• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

Sigh...I suppose... :rolleyes:

:)

I'll work on getting a white egg-laying chicken. I picked my girls for their egg colors.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Wow. I just read about this, too. This is absolutely horrific.

Much discussion on fb. I hope that people are angry enough to start some political actions.

Staying off the subject so as not to get to intense on this thread.

What if said "adult" student has been in school since, oh, PRE-K with out any really break and is working on a 5th degree? NOT that I am thinking of anyone in particular, its really just a random example ;) ;)

Totally legit, says the lady who has been in school since elementary (too sick for pre-K) and is working on god-help-me-I'm-confused-what-degree-number-is-this, and secretly (or not so secretly) plans to get a couple of degrees in psychoanalysis...

My family called me from Italy to make sure my CT friends were ok. That's crazy. Poor families. I can't imagine that - feeling safe that your kid's in school, and then...

Much discussion on fb. I hope that people are angry enough to start some political actions.

Staying off the subject so as not to get to intense on this thread.

What will political action do? If a person wants something bad enough, they'll find a way to get it or alternative means.

I just don't understand how a person is not stopped when they come in with guns. Yes, you could get hurt, but in reality it is just one person.

(i'm not trying to start something or anything, just commenting)

I blame it on the mental health reform of the 70's (?). You used to be able to lock up your adult relatives with severe mental issues so they could get help. Now it is extremely hard to do that until they have done something really bad.

But anyway...this is suposed to be the place to take our minds off the troubles of the world (at least mostly).

Saw a list of things not to buy your wife for Christmas. Thought it might be fun topic. Could be not to buy your man or woman. Here's the first one:

Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything in a informercial. One allowed choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)

Saw a list of things not to buy your wife for Christmas. Thought it might be fun topic. Could be not to buy your man or woman. Here's the first one:

Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything in a informercial. One allowed choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)

gym membership

gym membership

Corsette.

This could be taken both ways but some would question a makeover voucher.

Vydor - absolutely, says the lady who has been in school since K12 (too sickly a child for pre-k) and who's on degree number God-help-me-I-have-lost-counts!

My parents called six hours ago to make sure my CT friends were ok. I used to shoot, but I really think stricter regulations would be in order.

On a random note: my last loaf of gluten-free bread came out thyroid-shaped. How am I supposed to interpret this?

Vydor - absolutely, says the lady who has been in school since K12 (too sickly a child for pre-k) and who's on degree number God-help-me-I-have-lost-counts!

My parents called six hours ago to make sure my CT friends were ok. I used to shoot, but I really think stricter regulations would be in order.

On a random note: my last loaf of gluten-free bread came out thyroid-shaped. How am I supposed to interpret this?

Shhhh... i'm working on two degrees at once :blink:

People who commit those crimes care not for regulations :( They'll find a way to do so regardless.

I'd say the bread was being artistic.

Red underwear.

Christmas sweater.

Jumper cables

Jumper cables

*see Em's husband for details.

related--leaf blower

Fishing pole for the wife that doesn't like to fish

Shhhh... i'm working on two degrees at once :blink:

People who commit those crimes care not for regulations :( They'll find a way to do so regardless.

I'd say the bread was being artistic.

Are you ALLOWED to do that?!?!? Why did they tell me it wasn't possible?

They would... and they wourld't. If we look at hard data and compare #of firearms in the country, ratio per person, and deaths by firearm in the US and other Western countries (say, the UK), it is undeniable to see a correlation between how easy it is to get a firearm and how easy it is to be got by one. The occasion makes man a thief. And I am one who used to spend all her weekends in a shooting range with a rifle when I was an adolescent. One will still be an a**hole or a psychopath with a desire to harm, I do not deny that. But if it were hard for them to get a firearm, well, then it would be harder for them to have the means to carry out their harmful intentions.

This gab/chat fourm is described on the index page thus:

General Chat Unrelated to Celiac Disease - Discuss most things here EXCEPT Celiac Disease / Gluten-Free Diet. Keep it light and avoid controversial topics like global warming, gay marriage, gun control, euthanasia, speed limits on the Autobahn, prisoner torture, etc.

This discussion has strayed into one of the specifically prohibited topics, emphasized in the quote.

Exercise Equipment that HAS NOT been requested ;)

I always kid that I will get my hub clothes in my size or a emerald necklace. Then I will borrow it!

psawyer - I think you are right, point taken. Though I confess it is very difficult to just sympathize, and not feel that expressions of sympathy will never be enough. At least it is for me.

On the topic of udesirable gifts: hideous sexy lingerie. Also, a one way train ticket to a far off place might be interesting. I am perverse, so I would like to give a cookbook to my host.

On the topic of udesirable gifts: hideous sexy lingerie.

Cute but itchy lace and uncomfortable nighties.

ugh, you've been lucky - I was thinking more like revolting purple cheetah print tulle underwear. Where is the barf icon when you need it???

Where is the barf icon when you need it???

You have to catch them on the Internet and then turn them loose here.

sick0021.gif

I've decided something....

Rice chex is far more superior to corn chex....

I mean its okay and doesn't bug me but.... i don't know how to explain it... Or perhaps its just a preference after only eating the rice variety for the past year and a half...

Jumper cables

*see Em's husband for details.

related--leaf blower

:lol::lol:

<_<

Yep, got both o' those things for my last two birthdays.

BEST. GIFTS. EVER.