• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Can Anyone Tell Me If These Products Are Gluten-Free?

7 posts in this topic

cascade action pacs with dawn

palmolive original dish liquid

pronamel (mint essence flavor)

head and shoulders classic clean

tide detergent pods

zest fresh aloe bar soap

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Colgate-Palmolive, as of last year, was not adding gluten intentionally to any of their products. However, for some products they added a caveat that they can't "guarantee that the ingredients we use are not exposed to any gluten." Palmolive soap is one of the ones listed in the 'can't guarantee' category. Some people are comfortable and still use it, some don't. I know many people use Dawn, or 7th Generation dish soap.

Tide is supposed to be gluten free

Sensodyne pronamel is supposed to be gluten free but the company also states that the "raw materials suppliers cannot guarantee there's no gluten contamination in them." (http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/GlutenFreePersonalCareProducts/a/Gluten-In-Toothpaste-Should-I-Worry.htm)

'Fraid I don't know about the rest, but you can contact the companies and they should be able to tell you, hopefully. :-)

I've been searching to find out whether Swanson's aseptic organic vegetable broth (not the canned, but in the waxed box) is gluten free. I've found lists that state their canned vegetable broth is gluten free, but can I assume the aseptic box container is also? I am relatively new to the whole "gluten free" thing on behalf of my best friend and the ingredients list says "flavors". Thank you anyone who can help.

Swanson broths are made by Campbell's. They will clearly disclose any gluten source in the ingredient list.

But, please also note that Campbell's US and Campbell's Canada have a very different list of gluten free options. If you contact them by phone, they will send you their gluten free listings by snail mail, with several coupons of their products that, for the large part, are NOT gluten free. But...I guess it's the thought that counts. :P

I buy Swanson's Chicken Broth (in the box) frequently. As Peter mentioned, read the ingredients, as any form of gluten should be listed if added.

Edited to add:

http://www.campbells...ProductList.pdf

(updated 2-2012)

Ads by Google:

cascade action pacs with dawn

palmolive original dish liquid

pronamel (mint essence flavor)

head and shoulders classic clean

tide detergent pods

zest fresh aloe bar soap

Most of your concern should reside with your shampoo and soap bar, as both could find their way into your mouth. The other ingredients would most likely not contain any gluten. But, you are wise to inquire. :)

There is generally an 1-800 number on the back of the product, to find a customer rep who could answer your questions.

Okay… so I guess even though it has "flavors" listed in the ingredients list, if those flavors come from an allergen source (in this case gluten), they have to disclose it by also stating it contains gluten? I'll go ahead and call them now that it's Monday.

Thank you!