• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Diarrhea That Won't Clear Up

2 posts in this topic

The Sunday before Christmas I started getting 'that' feeling- and hurried home to the comfort of my bathroom. I had very powerful cramps and watery discharge for the rest of the day (and night) along with occasional vomiting. The next day only the diarrhea (like every 15 minutes)- and so on now for the last 8 days. It has occasionally stopped for a few hours, but seems to start up again. I went through Monday-Thursday with nothing but yogurt and pediolyte- still no help. I went to the doctor who gave me a stool sample bottle. I took it to the lab and it showed no cultures (I guess no harmful bacteria).

I've decided it wasn't accidental glutening, especially since my daughter, who is also celiac, came down sick with the same symptoms but has recovered already. I figure that I picked up some norovirus and that it had already cleared my system by the time I was able to get into a doctor.

So why is it continuing? I rarely get sick, and this is the first serious GI issue I've had since diagnosis. Does it take longer for us celiacs to recover? What can I do to help myself get over it? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

For me lactose has all of a sudden become like what you are describing. Especially yogert and cheese and full fat dairy dressing. So get rid of all dairy and just eat your super safe foods. Applesauce, plain safe gluten-free bread. Eat just that for a while and see what happens. Hope you are better soon. Tonight I'm there with you with my own mystery blow outs. NO FUN and I was doing so well. I think mine is coffee. :(