This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient

HAHAHAHA I inflated Santa! HAHHAHA!!!!!!!!

Um, you blew--oh, oh--no, NO, not going there. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

shadowicewolf Proficient

Finals week is coming up (oh to the horror :blink:).

Jestgar Rising Star

Yes, celiac3270 and I both live in Boston now, but he's finishing up his first semester of senior year at Harvard, so he's been working a lot so we haven't had time to hang out, but still keep in touch and will see each other soon! Yes I graduated, degree in chemistry (I don't really know how I did it), I'm taking some time off enjoying life before applying to medical and PHD schools for graduate work, so hopefully starting one of those in the next few years!

It's nice to hear that things are going well. :)

so. Over the summer I made blackberry fruit leather. Basically you squish up blackberries, smoosh them through a colander to remove the seeds, and leave pans of juice sitting on the picnic table for days, allowing the juice to pick up all manor of pine needle. Being miss super-frugal, I didn't want to just toss this mass of blacberry seed pulp that I had, so I divvyied it up into jars and poured in some vodka. Left it in a dark closet, turning over every few weeks (when I remembered) to mix.

Today I poured myself a glass, and I'm happy to report that blackberry seed vodka is quite tasty. I don't think I added any sugar, and it doesn't taste sweet, just a slightly fruity, slightly tart taste.

Can't wait to try the plums preserved in vodka. :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

I immediately noticed that Bhughnee very carefully chose the verb "inflate".. . .. . ..

Can't wait to try the plums preserved in vodka. :rolleyes:

Whoa.. . . .. ..said Sugarplums will REALLY be dancin' over at Jyesss's this Christmas. .. . . ... :P

. .It may feel as if they are dancing ON yer head.. . . . ...

jerseyangel Proficient

Just a quick hello.

Hi Lo :D

My son would be so proud of you (even if he's with the public defenders)

:P

<giggle>

. .It may feel as if they are dancing ON yer head.. . . . ...

The mornin' after :o

Loey Rising Star

How is everyone doing?

Hi Molly,

I don't know if I've met you. I'm Loey and wanted to introdce myself and congratulate you on graduating. It's a lovely picture of you. I hope you're feeling well and have been away due to studies, not health.

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Yes, celiac3270 and I both live in Boston now, but he's finishing up his first semester of senior year at Harvard, so he's been working a lot so we haven't had time to hang out, but still keep in touch and will see each other soon! Yes I graduated, degree in chemistry (I don't really know how I did it), I'm taking some time off enjoying life before applying to medical and PHD schools for graduate work, so hopefully starting one of those in the next few years!

You go girl!!!

Loey :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Never guess who is doing a gluten free trial--Mark (my husband for anyone who doesn't know). Seems to be helping greatly his reflux and a couple other things. I'm packing him a gluten-free lunch every day :rolleyes:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Guys... i just did my presentation on celiac in my bio lab today :) The professor said i did really good and i didn't have a breakdown panic attack like i normally would.

elye Community Regular

Guys... i just did my presentation on celiac in my bio lab today :) The professor said i did really good and i didn't have a breakdown panic attack like i normally would.

Way to go, Wolfie! :) That's a great opportunity to educate people -- I'll bet several students left your presentation thinking, "Gee, that could explain my migraines, constipation, depression and rashes... . . ..I need to get that blood work done".....

Never guess who is doing a gluten free trial--Mark (my husband for anyone who doesn't know). Seems to be helping greatly his reflux and a couple other things. I'm packing him a gluten-free lunch every day :rolleyes:

Patteigh, like Will and I, you will both be known as "that weird couple with the SAME disease"... :rolleyes:<_<

psawyer Proficient

Well, we have been doing some out-of-season spring cleaning around here. It is our turn to host the family Christmas dinner for my family. We are slowly sorting through stuff, some of which is related to our now-closed retail business. We filled the garage with gems and detritus prior to closing the store in late June. July was a rest period, and from early August to early September we did some travelling, and met up with a few pholks phrom psillyville.

Today marked a major milestone. For the phirst time in six months, there is enough room to park one of our vehicles in the garage. Tonight, the Ford will be sheltered. :D

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Wow, a VEHICLE in the GARAGE? I have been my house less than a year, but it never crossed my mind that was possible (genuinely :)). Well done, good work.

Visiting psyliville folks sounds fun.

Hope sorting business stuff out is helping.

Detritus is one of my favorite words. I considered having a band called Clam Detritus. Then remembered my lack of musical talent

Wow :o

mushroom Proficient

Way to go, Wolfie! :)

Patteigh, like Will and I, you will both be known as "that weird couple with the SAME disease"... :rolleyes:<_<

That makes three of us here, Clay and I are on the list, too. How many more of us are there??? :blink:

kareng Grand Master

Well, we have been doing some out-of-season spring cleaning around here. It is our turn to host the family Christmas dinner for my family. We are slowly sorting through stuff, some of which is related to our now-closed retail business. We filled the garage with gems and detritus prior to closing the store in late June. July was a rest period, and from early August to early September we did some travelling, and met up with a few pholks phrom psillyville.

Today marked a major milestone. For the phirst time in six months, there is enough room to park one of our vehicles in the garage. Tonight, the Ford will be sheltered. :D

Yeah! Blame it on us!

That makes three of us here, Clay and I are on the list, too. How many more of us are there??? :blink:

We eat mostly gluten-free at home and when we go to PF Changs we all order gluten-free so we can share. So a teenager & a Hub plus a college student when he is home....not quite the same but the 3 of them probably equal 1 whole gluten-free person?

