This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mojo Returning?

Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hey

I am so excited. I just had a NORMAL day!!!!!

I looked after both kids at home while one got over a bug, did 3 loads of washing, 2 runs of dishwasher, cooked meals, made Christmas decorations with kids, made calls, tidied up.

That might not sound impressive to everyone, but I have dragged myself through the last few weeks, 3 glutenings, tired, crabby, couldn't concentrate.

I have been gluten-free since September, and have generally improved. I had a couple of really good weeks in October, then better than pre gluten-free but struggling.

So far it is 1 day, but even if I only get the odd day like this, it is so good to feel like me. It makes it easier to keep going. My plantar fasciitis has gone again too, no more hobbling.

Wishing good healing to you all :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

That is awesome. Psh... not impressive? Maybe to the rest of the world. To us? We totally get it. It starts with one day. Next thing you know it'll be two, then three and eventually you'll stop counting. They'll just be intermittent good/bad days. (That is where I am.) Congratz on being normal! :D

mushroom Proficient

I am very happy at the return of your mojo :) Long may it remain!

GFinDC Veteran

That's great MW! Nice to feel like a person again eh? Keep up whatever you are doing and the good days should get more frequent. :) Turning it around so the bad days are the unusual days is a definite possibility Congrats!.

Thanks everyone

Hoping for another good day. Apart from anything else I need my brain to sort out paperwork and get the house sorted. Maybe I will get my Christmas cards done too :)

designerstubble Enthusiast

You guys are brilliant. You are all so on my planet! Nobody else gets it... Nobody else understands.

That one normal day... Bliss! I had one last week, actually no, I had 2! (I thought I was doing well until they said my intestines are still damaged)...

May your days of normality stretch into a lifetime!

myquest7846 Newbie

I was amazed at how good I felt when I decided to go on the Medifast gluten-free diet. At first I thought it was the new influx of protein in my diet. And then I thought it was the pounds finally coming off, but now I do truly think it is the lack of gluten I am taking in.

I keep reading as to how folks are feeling better once going truly gluten-free, and now I think I am finally joining the crowd!

I have never had the outward symptoms most others have had, have always been anemic, have been plagued with migraines for the past 10 yrs., and osteoporosis has made me have both knees replaced at 53. But now I am truly feeling like actually moving around, exercise is not the torture that it had been. And I find that I am accomplishing things in my days that I never thought I'd be able to complete. So if this is gluten free - I am willing and able to continue with the new lifestyle.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Myquest it is great to hear things are improving so well for you.

I wish all the best for the holidays, and hope you continue to improve next year :-)

IrishHeart Veteran

I just saw this thread (sorry to be so late) and wanted to say WHOOHOO! to getting your mojo .....and your groove.... back, MW.

(sorry you have the flu right now, but that is just a crappy part of life and soon you will be "good mojo-ing" once more.)

Addy will make fun of me now for making up another word.

I "get" why those days of feeling "like yourself" once again are cause for celebration. Hope you see many more of them in the coming weeks.

1090076-Clipart-Smiley-Emoticon-Celebrating-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.webp

Thanks Irish :-)

I have picked up now, Mr Mw did the shopping and life is good. I knew I could count on you for a celebration.

Now, if only I can get emoticons to work since my phone upgrade, I am set for a fantastic 2013

:-) B-) :-* :-D O:-) :-P <3

IrishHeart Veteran

I am set for a fantastic 2013

:-) B-) :-* :-D O:-) :-P <3

;) it's coming to you! believe it.

DavinaRN Explorer

So fully understand. I sometimes think we are the only ones who understand each other. Here's to an awesome 2013

Archived