• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Wolff

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've been gluten free for three years now and doing great except for the occasional accidental glutening. I know I just got glutened again and I really suspect the Wolff

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I've been recommending this to my daughter, who is less sensitive than I am. I thought it was fairly safe. I think that I have reacted to it periodically, but that it was mainly good. I hope that you find out that it was something else. Can you please let me know? I generally stick to the groats because then I can see if there is something in there that doesn't belong. I think that they buy buckwheat from a lot of farmers so there could be a lot of variables.

I would be getting after your Whole Foods store to resume carrying the Pocono brand. I mean, they have these clerks all the time saying "did you find everything you need?" and not carrying the safe brand of gluten free buckwheat in a supposed "health food store" doesn't do anyone any good. It's bad enough that I can't use so many of their house brand packaged goods of plain ingredients, such as nuts, that would be the usual ingredients in gluten free cooking, because they are processed in a facility with wheat. :angry:

I like buckwheat, but it was only Rice Guy's suggestion to try the Pocono brand that kept me from giving up on it, some of these other brands had oat or "other" cross contamination. I try to find the groats, as d-steph says, so I can eyeball them for alien visitors :P before grinding them in a coffee grinder for flour. (a little of the flour goes a long way in recipes). With crop cycles coming and going, my spouse does not quite get why I keep more than one little box around.... it's only a 50 to 70 mile round trip finding the stuff.

MMM I love Pocono cream of Buckwheat!!! I had it the first time the other day and I made it like I use to make cream of wheat halof water half milk with some butter. I ate it like grits and than I ate the left overs the next day and put sugar in them. I was ecstatic it almost tasted like cream of wheat (which I havent had in three years),

You can also order it on line through some of these health companies order your other staples at the same time so the shipping costs will be worth it.

I just tried the Pocono cream of buckwheat! So good. I made it with almond milk, added vanilla bean pure maple syrup and sliced bananas. So good! Paired it with 2 scrambled eggs for a complete breakfast.

Ads by Google: