• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

What Is Your Soy Reaction?

5 posts in this topic

I am feeling like complete and utter crap today. I feel glutened. Migraine, swollen intestines, look 6 mo pg. joint pain..I am having gas and when it feels like I have to go, all I get is mucus.

I know it was not the best thing to eat after being glutened but I made some betty crocker brownies and iced them with betty crocker frosting. I just ate a huge one with some water and now I have fluid filled blisters or sores inside my mouth by my lips. Does this sound like it's still from reacting to gluten or does this sound soy like?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I don't know, but I DID have that instant mouth blister thing happen to me while eating Hagen Daz chocolate ice cream once. It is gluten-free, corn-free and soy-free, so I just assumed I was reacting to chocolate because it never happened with vanilla. That was a long time ago. I hadn't touched chocolate since until I got those Pamela's cookies a couple of weeks ago. I did fine with them. One of these days I'll try the ice cream again.

My normal soy reaction is the same as corn - psoriasis. Probably a bit of brain fog and grumpiness too. Gluten is the only one that bothers my digestion.

Thanks..I don't think it was the chocolate b/c it happened after lunch too. I had some hormel ham and some hormel salami and soem lays stax and a handful of grapes.

My guts are killing me

I react to soy the same as gluten. Nausea, fatigue, muscle weakness.

Not soy (in my case it causes cardiac problems), but I had your same reaction in my mouth when I was allergic to kiwi and pineapple and accidentally even placed a piece on my tongue and then spit it out. That lasted for several years when I was a kid/teen. Didn't have any for more than 10 years, now I can have some, but only rarely, or the sores come up again.

Ads by Google: