This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Something Seriously Wrong?

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

I thought I would check with you guys to see if any of you who have taken Diflucan and Nystatin

have experienced anything like what I have. I am extremely dizzy upon standing. I get so dizzy the room spins and I feel as if I am just gonna pass out. My blood pressure was 109/78 and heart rate 88 So nothing unusual there. I have been drinking lots of liquids b/c my medicine ran rigt through me the first couple of days so I thought I may be underhydrated but I have been drinking and voiding out the whazoo so I would think after a couple of days of drinking so much water, it would improve.

idk what is causing Orthostatic problems to this degree as I have never experienced anything close to this. I also thought maybe I had been consuming way too much salt b/c Kosher salt loses taste when you cook with it so I have cut back on it as well. I am not sure whether it is med related or not, I am six days into my meds. I am afraid I am gonna have to go back to my doctor tomorrow. Thank God they have late hours and a walk-in clinic.

Hhh Really? just in time for Chanukkah I feel like someone has a voo doo spin top somewhere with my pic on it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

I took one Diflucan pill. Just one. Made me sooo ill I would NEVER take it again. I don't remember if there was dizziness but I was extremely sick to my stomach and had a bad headache. Lemme to to ask a patient and see what side effects others report.

Open Original Shared Link

Yep. Severel report dizziness.

Not sure about the Nystatin. There are ratings but very few.

Open Original Shared Link

shadowicewolf Proficient

Contact your doctor and ask them for a different medication. Its a side effect.

@Juliebove: That is a good source, Thank You. Dizziness seems very common. I know it says it can cause it but phew!

@Shadow: Will definitely call her today and see if she says I must stop or continue with my medicine. I know Nystatin is toxic to the liver but isnt all medicine.

Lady Eowyn Apprentice

Hi there

Diflucan and Nystatin are anti-fungals? Presumably, you are taking them to help fight candida albicans?

I spent about 10 years putting up a fight against what I thought was raging candida - turns out it was raging celiac!

No idea if I had candida or not but I'm guessing I did have - between the celiac and thyroid problems.

Was prescribed Diflucan at one point by a very sceptical doc but I never dared to take it.

Anyway - I did take for quite a long time a product called Threelac - (I feel sure this will bring a lot of posts out 'guns blazing' - a less than pleasant habit, I have to add) but it really helped me.

I built it up VERY SLOWLY (!!!) over quite a long time. Only took about a third of a sachet to start with and got a lot of detoxing symptoms but progressed and feel certain it did the trick. My husband also took it for a short while and he had no detox symptoms at all - didn't know what the fuss was about.

IMHO (with my experience of it) it was an excellent product but must be used as per instructions and built up slowly if you have candida.

As for those nasty fungal drugs ......

I have seen so many adds for that stuff that I never considered threelac. I figured someone is just trying to make a profit off my illness.

Lady Eowyn Apprentice

I have been trying to remember when I first took Threelac - maybe about 6 or 7 years ago and it was not well known here in the UK.

It's a probiotic and the bacteria munch on candida and kill them off (or something like that) - rather simplified version.

It gave me serious die off (made me feel I might be dying off at first) and it is important not to have sugar/overly sweet stuff in your diet when using it. Once I got going with it I felt really good on it.

I gradually built it up and must have taken it for over six months in all. It made a huge difference to me and I still take it for the odd time occasionally.

It is quite expensive but I would suggest at least a trial of it. (Obviously not at the same time as anti-fungal drugs !!!!!)

IMHO it is also important to take good bacteria to help fight candida overgrowth.

Before the Threelac I took a quality Caprylic Acid supplement - made me feel really ill.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

Well...

I am going to the Dr. just as soon as I get home from the vet with the kitties. They only need a nail clip. But I think I have raging yeast everywhere. The symptoms are all adding up now. Started with itching all over, then read something online about some psoriasis being fungal in nature. And I've had a patch of it that wouldn't go away. So I tried mixing some athlete's foot cream with my psoriasis cream and the spot is almost gone now. I had forgotten that one dermatologist had prescribed something similar.

Then the symptoms of the vaginal/anal yeast infection that almost left me thinking it might be pinworms. But... Am pretty sure it is not because... I did check well for that and don't see the signs and the infection isn't clearning up. Now I am getting chilling and sweating. And now I have a badly swollen feeling, sore throat and a thick feeling tongue. Tongue is fuzzy and yellowish/white. Not quite what the pics on the Internet look like but not right. And a bad taste in my mouth. And the signs of the vaginal yeast infection have come back despite using a whole treatment.

I felt like I would vomit last night. And finally decided to try a mouthwash of apple cider vinegar and that did make me vomit! Heh. So... All in all I feel like crud. Oh I have a headache too.

Will report back here to see what the Dr. says.

Juliebove Rising Star

I have been trying to remember when I first took Threelac - maybe about 6 or 7 years ago and it was not well known here in the UK.

It's a probiotic and the bacteria munch on candida and kill them off (or something like that) - rather simplified version.

It gave me serious die off (made me feel I might be dying off at first) and it is important not to have sugar/overly sweet stuff in your diet when using it. Once I got going with it I felt really good on it.

I gradually built it up and must have taken it for over six months in all. It made a huge difference to me and I still take it for the odd time occasionally.

It is quite expensive but I would suggest at least a trial of it. (Obviously not at the same time as anti-fungal drugs !!!!!)

