This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

GottaSki Mentor

Loey - exceptions are the rule - feel better very soon - you are too special for all this....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I'm here for ya Loey- I can't sleep either :rolleyes:

Loey Rising Star

I would love to do that! I want to meet all of my psillies!

Love,

Loey :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wouldn't it be great if we could all take a cruise together? We took a cruise to Alaska before I got sick. I'm determined to come back fighting with a vengence and be stronger than ever!!!! I want to meet all of you psilly people in person.

BTW, I'll be in NJ either the weekend of January 19th or the following weekend. I'm throwing a big party for Rob's 50th, Tony's 21st and me being alive. It will be at Romeo's pizzeria in Plainsboro NJ. Anyone who can make it let me know. Plainsboro is next to Princeton. And yes they have gluten-free pizza & Pasta. It' my last big splurge with my inheritance from my 1st husband's mother. After that I have to buckle down.

OK, rather stay on forum and I might be back but the withdrawal is pretty awful. I have 327 emails to go through. I'll probably do more Xmas/Chanukah shopping. Buying Tony gifts for his trip to Israel. He'll be home Thursday and leave Sunday for 10 days. I'm gving him prayers for the wall and they'll be one for all of you.

Love,

Loey

mushroom Proficient

A racing sailboat, the name Nizam she bore

With owner/skipper 'Hargie' and a crew of four.

The boat was fast, the crew were 'ept'

And other boats in her wake she left.

Forty knots of wind, no big deal,

Up on the rail, guys, she's got too much heel.

So those were the sailing days of yore

And one of the crew was my ex-brother-in-law.

But her glory has faded, her crew have too!

And the time has come to say adieu.

Hargie went first, because he was the oldest

Struck down in October last;

Alllan came next, although always the boldest,

His service was the Friday just past.

Neice Jane said to her navigator dad

Come to the funeral and don't be sad

But dad said I'll soon be attending my own

And so be it, this Friday - his spirit has flown!

A proud, bold crew who hung together

And intent on joining each other forever.

RIP Jim.

:(
jerseyangel Proficient

I'm so sorry Shroom:(

Jestgar Rising Star
:( Hugs Shroomling

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

Jim was a good guy, too bright, a bit too sensitive... knew his smoking was killing him, but the last thing he did was smoke a cigarette :rolleyes::wub:

VydorScope Proficient

Sorry for your loss shroom...

mushroom Proficient
silly pages is better format for chat...the new chat has too many folks looking for celiac disease info

Yep, just a little organization is needed so we don't have five different conversations interspersed amongst each other. (like I just did before I corrected - you can quickly lose the context). But then, maybe we is too old; however, methinks, with feets like dat, Bunnie is barely hatched. :D

elye Community Regular

Shrooooomie. . ... .. ..I'm so sorry .... . . .. :(:wub:

mushroom Proficient

Shrooooomie. . ... .. ..I'm so sorry .... . . .. :(:wub:

Thanks for all your sympathies. It's funny, it has affected me in ways I did not ever contemplate. I never tried to write a poem for someone before :wacko: I just hope they all get to go sailing together again :rolleyes::)

WardGirl Rookie

Sorry for you loss Shroom :(

WardGirl Rookie

Got busy with the Christmas baking today. This is the first time in years that I've actually had the time to make more than Shortbread. Today I did Shortbread and Chocolate BALLS

DSCF0482_zps2077ad54.webp

GottaSki Mentor

Got busy with the Christmas baking today. This is the first time in years that I've actually had the time to make more than Shortbread. Today I did Shortbread and Chocolate BALLS

DSCF0482_zps2077ad54.webp

Yum - we'll all be right up ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Shroomie - :( this has been a hell of a week -- too many friends have lost loved ones -- Jack-e if you are still hanging in yhe sillies -- very sorry for your loss too. Peter shared the wonderful service your Dad planned -- must have been one special man.

GottaSki Mentor

Different house but there is still a black kitty on my lap when I want to get a refill

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Oh, 'shroom, I am so sorry :( (((((hugs)))))

Yep, just a little organization is needed so we don't have five different conversations interspersed amongst each other. (like I just did before I corrected - you can quickly lose the context). But then, maybe we is too old; however, methinks, with feets like dat, Bunnie is barely hatched. :D

Yeah, I'm a young'un, only 28!

GottaSki Mentor

Yeah, I'm a young'un, only 28!

Yet wise - yee o' de fryed apples ;)

elye Community Regular

JACQUIE'S GOT BALLS! :huh:

... . .Hmmm...those look rather like POeter's balls....

jerseyangel Proficient

I concur, Em.....seems PeOte's are savoUry and JacqUie's are sweet......

Together they make a phine dining experience :P:wub:B)

WardGirl Rookie

Jack-e if you are still hanging in yhe sillies -- very sorry for your loss too. Peter shared the wonderful service your Dad planned -- must have been one special man.

He was a good Dad. He taught us a love of reading which is something we'll always have as a reminder of him. He also taught me how to be financially responsible and he gave my brother an unbeknownst lead in to one of the best lines ever.

And here is the story that goes with the line: When we were younger my parents would rent a cottage for 2-3 weeks in Hastings. The cottage was very basic. Electricity but no running water or heat. If we needed water we went down to the Trent River to get some or the well for drinking water. If you needed heat late in the evenings you used the wood stove. One year we forgot flashlights. We needed river water and it was after sunset. My mom asked someone to get some and Dad said he'd get it cause he knew the layout of the docks and such. Time passed and Dad came back up to the back door and asked my Mom to open the door and put some papers down on the floor. Mom asked 'What happened'. Dad replied 'I walked into the river'. Nobody said a word except my brother. My brother being who he is and was said 'What did you do Dad forget your Jesus Boots' It still something I can vividly see and hear after 35+years.

JACQUIE'S GOT BALLS! :huh:

My lips are sealed on that one :D

VydorScope Proficient

Fruit Ninja! (well sort of...)

jerseyangel Proficient

'What did you do Dad forget your Jesus Boots' It still something I can vividly see and hear after 35+years.

Love it!