This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Downton Abbey Season 3

love2travel

love2travel Mentor

What did you think of the first episode of Season 3 last night? Any favourite/least favourite characters? This is the only show I will not be interrupted. The phone can ring all it wants, my tablet can beep all it wants but nothing is getting in my way of watching it. I am intensely involved. Funny as I am not really a TV or movie fan (prefering books) but this is IT!

MY FAVOURITES

Matthew (and his mother)

Mr. Bates (unless he really did murder Vera)

Anna

Daisy

Dowager (Lady Grantham)

Moseley

Anyone been to Highclere Castle? We could have several years ago but saw others instead. Maybe when we are in England next. I am a castle fanatic and have been to over 150.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

If there is one thing we do well in England it is castles :). Mind you, France iz good too. Have you done Carcassonne?

Can't help on Downtown, haven't followed a series very well since Buffy and Angel, apart from Being Human. More vampires, very British I think.

GottaSki Mentor

I am addicted - have been awaiting Season III since Season II ended.

The premiere was wonderful!

I like your list of favs but add Carson - he is tough on the outside but a complete marshmellow when it comes to Mary - loved the scene where Mary is ready to leave for the church and both her "fathers" are stannding side by side as she desends the staircase and then Mary asks Carson for his approval!

luvs2eat Collaborator

I love ALL the characters but most especially Maggie Smith... but I love her in everything she does.

love2travel Mentor

If there is one thing we do well in England it is castles :). Mind you, France iz good too. Have you done Carcassonne?

Can't help on Downtown, haven't followed a series very well since Buffy and Angel, apart from Being Human. More vampires, very British I think.

You're right - you DO castles very well. They are stunning. I recall every single one I have been to. And no, sadly, I have not yet seen Carcassone. I had the chance in October but had too much back pain to go. Next time...

love2travel Mentor

I am addicted - have been awaiting Season III since Season II ended.

The premiere was wonderful!

I like your list of favs but add Carson - he is tough on the outside but a complete marshmellow when it comes to Mary - loved the scene where Mary is ready to leave for the church and both her "fathers" are stannding side by side as she desends the staircase and then Mary asks Carson for his approval!

Yes! Carson. How could I forget him? I also like Edith's love interest (what is his name again?). He is so kind.

GottaSki Mentor

I think I am in love with our Carson!

And thankful that we are not packing "our" trunks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 weeks later...
GottaSki Mentor

Heeelllllloooooo....Downton Fans...

I am not disappointed -- MaMa is brilliant once again.

"It seems a pity to waste a good pudding."

love2travel Mentor

Wonder what tonight's episode will bring??? Am curious about all the new storylines with Daisy and her "father" wanting her to take over the farm, Edith writing for the paper, Bates being released (that can't be over yet), etc. Will Branson fall in love with Edith do you think?

GottaSki Mentor

Oh wow...Branson and Edith -- that would be a good way to go. I think the poor dear is headed for an ilicit affair with her editor -- will they let her find a "proper" love?

IrishHeart Veteran

well,  I am completely exhausted after watching the final episode.......granted, I am sick with the flu and probably

snarfly already, but I used half a box of tissues. I will not say more until I know everyone has seen it. 

One thing I want to point out was the look of utter love on Bates' face as he watched Anna dancing.

That. was. awesome.

GottaSki Mentor

I cried.

IrishHeart Veteran

me too....

Archived