• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Adrenal Problems?

3 posts in this topic

Three months post diagnosis, going well. But some weeks ago I went deep sea fishing, fought some really big fish, came home and was flat for a week, all the fatigue returning. Endo Doc says it might be adrenal problems as well, suggested "polyendocrine syndrome". Any body else have experience of this? I suppose it stands to reason, all of the hormones work together(I heave Type 1 diabetes too).

Incidently, this week did a challenge test with 2 tecate beers...the next day got a raging HD lesion in the same place on my thigh, have not had it for weeks before!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Three months post diagnosis, going well. But some weeks ago I went deep sea fishing, fought some really big fish, came home and was flat for a week, all the fatigue returning. Endo Doc says it might be adrenal problems as well, suggested "polyendocrine syndrome". Any body else have experience of this? I suppose it stands to reason, all of the hormones work together(I heave Type 1 diabetes too).

Incidently, this week did a challenge test with 2 tecate beers...the next day got a raging HD lesion in the same place on my thigh, have not had it for weeks before!

All I know is when I first got diagnosed I was seeing so many dr. and they had told me my adrenals were on there way to being a "burnt out" ..I never fully understood it but once I was eating gluten free for a while and I also took...a lot of different natural supplements the glands got stronger...I remember them saying things like "when they are hyper active" maybe the gluten makes them kick into overdrive and then they get tired....the only reason they discovered that was bc my blood pressure was dropping an extreme amount each time I went from laying down to sitting to standing..I would often faint... I hope you are taking probiotics and watch out for Cross contamination! Good luck I'm still working on it myself!

Thanks! Its an adventure. Your explanation makes sense to me.

Ed