any sticking to baking cups! The cream cheese was a hit with my daughter too!

I found Hershey's Cinnamon Chips today at my local Wal-Mart. They were in a special large holiday food ingredients section, not in the aisle where I'd normally find chocolate chips and other baking supplies.