This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

Loey Rising Star

Timothy's basketball team is going to the championship!!!!

WAY TO GO TIMOTHY!!!!!We all know great things are going to continue to come your way!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Loey Rising Star

Just started watching an unbelievable TV show called Touch. Posting a quote below that really resonated with me: 

"If two points are
destined to touch the universe will always find a way to make the connection.
Even when all hope seems lost certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we
are and who we become across space, across time, along paths we cannot predict.
Nature always finds a way."

I believe I was meant to meet all of you - even if it took Celiac to bring me here.

I'm going to start a thread for this show. If you don't watch it and have time it's extremely uplifting. The first season and beginning of second season can be found on Hulu. It airs on Fox.

Love,
Loey

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow, Lo, that does sound like us sillies! I will try to check it out.

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

That's really sweet, Loey :)

Second day in a row I wake up with eyes semi-closed by an allergic reaction. WHAT on earth is causing this? The only new thing I ate these nights was coconut butter, but I am usually ok with coconut in any form? I am so, so tired of this. As soon as I think I mastered one allergy, something new comes up. This sucks big time.

Jestgar Rising Star

Sorry you're in suck mode right now :(

Loey Rising Star

Second day in a row I wake up with eyes semi-closed by an allergic reaction. WHAT on earth is causing this? The only new thing I ate these nights was coconut butter, but I am usually ok with coconut in any form? I am so, so tired of this. As soon as I think I mastered one allergy, something new comes up. This sucks big time.

I am so sorry that you're having an allergic reaction. I ate something yesterday that triggered my celiac but haven't figured out what it was yet so I can totally empathize. Hang in there and take some Benadryl if you have it (or if not see if someone can pick it up for you). I usually go back to the very bare bones diet when I can't figure out the trigger but that sucks more than your reaction. Could it be another type of allergy (dust, dander, mold)?

Sending you a big dose of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) and love,

Loey

mushroom Proficient

Now psillies, this is something really psilly, but I suppose it was just a mattter of time....  Great for all Texans and Oklahomans and Tennesseeans digging out from your second blizzard in a row:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fashion/8358098/Dark-times-at-Milan-Fashion-Week

Yes, you've got it,

admit it,

you want it,

the non-boot BOOT!

:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

With these for your casual days.

jean+boots+sandals+fashion+by+he.webp

shadowicewolf Proficient

02.27.2013-v1-625x416.webp

No.... just no....

On a random note, due to all of this cold and snow, i have a wind/sun burn on the upper part of my face.  And... there is no redness... weird huh?

mushroom Proficient

With these for your casual days.

jean+boots+sandals+fashion+by+he.webp

Oh yeah, the perfect pair!

GFinDC Veteran

Not berry psilly, but berry gluten-free related if you eat food produced in the USA.

'gluten-Free' Labeling Rules Head To White House For Usa

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/100223-gluten-free-labeling-rules-head-to-white-house-for-usa/

Loey, Touch is a neat show.  I like Eli Stone (program) too.

Loey Rising Star

Not berry psilly, but berry gluten-free related if you eat food produced in the USA.

'gluten-Free' Labeling Rules Head To White House For Usa

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/100223-gluten-free-labeling-rules-head-to-white-house-for-usa/

Loey, Touch is a neat show.  I like Eli Stone (program) too.

Hi GFinDC (tried typing in just gluten-free and it kept auto correcting to gluten free). Long time no talk! What is the Eli Stone Program called? Is it just Eli Stone. Been watching Zero Hour and it's not as good as Touch but still well made.  Hope  you're doing well my friend,

Love Loey

P.S.thanks for the link

Loey Rising Star

Now psillies, this is something really psilly, but I suppose it was just a mattter of time....  Great for all Texans and Oklahomans and Tennesseeans digging out from your second blizzard in a row:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fashion/8358098/Dark-times-at-Milan-Fashion-Week

Yes, you've got it,

admit it,

you want it,

the non-boot BOOT!

:lol:

I can't even wear sandals because of hideous feet. One foot has a crossed bunion toe (some people cross their fingers, I cross my fingers and toes). I also have a Vulcan Sign on my other foot because my toes go into the perfect Spock Split fingers))  :blink:

Love,

Loey

GFinDC Veteran

Hi GFinDC (tried typing in just gluten-free and it kept auto correcting to gluten free). Long time no talk! What is the Eli Stone Program called? Is it just Eli Stone. Been watching Zero Hour and it's not as good as Touch but still well made.  Hope  you're doing well my friend,

Love Loey

P.S.thanks for the link

Hi Loey,

Yep, the show title is just plain Eli Stone.  It's about a lawyer of all things.  But he i has "prophetic visions" that affect

people around him.  Kind of fun and odd.

I can't even wear sandals because of hideous feet. One foot has a crossed bunion toe (some people cross their fingers, I cross my fingers and toes). I also have a Vulcan Sign on my other foot because my toes go into the perfect Spock Split fingers))  :blink:

Love,

Loey

Split toes the?  Peace feet? :)

I am so sorry that you're having an allergic reaction. I ate something yesterday that triggered my celiac but haven't figured out what it was yet so I can totally empathize. Hang in there and take some Benadryl if you have it (or if not see if someone can pick it up for you). I usually go back to the very bare bones diet when I can't figure out the trigger but that sucks more than your reaction. Could it be another type of allergy (dust, dander, mold)?

Sending you a big dose of positive energy, healing (((hugs))) and love,

Loey

Thank you Loey - and I am sorry you got CC'd. My body is in alert-mode: I think what triggered the puffy eyes was a Neutrogena wash, because soon after gaining sight again I realized that my face was burnt red and sand-paper rough. It b****y hurts. To even have facial expressions. I also have a bright, boil like strip on my wrist, where I carry my watch. So, yeah, pretty much anything I use causes me a reaction.

