This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hairloss After gluten-free And Iron Supplementation?

designerstubble

designerstubble Enthusiast

Pumpkin seeds!! I have been eating these everyday for breakfast since diagnosis! I didn't know that they contained copper, mainly eating them for omega's and protein. Woo!

Oh I hope you're right, and I will be excited. I've been looking in the mirror thinking I looked like a fluffy chick! But I thought that perhaps it was just because I'd lost a lot of hair mass and my hair was just weak and fuzzy (which is also possibly true?)

Thanks Kamma... The fact that some little hairs are poking up is encouraging. AND I've been examining myself again and have also noticed that other slightly longer hairs have grown as they are white and not dyed!

C'mon little hairs, c'mon! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kamma Explorer

A fluffy little chick. That's exactly what we look like. Well said, you! :)

I think out of all my symptoms, losing my hair was the worst. It wasn't the most detrimental one healthwise but it really impacted my esteem and sense of value.

I'm super glad they're coming back for you designerstubble. Way to go on the pumpkin seeds - you were already doing things right. Keep chomping them down.

designerstubble Enthusiast

Kamma you are so very right, by far the worst symptom. My confidence plummeted. I didn't realise just how much of me relied on my hair as I've always had lots of long strong hair. I feel very vain admitting it, that losing my hair is so upsetting, I wish I wasn't so vain. It's a shame we rely so heavily on our looks eh?!

Kamma Explorer

Yup, I felt vain too. I understand. The flip of it is we went through it, felt the depths of despair and ugliness and climbed out of it reaffirming our (hairless) selves.

:)

kate1 Newbie

Mines just starting to ease off with some of the shedding after a year!

I felt everything you wrote in that opening post.

I think calcium, vit d ,protein all played a part in mine.

Make sure you get enough calcium if you are dairy free i didn't ........but do now.

I eat eggs mpre now for the protein and the biotin.

.i think the calcium has really helped and more protein.

Try not to worry and stress about it believe me it makes it worse.

Google was my friend lol but i learned a lot about vits ,foods etc for hair loss.

I bought sulphate free shampoo , conditioners with strengthener.

Then tried not to think about it anymore as it was making me ill.

I was scared to go to the hairdressers but my roots (grey) were awful.

Vit d is important but mine was same level as yours and ive seen a lot worse.

The dose they gave me was massive and brought on a whole host of other problems.

Im from the uk too.

I think its the last thing you expect AFTER going going gluten free and thinking you are doing everything right.

As far as the vanity goes sad to say I am the same and its affected me really badly.

Take care and hope it soon resolves for you, don't forget it takes time for stuff to work.

Archived