• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Anybody Else Have Endometriosis And/or Interstitial Cystitis As Well?

4 posts in this topic

Between being gluten free, allergic to nuts and eggs and sulfites and now the diets for endometriosis and IC, I have been rapidly losing weight and I truly feel that there is NOTHING left that I'm allowed to eat. Any tips on coping?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I used to have IC symptoms. I wouldn't really recommend the IC diet...it didn't help me at all. It operates on the concept that acidic is bad and basic is better, which is silly. Whenever I have symptoms and do a UTI test strip, my urine is invariably alkaline.

I just try to lay off the caffeine and booze and drink lots of water. In the long term, the gluten-free diet has helped *a lot*. If I've been glutened recently, I pee every five minutes and pass horrible, scary things in my urine. My advice is to stay worried about the gluten-free diet and it may sort out the rest of what ails you.

Between being gluten free, allergic to nuts and eggs and sulfites and now the diets for endometriosis and IC, I have been rapidly losing weight and I truly feel that there is NOTHING left that I'm allowed to eat. Any tips on coping?

I had symptoms of IC as well. I used the Inflammacore shake, available on Amazon, which brought down my inflammation by a lot. I seldomly have my symptoms now. :)

I had a doctor tell me I had IC based on the potassium test - catheter, water, potassium, comparison of pain - but every step hurt like hell which, to me, is no clear diagnosis (if even water hurts there's something else going on, like the dang catheter scraping up my insides!). He then scoped me (without hydrodistension) and didn't see any damage or inflammation. I was there because the sensation of having to pee never ever went away, after coming on suddenly with what I thought was another bladder infection. My mom has IC, and I've read a lot about it. I don't have bladder spasms or pain, and I also didn't see any results - at all - from the IC diet, aloe pills, or the different meds that doc gave me (for overactive bladder or for IC, though the IC drug made my hair fall out).

I had other doctors tell me it could be endometriosis, and talked me into getting an IUD since that would be the first treatment anyway and I'm not looking to procreate. I've had it for about a year and will get it removed soon - terrible acne, night sweats, trouble sleeping, cramps at any time and especially during and after exercising (though not getting a period has been nice). I have not tried the endo diet, but have seen a lot of criticisms of it.

The sensation of needing to pee all the time started to wane nearly a year after it started, not long before I had my upper endoscopy. I was continuing to eat gluten but I think I'd cut back. I'd also started to exercise again. None of my doctors agree with me, but my suspicion is that my bladder problems related to Celiac.

I guess I'll find out when I get this IUD out!