Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

College Student Needing Advice

7 posts in this topic

Hi there! About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy, but did nothing about it. For a while, I was fine. Now I can't seem to eat anything with wheat. My mom and I are unsure, but it might be a gluten intolerance as well. For about a month, I have been slowly starting a gluten free diet, but at this point, i can't process any wheat. Basically I need guidance! I am a college freshman and have no idea what I can and can't eat! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ads by Google:

do you live on campus and eat there? If so you need to get a letter from your doctor explaining your issues with it, take it to the disability office on campus, and then they can help you with the rest.

At this point because you are still eating gluten, get the Celaic panel. Then you will know if you have to avoid gluten or just wheat.

Hey there,

I am a college sophomore and I have only been gluten-free for about 2 months, so I totally understand what you are going through! My advice to you is to a.) consider the options your school has for special diets students. Can they accommodate you? Do they have gluten free foods available? If no, then b.) consider doing your own cooking and grocery shopping. The brand Udi

Ads by Google:

As the others have stated you should see your doctor and get a drs note from him / her. Take that note to your school and they should definitely be able to accommodate you. I've always cooked my own food, so when I was in college I'd cook enough food for a few days to a week and then put it in tupperware. When I was ready to eat I simply heated it up and was ready to go :).

If you have a fridge, a crockpot has to be a student's best friend. You can just toss the ingredients in in the morning, set it to low, and when you are ready for dinner it's done. Leftovers in plastic bags and frozen for lunches, dinners, breakfasts, whenever you happen to be around. :)