• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Eno?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone use Eno to get rid of trapped gas? Do you find that it works?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi Skittles,

Eno does work for trapped gas, another good option is fennel seeds or 7 UP with a bit of salt...

Meh

I haven't used Eno in years as I found a recipe for it.

1t baking soda, a small amount of water to dissolve the soda. Mix in a cap ful of vinegar and while it is fizzing,drink it back. I find that the more water I use the more vinegar I have to use.

Thanks ajnemajrje... I will have to try this so that I dont have to spend all of my money!

:) A light bulb just clicked on. My mother (who I'm sure was celiac) always had "Eno's fruit saltsl" in the house which she used to take all the time. I used to sneak some in a soft drink (we only ever had non-fizzy) and make fizzy drink out of it. It all makes sense now. :D

Ads by Google:

Thanks ajnemajrje... I will have to try this so that I dont have to spend all of my money!

yeah I used to go through eno so much I should have bought stock :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dawn Johnson

•  

• Topics

• Better to catch a celiac disease diagnosis early.  Experts do recommend the testing of all first-degree relatives even if asymptomatic and while on a full gluten-containing diet.   I had my kid screened and requested a full panel since I test oddly.  She was also screened for anemia.  That was about three years ago.  We are considering running the panel again, but Not until she is back at school and on a daily diet of gluten (our home is gluten free and she is gluten light in the summer).   Celiac disease can cause long term issues.  You have osteoporosis besides anemia, right?  I bet you might have some other issues that can resolve on a gluten free diet that you just chocked up to getting old.  Wouldn't be nice to prevent such damage in your kids?  Wish I had known about celiac disease a long time ago!  
    • Non alcoholic liver disease is associated with celiac disease. My liver numbers were elevated in the year or two before diagnosis and I was dx'd with fatty liver (non alcoholic). After I went gluten free, my numbers came right back down to normal. I also had microscopic blood in my urine & had all kinds of tests & scans run for that until the docs just threw up their hands & said, "That's just the way you are". Guess what happened when I went gluten-free? Yep. All clear. I will caution you that you will need to eat gluten every day for at least 2 weeks for an endoscopic biopsy and for 12 weeks for any further celiac serum testing. Otherwise, you'll get false negatives. It's MUCH easier to just stay on gluten until all testing is done because after going gluten-free, we tend to have much more severe reactions to gluten. I am in agreement with everyone else. You need a celiac savvy GI. One positive on the celiac blood is enough to move forward with an endoscopic biopsy.  Celiacs can be fat, medium or skinny. We come in all shapes & sizes. These darn docs that think you have to be wasting away don't know what they're talking about. I can't tell you how many overweight people we've had on here who the docs were just plain nasty too telling them to stop eating twinkies & such as that. Inexcusable!!!!
    • All first degree relatives should be tested every 2 years in the absence of symptoms or immediately if symptoms present. It is hereditary and can present at any age. Make sure they are eating gluten daily for at least 3 months before testing if they have been gluten free.    Welcome to the club you never wanted to be a part of. Check out our Newbie 101 pinned to the top of the Coping section.
    • jenna3, you are going to feel human again!!! Do not stop eating gluten until all testing is done & over with. Have a gluten glutton fest.  As soon as all testing is finished, then go strict gluten free. Read our newbie 101 in the link below. It will tell you how to keep yourself safe. You'll need to get some new kitchen items and do a lot of cleaning out of drawers etc...  
    • I was recently and surprisingly diagnosed June 1.  I am in my late 50s and have two children ages 21 and 19.  I understand Celiac is heredity.  I have no physical symptoms which is why I was surprised at the diagnosis.  My kids don't exhibit symptoms either.  I have always been anemic and my kids hemoglobin always was within range.  Do I have my kids get a blood test or not?
  • Upcoming Events