• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Bisquick

8 posts in this topic

I went and bought some today because I was craving biscuits. I was so excited when I made them, they came out looking beautiful!!!!

Of course, like all gluten-free foods, when I picked one up, it crumbled in my hand, and when I put it in my mouth it immediatley dissolved and felt and tasted like paste :(

Anyone know any tricks to make it better?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I take it you haven't been gluten free for long?

There are some videos you can find on youtube. There is one for a replacement for the redlobster chedder bisciuts.

I will say it can be a bit tempermental. I normally use it for pancakes (those come out pretty good). I have used it for a pizza crust once. It crumbled but didn't taste like paste. It does not like overmixing at all.

Another idea is to season it.

I take it you haven't been gluten free for long?

There are some videos you can find on youtube. There is one for a replacement for the redlobster chedder bisciuts.

I will say it can be a bit tempermental. I normally use it for pancakes (those come out pretty good). I have used it for a pizza crust once. It crumbled but didn't taste like paste. It does not like overmixing at all.

Another idea is to season it.

lol Thanks, and no, I had been gluten-free off an on for the last 4 months, but finally buckled down and I have been totally gluten-free for about 3 weeks now. I dont really rely on products like this, but sometimes I just really crave it. Sigh. I do really like Udis white bread and double chocolate muffins, so at least I have something. I need to learn how to bake my own things. My neice is gluten-free and bakes a lot but she is good at it and loves to experiment. Not me, I am really impatient. lol

Ah well, another idea would be to brush it with a bit of butter for flavoring. THe thing with these mixes is that sometimes their good and sometimes you wonder what they were thinking.

About that pizza crust i made, it was... okay... but somewhat dry. Not what i was hoping for. :)

If you can do dairy and egg, I would suggest you try the Chebe mixes, and make those little Brazilian cheese biscuits. I will put just a little bit of other savory gluten free flour in the batch, (almond, buckwheat, amaranth types of higher protein flours) along with a bit of extra oil and either egg or yogurt, and this makes it even better.

The problem with gluten-free bisquick is it's rice, and rice is crumbly.

Ads by Google:

If you can do dairy and egg, I would suggest you try the Chebe mixes, and make those little Brazilian cheese biscuits. I will put just a little bit of other savory gluten free flour in the batch, (almond, buckwheat, amaranth types of higher protein flours) along with a bit of extra oil and either egg or yogurt, and this makes it even better.

The problem with gluten-free bisquick is it's rice, and rice is crumbly.

Thanks! I have been hearing a lot about Almond flour, I havent seen it at my stores so I wonder where to find it? Whole Foods. maybe?

Only things I make with the gluten-free bisquick is the sausage balls and the spinach balls. Made the gluten-free version of the sausage balls and no one in the family noticed a difference. Had to tweet the recipe a bit because they came out much drier than the original if I followed the directions to a T (I will use 3/4 cup bisquick per pound of sausage instead of a full cup). Spinach balls are delicious! Got the recipe off their website - I use Monterrey Jack cheese instead of Mozzerella (or however you spell that dumb word :) ) bc I like the taste better. One of these days, I want to make those garlic cheddar biscuits...but not until I tolerate carbs better.

I have made the pizza recipe added bacon bits(hormel or Oscar meyer), cheese and fresh chopped chives. I bake it in an 8x8 pan. My kids (gluten eaters)love it. Bake as instructed..cool and cut into squares.