On the psillie note: I am ready to baffle my baristas once again! Known in the Heights as 'the woman with the teeny-tiny travel mug' (8 ounces), I have recently got a new mug that measures 4 ounces. I feel so cool. B)

I have met other scholars interested in the problems I tackle in my dissertation. Weirdly enough, they are all in cybernetics. :blink: How on earth did THAT happen?

Loey Rising Star

Glad yur startng t feel better. I would still look into other types of allergies.

Love,

Loey

Thank you Loey - and I am sorry you got CC'd. My body is in alert-mode: I think what triggered the puffy eyes was a Neutrogena wash, because soon after gaining sight again I realized that my face was burnt red and sand-paper rough. It b****y hurts. To even have facial expressions. I also have a bright, boil like strip on my wrist, where I carry my watch. So, yeah, pretty much anything I use causes me a reaction.

On the psillie note: I am ready to baffle my baristas once again! Known in the Heights as 'the woman with the teeny-tiny travel mug' (8 ounces), I have recently got a new mug that measures 4 ounces. I feel so cool. B)

I have met other scholars interested in the problems I tackle in my dissertation. Weirdly enough, they are all in cybernetics. :blink: How on earth did THAT happen?

Here are some thinks between cybernetics & the Romance Period. I hope they help:

http://teachers.sduhsd.k12.ca.us/mcunningham/seminar/lit%20moements.pdf

http://homepages.rpi.edu/~eglash/eglash.dir/cyb/youth/youth.htm

http://leonardo.info/reviews/nov2012/clark-zilberg.php

http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1718&context=clcweb&sei-redir=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dcybernetic%2520connection%2520to%2520the%2520romantic%2520period%2520in%2520literature%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D7%26ved%3D0CGIQFjAG%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fdocs.lib.purdue.edu%252Fcgi%252Fviewcontent.cgi%253Farticle%253D1718%2526context%253Dclcweb%26ei%3D8ncwUZuGO-PA0AHKgoGgDA%26usg%3DAFQjCNGRxYUahYlc0vsCxHy2FoQxayUnXQ%26sig2%3DloIVzxZTsjifp8Fv_XTnrQ%26bvm%3Dbv.43148975%2Cd.dmQ#search=%22cybernetic%20connection%20romantic%20period%20literature%22

http://stevenejones.org/c-v/

http://lucian.uchicago.edu/blogs/mediatheory/keywords/cybernetics/

http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/samples/cam032/98042851.pdf

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/tiqqun-the-cybernetic-hypothesis

http://www.academia.edu/1683237/Ordinary_Things

Let me know if you need me to do any more research for you. It' my passion!

Love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Hi Loey,

Yep, the show title is just plain Eli Stone.  It's about a lawyer of all things.  But he i has "prophetic visions" that affect

people around him.  Kind of fun and odd.

Split toes the?  Peace feet? :)

sending PM

VydorScope Proficient

Saw this on facebook. Had to share

Grandmother says... Carrots, Eggs, or Coffee; "Which are you?"

A young woman went to her grandmother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for
her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give
up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem
was solved a new one arose.

Her grandmother took her to the
kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first, she placed
carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the last she placed ground
coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the
carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and
placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a
bowl. Turning to her granddaughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you
see?"

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

She
brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted
that they got soft.She then asked her to take an egg and break it.

After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, she asked her to sip the coffee. The granddaughter smiled, as
she tasted its rich aroma. The granddaughter then asked. "What's the
point,grandmother?"

Her grandmother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity--boiling water--but each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However after being
subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had
been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior.
But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became
hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her granddaughter.

"When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the
heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a
financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and
stiff?

Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water,
the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it
releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things
are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you.

When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level?

---AUTHOR UNKNOWN —

So go there for and be coffee!

Loey Rising Star

Saw this on facebook. Had to share

So go there for and be coffee!

I was having a rough day (UTI put me back on pain meds and thus I am ow withdrawing- this WILL be the last time). Anyway your post made my day and lightened my load)

Hugs & Thanks,

Loey

VydorScope Proficient

Well they are calling for snow mid week so everyone will be like....

Thank you Loey, that's amazing! :wub: 

Vydor - that story is fantastic, and now I finally have a morally upright justification for my caffeine addiction. YAY! I would also add "coffee" to the survival grocery list :)

So... one of my hobbies is upsetting social expectations on dating websites (it started off as a joke, but I'm often considering making this into a writing project). Now, this morning I saw a loser writing this about himself:

"Food: The most important activity is eating. I love food. I don't date vegans, vegetarians, or people on a gluten-free diet."

What the effn' effe? :angry:  I wonder why you are single *facepalm*....

If any member of the celiac community would like to convey to this... thing... their sentiments, feel free to post your mind here.

Jestgar Rising Star

Dating things can be hilarious.  Whe we're really bored, the bf and I sit around and read each other Craigslist ads.  One guy's post started out "Looking for a woman who can read and do finances".  Dunno.....pretty high expectations there dude....

shadowicewolf Proficient

What is this snow you speak of? 50s and 60s for this upcoming week, then back to the 30s and 40s with rain/snow.

Dating things can be hilarious.  Whe we're really bored, the bf and I sit around and read each other Craigslist ads.  One guy's post started out "Looking for a woman who can read and do finances".  Dunno.....pretty high expectations there dude....

Was he looking for a date or for an accountant??? :blink:  I like the missed connections section. Sounds like a very rude British comedy (not that there's anything wrong with that from time to time).

Jestgar Rising Star

I know y'all in sunny spots need this:

raidoree.webp