This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

IrishHeart Veteran

Hubs home...off to pharm then date with pillow ... Thank you all for keeping my spirits up!

All tests except some blood for inflammation were good...likely contracted some sort of viral infection that caused inflammation at the base of brain/neck...got meds to manage until we see primary on Monday at which time I hope he'll already be kicking this b%$@#.

he'll be kicking that b%$@# to the curb.

You had a long couple of days..get some sleep...nightie night. xx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

My husband was kind enough to take a picture of irony for me the other day. What does irony look like? This:

GrammarIrony_zps23c5a025.webp

LauraTX Rising Star

My husband was kind enough to take a picture of irony for me the other day. What does irony look like? This:

LOL WHAAAAT?!  I am rofl over here....

Adalaide Mentor

LOL WHAAAAT?!  I am rofl over here....

She came out while he was taking the picture. Apparently she was a teacher or something and tried to explain how they only let her have 5 letters. I'm not sure she understood how that doesn't stop it from being hilarious. :lol:

elye Community Regular

I believe we're allowed 7 characters up here........"SPELING" would be even more hilarious....    :rolleyes:   :lol:

GF Lover Rising Star

Letters between son and dad

Dear Dad,
$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
Love,
Your $on

The Reply:
Dear Son,
I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.
Dad

GF Lover Rising Star

Today nearly 100 years have elapsed since the first father's Day was celebrated. Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages:

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English.
Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses.
Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.

Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived.

Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons.

Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle. 

In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business.

Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe.
If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on throat cancer.

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school."
Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for baseball practice."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.
Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at gymnastics, I'm at adult-Ed, Pizza in fridge."

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream.
Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Letters between son and dad

Dear Dad,$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.Love,Your $onThe Reply:Dear Son,I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.Dad

:D

GottaSki Mentor

GrammarIrony_zps23c5a025.webp

That's great!

kareng Grand Master
kareng Grand Master

1964980_825397924167041_2287437111489327

kareng Grand Master

397541_10151970252307651_396019290_n.webp

GFinDC Veteran

Number 30 is obvious.  Everyone knows that twins take longer right?

http://themetapicture.com/dumb-people-on-the-internet/

Bad Bear Crayon, bad Bear! :)

kareng Grand Master

Laughing so hard!  Love the pink uterus and purple ovaries!  Only 49 state!  lol  

roflmao.gif

Sorry if the bear scared you Gee Eff

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh Gee Eff...those are frighteningly funny. Thanks for that one!! 

"it's past tents"  <  well, she got the "it's"  correct, at least....oy vey 

Ski will love the California quote..........

kareng Grand Master

20+ years ago, when I lived in Calif, some law makers were trying to secede from the US and become their own country.

IrishHeart Veteran

20+ years ago, when I lived in Calif, some law makers were trying to secede from the US and become their own country.

some folks in Key West did that with their "Conch Republic"  ^_^

http://www.conchrepublic.com/

GottaSki Mentor

Oh thank you Paul!

Those are fantastic...my gut hurts...in the good belly laugh way ;)

kareng Grand Master

Oh thank you Paul!

Maybe that link contains gluten?  lol

GottaSki Mentor

That was when California's economy was very strong...now we need all the other states to prop us up ;)

kareng Grand Master

That was when California's economy was very strong...now we need all the other states to prop us up ;)

It had something to do with legalizing and profiting from pot, too.

GottaSki Mentor

It had something to do with legalizing and profiting from pot, too.

Yep, those pot rallies were a real kick....but always peaceful as stoners don't cause much of a fuss!

GFinDC Veteran

Laughing so hard!  Love the pink uterus and purple ovaries!  Only 49 state!  lol  

roflmao.gif

Sorry if the bear scared you Gee Eff

He only scarred me cuz I knew u cent him Crayon! :(

I think most of these quotes came from CA...

Oh thank you Paul!

Ack-thpftt, dats; gud Leesur! :)

And it's not gluten in the link Crayon!  Altho there was some lack toast in there somewhere.  I hear that's goin around tho.

Adalaide Mentor

I saw this nugget today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn2sFVAHF2M

GottaSki Mentor

My youngest has had the ability to be entertained by his own imagination since he was born...yesterday he proved this skill remains strong.

He flew from Pittsburgh to Atlanta to San Diego after donning a cheap pair of glasses I got him as a gag gift to go with his favorite superman t-shirt -- so off he traveled with his superman logo peeking out from behind a dress shirt and a jacket to entertain himself and his fellow travelers.

Some highlights...Pilot in Atlanta "Welcome Aboard, in case of emergency I assume you'll get out and give us a pull?" Flight Attendant "I see you are not seated in an emergency exit row, but I can count on you in case of emergency, right" Flight attendant on first leg "Something to drink Mr. Kent?" and the best....folks snapping pictures in the security check line because Superman forgot to empty his collapsible water bottle before running his pack thru and had to take the walk of shame for a second pass.

Today promises to be a very full day of story telling as he road-tripped from San Diego to Ohio last week to help move his sister :)