VydorScope Proficient

:(

So we added soy back in to Tim's diet and he seems fine on it after 3 months. Now we are trying mammal meat, and he is sick. So is he sick, or is he reacting to the meat? GRRRR.

GottaSki Mentor

I finally learned how to MultiQuote :)

Dave is the only non-celiac in the house hence he eats mostly gluten-free and has seen health benefits over the past three years. He has increased his bicycle riding to hundreds of miles per month -- before my diagnosis he was fit but packing a lot of unexplained weight -- sound familiar?

Yay Shadow!!! It is amazing how much easier it is to public speak to a subject you know well. I agree choosing this topic whenever possible is helpful to many. My son has given three Celiac speeches now. One in HS and two in college.

Parking in the garage - congratulations!!!! I have not parked in our "shop" since our first rental home in Santa Barbara back in '85. Somehow that garage addition has got lost in the game of life with my contractor hubby.

Wow, a VEHICLE in the GARAGE? I have been my house less than a year, but it never crossed my mind that was possible (genuinely :)). Well done, good work.

Visiting psyliville folks sounds fun.

Hope sorting business stuff out is helping.

Detritus is one of my favorite words. I considered having a band called Clam Detritus. Then remembered my lack of musical talent

Wow :o

Careful Mw -- you may have a Silly visitor one day ;) I am onto another piece of my silly health puzzle that docs and labs don't test for in the US :blink: -- believe it. Unfortunately I don't have the funds necessary to visit my friends in Oz or Europe so I'll figure my way around our silly health care system.

Dave is mostly gluten-free - he does eat out about once a month or with clients when necessary.

Yeah! Blame it on us!

We eat mostly gluten-free at home and when we go to PF Changs we all order gluten-free so we can share. So a teenager & a Hub plus a college student when he is home....not quite the same but the 3 of them probably equal 1 whole gluten-free person?

Edited -- doh lost this one in the multiquote haze --

Add Dave to the partial group.

forgot to also say -- do celiacs attract other sillys? Dave's Mom had Sjogren's Auto Hep and RA -- no wonder our kids hit the AI jackpot

So we added soy back in to Tim's diet and he seems fine on it after 3 months. Now we are trying mammal meat, and he is sick. So is he sick, or is he reacting to the meat? GRRRR.

So sorry to hear Tim is having a tough time reintroducing food....awful when you don't know it's food or just a virus -- also -- I had a delayed reaction when I added the few foods that passed my elimination test last year. Don't want to suggest re-removing soy - just it is tough to figure it out. :(

VydorScope Proficient

YAY!! Congrats!!

Loey Rising Star

So sorry to hear Tim's having trouble re-introducing foods. I went through the elimination diet (only eating rice, vegetables and some fruit). It got extremely boring. Re-entering has to be a slow process but it's SO frustrating. Kareeng helped me a lot when I was going through it. You might find he had=s an easier time with chicken than red meat. Just know we're all pulling for him and sending lots of positive energy. It took me three years but now I'm able to eat a wide range of for. I don't seem to enjoy meat. I'll have an occasional steak. Thai food is tasty and tolerable to most.Keep us posted and remember we're here for you and your family.

Loey

VydorScope Proficient

Yea he does fine with birds, fish and other non-mammal meat. Its only mammal meat he has a problem with .

kareng Grand Master

So sorry to hear Tim's having trouble re-introducing foods. I went through the elimination diet (only eating rice, vegetables and some fruit). It got extremely boring. Re-entering has to be a slow process but it's SO frustrating. Kareeng helped me a lot when I was going through it. You might find he had=s an easier time with chicken than red meat. Just know we're all pulling for him and sending lots of positive energy. It took me three years but now I'm able to eat a wide range of for. I don't seem to enjoy meat. I'll have an occasional steak. Thai food is tasty and tolerable to most.Keep us posted and remember we're here for you and your family.

Loey

That's just cause I'm a smart a$$ who thinks laughing is good for digestion! That and, was it " riding a broomstick?" :0

Jestgar Rising Star

Yea he does fine with birds, fish and other non-mammal meat. Its only mammal meat he has a problem with .

All mammals? Buffalo? Lamb? Goat? Have you tried the less common ones?

VydorScope Proficient

All mammals? Buffalo? Lamb? Goat? Have you tried the less common ones?

No, but "mammal meat" seems to be, based on my understanding, a category that if you can not stand one, you likely will have issue with all of them. We might try some other mammals at a later date if it does turn out to be an issue with mammal meat, but for now we looking at the rest of his list and trying to get some relief :)

psawyer Proficient

In addition to the garage event, I have been working on a replacement for my slowly dying desk computer, which is over nine years old and struggles. The optical drive no longer works, and there has been no sound for many months. This post is coming from a new machine which UPS delivered today. I am just getting it going. I updated IE to IE8 so I could download and install Chrome, from which this post is coming. Tonnes more stuff to install and configure. Byte me!

GottaSki Mentor

In addition to the garage event, I have been working on a replacement for my slowly dying desk computer, which is over nine years old and struggles. The optical drive no longer works, and there has been no sound for many months. This post is coming from a new machine which UPS delivered today. I am just getting it going. I updated IE to IE8 so I could download and install Chrome, from which this post is coming. Tonnes more stuff to install and configure. Byte me!

Nine years...you beat my record...I collect everyone in the family's cast offs and make my kids build their own -- before I get shipped off to the "bad mom island" they do have three year old netbooks for school use.

GottaSki Mentor

Rudolf is on TV :rolleyes: -- don't care what my Men say...it is not the same when "we" watch from a tape/dvd