• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Diet Or Gluten Free Lifestyle?

110 posts in this topic

IrishHeart    1,633

:D:lol: You all have spent too much time in the malls or with 24-7 Christmas carrols... you're cracking! :P

Maybe we should just take back the title of "Picky Eater" and be done with it... If you tell someone you're a picky eater there isn't much they can say to that except, "oh." ;)

I just came back from a kids Xmas party where we could only eat corn chips... this thread fixed my mood right up. :D Thanks.

Oh no,no no.!!! ..."Picky eaters" are just giant pains in the buttocks.

I refuse to be thought of as THAT!

I eat anything!

hungry-2.gif

and honestly, I never go to malls, I swear, so my "cracked behavior" -- must just be "me"..

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Adalaide    361

Oh no,no no.!!! ..."Picky eaters" are just giant pains in the buttocks.

I refuse to be thought of as THAT!

You're a little late for that.

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

IrishHeart    1,633

You're a little late for that.

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

oh really ....well, two thoughts were expressed , so which is it:

I am

a picky eater

or

giant pain in the buttocks?

go ahead....say it.

waiting.gif

Adalaide    361

oh really ....well, two thoughts were expressed , so which is it:

I am

a picky eater

or

giant pain in the buttocks?

go ahead....say it.

waiting.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a little sharper than that and would figure it out on your own. After all, you said you'll eat anything. I was referring to the distinct possibility of being a giant pain in the buttocks.

Please excuse me while I collect my butt and make a hasty exit!!

I can't leave you girls alone for 5 minutes.....

I am LOVING the idea of declaring myself a picky eater. I think if anyone asks, I would say I do it mostly for the attention.

Duck :)

IrishHeart    1,633

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a little sharper than that and would figure it out on your own. After all, you said you'll eat anything. I was referring to the distinct possibility of being a giant pain in the buttocks.

Please excuse me while I collect my butt and make a hasty exit!!

oh, whew, for a second there, I thought you considered me a picky eater.... :lol:

If you read the sentence, I said I refused to be thought of a picky eater (because they are pains in the buttocks).

and I refuse to be thought of as THAT. i.e. a picky eater.

if you consider me a pain in the buttocks, well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?

as I am in very good company around here....just saying.... ;)

Adalaide    361

if you consider me a pain in the buttocks, well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?

as I am in very good company around here....just saying.... ;)

I you aren't being a pain in the butt, you're doing it wrong!

I think we're all in good company around here.

I can't leave you girls alone for 5 minutes.....

I am LOVING the idea of declaring myself a picky eater. I think if anyone asks, I would say I do it mostly for the attention.

Duck :)

I like this idea a lot. A whole new way to be a pain in the butt. :D

Takala    413

I'm Ready for My Gluten-Free Lifestyle Makeover, Where Do I Audition to Be a Picky Pain-In-The-Butt on American Idle ?

"Waiter, is that a CROUTON in my salad ?! It will make my rump explode ! " ;)

L.J.    6

Disturbingly, YES. :rolleyes:

Oops...I didn't see the END!...just wanted to add one more hilarious story! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it is what people debate over! Hilarious!

For me, I went into a Restaurant that I have had "good luck" with on not getting gluttened! In the table right behind me, was a woman talking blah, blah, blah about being allergic to Gluten....then orders the *highly glutened French Fries*--which the menu clearly states that they are *not* gluten free. The waitress reminded her of this and she actually said, "Oh, they will be OK for me to eat"...

Is she on the hippity hop gluten-free diet? Yes..... Sorry IH, but for me it is a gluten-free lifestyle--without the swapping! :D:lol:

IrishHeart    1,633

Oops...I didn't see the END!...just wanted to add one more hilarious story! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it is what people debate over! Hilarious!

For me, I went into a Restaurant that I have had "good luck" with on not getting gluttened! In the table right behind me, was a woman talking blah, blah, blah about being allergic to Gluten....then orders the *highly glutened French Fries*--which the menu clearly states that they are *not* gluten free. The waitress reminded her of this and she actually said, "Oh, they will be OK for me to eat"...

Is she on the hippity hop gluten-free diet? Yes..... Sorry IH, but for me it is a gluten-free lifestyle--without the swapping! :D:lol:

:lol:

oh, hon I was just being funny saying "The End" ...to Shroom's wise observation about what to say to "picky adult eaters"

OF COURSE....you can say whatever you want! :lol:

yes, those who "pick and choose" when they are Gluten free? So NOT doing us any favors towards creating celiac awareness or being taken seriously at restaurants........... and that makes this usually unflappable me....well, er, um how do say this ......?

Pissed off. :angry:

Adalaide    361

:lol:

oh, hon I was just being funny saying "The End" ...to Shroom's wise observation about what to say to "picky adult eaters"

OF COURSE....you can say whatever you want! :lol:

yes, those who "pick and choose" when they are Gluten free? So NOT doing us any favors towards creating celiac awareness or being taken seriously at restaurants........... and that makes this usually unflappable me....well, er, um how do say this ......?

Pissed off. :angry:

But they're the kind of people who make this trendy. Don't you WANT to be the trendiest person alive? :lol:

mushroom    1,205

But they're the kind of people who make this trendy. Don't you WANT to be the trendiest person alive? :lol:

Yes, but I set the trends, I do not follow them :P

• Upvote 1

IrishHeart    1,633

According to the Gluten Dude, I am the trendiest person alive.

Yes, but I set the trends, I do not follow them :P

What she said. :D

Adalaide    361

According to the Gluten Dude, I am the trendiest person alive.

You were the trendiest person alive. Wasn't that like... back in May? Times change! :ph34r:

IrishHeart    1,633

You were the trendiest person alive. Wasn't that like... back in May? Times change! :ph34r:

since the context of "Trendy" back then --when he used it sarcastically --meant the same as it means today? I say "once trendy, always trendy." (in the sardonic sense, of course)

You realize....that this means you're "trendy" too, right? :lol:

Adalaide    361

since the context of "Trendy" back then --when he used it sarcastically --meant the same as it means today? I say once trendy, always trendy. (in the sardonic sense, of course)

I am not going to get in a battle over word usage with you. I will not only lose, but ultimately go down in flames, spiraling to an epic and tragic end. I will simply admit that sometimes, just as I let my mouth get away without my brain, I let my fingers get away without my brain. Or possibly I have misplaced my brain altogether. At any rate, it seemed funny at the time. :lol:

kareng    1,992

I am not going to get in a battle over word usage with you. I will not only lose, but ultimately go down in flames, spiraling to an epic and tragic end. I will simply admit that sometimes, just as I let my mouth get away without my brain, I let my fingers get away without my brain. Or possibly I have misplaced my brain altogether. At any rate, it seemed funny at the time. :lol:

I thought it was funny!

IrishHeart    1,633

I thought it was VERY funny and replied in an equally hysterical manner, I thought :lol:

I thought it was funny!

I thought it was VERY funny and replied in an equally hysterical manner, I thought :lol:

Adalaide    361

I still think you are literally the last person I know who I would want to debate (even hysterically) the proper meaning or usage of words with. I'll just let it go that trendy then is trendy now. Even if by that logic I should be able to be cool wearing bell bottoms. :P

IrishHeart    1,633

I still think you are literally the last person I know who I would want to debate (even hysterically) the proper meaning or usage of words with. I'll just let it go that trendy then is trendy now. Even if by that logic I should be able to be cool wearing bell bottoms. :P

Honey, you're cool wearing your toasty footie jammies! cool is cool ... and a state of mind ;) xx

mushroom    1,205

No, no, Addy, not the same trendy -- different trendy but still trendy!