This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

Loey Rising Star

The stove was given it's death notice at 12:17pm DST. We're off this afternoon to look at new ones. We now have one Harvest Gold Appliance left that we'll not talk about.

So sorry it bit the dust. I hope you don't get a glass top electric oven. I HATE ours!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

jerseyangel Proficient

So sorry it bit the dust. I hope you don't get a glass top electric oven. I HATE ours!

Oye-- I had one for a couple years. Looked good, was a pain in the arse to use and keep clean.
psawyer Proficient

Well, we had good reports from family members who have them (smooth cook tops) and are happy, so we will see how it goes. We did most of our research in October when we almost lost the old guy.

Out with the (g)old...
DSCF0516_zps2c1f7b0c.webp

And in with the new...
DSCF0518_zps7e329598.webp

And it was on sale at 20% off!

ETA: the close range and short focal length (wide angle) causes distortion in the pictures.  :huh:

elye Community Regular

Wow, POeter -- it looks JUST like mine......is it a Whirlpool? I've always been happy with it.....I clean the glass top with baking soda mixed into a paste with water. I LOVE the convection for poultry...'tis the best!

psawyer Proficient

It is branded Kenmore, but is likely made for them by Whirlpool. We have several Kenmore appliances and Whirlpool made the ones where we know the actual maker.

No "convection" as promoted when forced by a fan, but convective heat transfer takes place in every oven on the planet. Convection.

kareng Grand Master

It is branded Kenmore, but is likely made for them by Whirlpool. We have several Kenmore appliances and Whirlpool made the ones where we know the actual maker.

No "convection" as promoted when forced by a fan, but convective heat transfer takes place in every oven on the planet. Convection.

I think that is the one my folks just got. It works very well. I cooked lasagna in it on Sunday. The top cleans better than my " glass" top does. Better make a pizza and test it.

psawyer Proficient

Better make a pizza and test it.

We baked two personal pizzas on Udi's crusts this evening. I think the old oven was running at less than quite the specified temperature, assuming the new one is accurate. We may need to adjust temperatures or timings on some recipes.  :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Very nice! Looks exactly like my parents' one too, Karreignne. My biggest problem was I was so used to a gas stove that when I moved into the house with an electric one there was a learning curve that sometimes boiled over onto the cooktop. lol

Have phun cooking and baking up lots of goodies :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Speaking of pizza, I just ate an entire Wegmans ( made by conte ) gluten-free pepperoni one.

How are the Udi crusts? They have those at Weggies too.

Lisa Mentor

. We may need to adjust temperatures or timings on some recipes.  :)

At all cost, do NOTburn your balls. :o:lol:

With the frequency that we have replaced appliances, it's beyond me that yours has lasted  so long. The color is now "retro". :rolleyes:

WardGirl Rookie

How are the Udi crusts? They have those at Weggies too.

The Udi's crusts are good. They're a thin crust. We found that the crusts came out under cooked when following the package guidelines so we cook them at 450.

jerseyangel Proficient

The Udi's crusts are good. They're a thin crust. We found that the crusts came out under cooked when following the package guidelines so we cook them at 450.

I'm going there tomorrow and will pick one up. I prefer my own pizza toppings. I use crushed tomatoes topped with spices instead of sauce like my grandma used to.
psawyer Proficient

The package says 5-7 minutes at 375--not enough.

jerseyangel Proficient

The package says 5-7 minutes at 375--not enough.

That doesn't sound like enough. Will go wif Jacquie's directions.
psawyer Proficient

I was so used to a gas stove that when I moved into the house with an electric one there was a learning curve that sometimes boiled over onto the cooktop.

Gas is really different. I lived in a house with a gas stove for about a year, before I met Jacquie. It would be a major project to fit gas into our kitchen, so we are staying with electric heat.
jerseyangel Proficient

Gas is really different. I lived in a house with a gas stove for about a year, before I met Jacquie. It would be a major project to fit gas into our kitchen, so we are staying with electric heat.

Yeah, it's a huge production to bring in gas. Not worth all that.
VydorScope Proficient

Yeah, it's a huge production to bring in gas. Not worth all that.

I dunno... I like cooking with gas sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better I might consider it if I though I was staying in this location long term.

Loey Rising Star

Poeter & Jacquie, congrats on having only one harvest gold appliance left(brings back memories).I wish we had a gas stove! We're not hooked up for gas either. Our oven runs 50 degrees lower than it should. It once took 8 hours for me to make pot roast (and we had company). After that Superman tested the temp so now I just up the temp 50 degrees. Patti, I SOOOO miss Wegman's!!!!!

elye Community Regular

Patti, I SOOOO miss Wegman's!!!!!

I am soooooooooo p*ssed off that we do NOT have Weggies up here.....   :angry:    :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient

I am soooooooooo p*ssed off that we do NOT have Weggies up here..... :angry::angry:

I wish you did-- so many options under one roof. Headed there in a little while :). I'm lucky enough to have one close enough to go weekly.
jerseyangel Proficient

Got my Udi's pizza crusts!!

mommida Enthusiast

We opted for electric.  Just because all the knobs for gas appliances are in the front.  We had young kids and it just seemed too dangerous to have the knobs in reach.  Now I'm just used to using an electric stove.

psawyer Proficient

Weather report: 10 minutes ago at the airport just west of me: 88F feels like 108F. I'm indoors with the AC on.

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm indoors with the AC on.

Us too-- we are about the same here with humidity to match. Getting a few things done, and running laundry.

Hope it's nice weather in Boston next week :)

elye Community Regular

Well, it's gonna be big-time hot and humid there for us all week.....The Psilly Psummit looks hot and wet.....

http://www.boston.com/weather/