This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Undigested Food In Stool, Small Balls..

adambryant

adambryant Explorer

Does anyone get this? Mainly white bits of undigested food(well I think it is), as well as black but loads of white! Had it checked no parasites etc.. Anyone else get this? Its only since I've gone gluten free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VeggieGal Contributor

If youve had it checked by the doctor then have you started adding herbs etc to your food and making more things from scratch? Could the white bits be garlic youve added to food as it happens to me when I crush my own garlic in soups etc. Drink lots of water and juice to try and cleanse your system to see if it clears. Keep a food diary like myfitnesspal which you can download free on phone/pc to keep track of what you are eating.

LauraB0927 Apprentice

Not sure about the white stuff, but with quinoa, it was going out looking the same way as it went in (sorry for the TMI). I talked to my dietician and she said that all food except for corn is supposed to be digested thoroughly and NOT come out undigested. Thought it was because I wasn't digesting properly (obviously due to celiac). She gave me digestive enzymes and a chewable probiotic and I havent had that issue since. Not to mention, the digestive enzymes totally took all the bloating and swelling away in my tummy!! The brand I use is Energetix but it can only be given to you by health care professionals. Hope this helps!

Madagascar Rookie

i was going to recommend digestive enzymes too. sounds like your system needs some help in breaking things down. i have been using the enzymes from GNC for something like 15 years (prediagnosis) but when i got the diagnosis, i realized they have wheat in them. so a month ago i switched to Digest by Enzymedica. if you find their site, there is a "store finder" on it - in my town of 55,000 there were 2 stores that carried them.

they come in 3 strengths, so you may need to experiment to find the right strength for you: Digest Basic, Digest and Digest Gold. I started with the Gold as recommended on Newbie 101 post, but it was too much and made me feel sick and bloated. i use the Basic now. you're going to feel a lot better if your food is getting digested properly. without it, i doubt your body can absorb the nutrients. give it a try and i'll bet those undigested particles will be gone.

VeggieGal Contributor

i was going to recommend digestive enzymes too. sounds like your system needs some help in breaking things down. i have been using the enzymes from GNC for something like 15 years (prediagnosis) but when i got the diagnosis, i realized they have wheat in them. so a month ago i switched to Digest by Enzymedica. if you find their site, there is a "store finder" on it - in my town of 55,000 there were 2 stores that carried them.

they come in 3 strengths, so you may need to experiment to find the right strength for you: Digest Basic, Digest and Digest Gold. I started with the Gold as recommended on Newbie 101 post, but it was too much and made me feel sick and bloated. i use the Basic now. you're going to feel a lot better if your food is getting digested properly. without it, i doubt your body can absorb the nutrients. give it a try and i'll bet those undigested particles will be gone.

Oooh I'll be needing some digestive enzymes too. Do we need them and probiotics? If so, could you recommend a good probiotics? Thanks, Helen

adambryant Explorer

Ohhh thankyou, obviously a digestive issue, what digestive enzymes would you recommend in the UK?

Archived