IMHO it is also important to take good bacteria to help fight candida overgrowth.

Before the Threelac I took a quality Caprylic Acid supplement - made me feel really ill.

Hmmm... I just ordered some Caprylic acid and something similar to ThreeLac but a lot less expensive. But according to ThreeLac it isn't effective.

Juliebove Rising Star

Well, wasn't I just barking up the wrong tree? Yes! Yes I was. I kept having the feeling that I was putting two and two together and getting five. And indeed I was.

The throat? Viral. Probably the same thing that my daughter had last week.

The rest? Bladder infecion. Eek! I had no clue there. Yes, there was burning on urination at the start of it. But that was my only clue.

So now I am on Cipro because apparently Bactrim is a sulpha drug and I may have an allergy to those. And Cipro will likely cause a yeast infection. So... It's a good thing I mail ordered that stuff and that I am taking extra Azo Yeast.

My BP was high for some reason as was my pulse. But my temp. was only 97.2. Hmmm....

Lady Eowyn Apprentice

I believe (and please note, I could be talking rubbish here as my research into candida was quite a long time ago :blink: ) that anti-fungal drugs and caprylic acid can cause a rebound of overgrowth when stopped. I believe ( :blink: ) that this is not the case with Threelac - and no, I don't sell it!

However ( :blink: ) people who are prone to candida overgrowth tend to always be that way inclined.

Hashimoto's/thyroid trouble, celiac, leaky gut are probably all invites to dodgey intestinal bacteria.

The above is all IMHO.

When I was a child I was forced a spoonful of cider apple vinegar (for hayfever) - made me vomit too!! Have not touched vinegar since so it left a lasting impression!

Juliebove Rising Star

I believe (and please note, I could be talking rubbish here as my research into candida was quite a long time ago :blink: ) that anti-fungal drugs and caprylic acid can cause a rebound of overgrowth when stopped. I believe ( :blink: ) that this is not the case with Threelac - and no, I don't sell it!

However ( :blink: ) people who are prone to candida overgrowth tend to always be that way inclined.

Hashimoto's/thyroid trouble, celiac, leaky gut are probably all invites to dodgey intestinal bacteria.

The above is all IMHO.

When I was a child I was forced a spoonful of cider apple vinegar (for hayfever) - made me vomit too!! Have not touched vinegar since so it left a lasting impression!

Heh! The plus side was that prior to trying to gargle with it, I did need to throw up.

I tried taking cider vinegar pills for a while for weight loss. Didn't help. But I do know of people who drink the stuff and say that it tastes good. I beg to differ.

Lady Eowyn Apprentice

I know it's good for you - but I just can't go there :wacko: .

Even thinking about it .......

Can't make my own pickles either (for hubs to eat) because of the smell :wacko: - it really did leave a lasting impression ...

Sorry - seem to have strayed from the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

One more day on nystatin and I expect to feel much better. I will be starting candex after that. I already feel immensly better. I can breathe much better. My tongue is almost completely pink again. I still do not feel confident to start grains anytime soon. I do not want to feed the infection before I feel ready. I am still on a lean meats and veggies diet. I have been taking 50 billion straands of a mix of acidophilus and. Lactobacillus bifidobacterium a day (NOW Foods). It helps with low stomach acid and it is almost like I

I am somewhat concerned about how much weight I have lost. I am 140 pounds now and very muscular so especially around my waist and ribs is just skin and bone. I do miss occassional pasta and I definitely miss the cushion on my bottom...tee hee

Oh sorry it cut out what I was saying, it is almost like when I take the probiotic it releases endorphins and serotonin b/c I always feel great after taking it.

foam Apprentice

I took Diflucan for about 12 days last week or so, I feel your pain, that stuff has got some POWER. I felt like I was dying for the first 3 days and then on the 3rd night almost instantly I felt amazing!, more amazing than I had in a long time. Or maybe it just seemed that way because I felt like I was dying for 3 days lol. In any case it does something, it's no pretend drug that's for sure, total waste of time trying to get rid of Candia with herbs when you can knock it on the head with Diflucan so quickly. I'm also taking tons and tons of probiotics in my home made yoghurt, also on a course of anti biotic's against helicobacter pylori !. So I'm all in with all guns blazing and seeing real solid improvements. I'm quite concerned about how I'm going to do once I'm off the drugs but we will see. I have quite large WBC attacks when I eat brewers yeast so I'm thinking the anitibodies against candida don't know the difference between that and brewers yeast, to me that proves I had a bad problem with it for a very long time.

yeah i am just gonna stay away from any kind of yeast since we do not entirely know whether they cross breed or feed on one another. I have changed my diet so much for this thing and I have cleared up so quickly but my immune system is pretty much full steam and I got a cold again! It really has been extremely low effect though. I sneezed for two days had aday of feeling just kinda melancholy and mellow and today I feel great all over again. Honestly I think all of our immune systems are like beasts. I think our immune systems are smart not dumb. It is just telling us what is bad for us and we are smart and do our bodies well to listen.

I am gonna try coconut yogurt if it is corn free of course but my sensitivity to corn has diminished since surpressing the overgrowth so I am hoping one day I won't have to worry about corn anymore.

Herbs help me a lot along with the antifungal. I cook and drink coconut oil, brush with baking soda, I fry in olive oil. I tried coconut aminos and it absolutely did not work for me. It made my stomach hurt everytime. I eat raw gatlic and cook with onion everyday

Archived