This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Eos Products

birdie22

birdie22 Enthusiast

I wanted to share that EOS products are gluten free, even those containing oats. I knew that their lip balm was gluten free because the packaging states that but didn't think their lotion, shave lotion, etc were because they contain oats. I had contacted their CS with feedback about packaging on a special set that included both lip balm and lotion whereby the "gluten free" statement was placed in such a way that it appeared that both products were gluten-free even though the lotion contains oats and I indicated that was confusing. Their CS replied:

JAN 10, 2013 | 01:12PM EST

Thanks for writing us. The oat ingredient in our products is certified gluten-free, so therefore our lotion is in fact gluten free. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Sherry J.

eos_Logo.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Their shaving lotion was by far my favorite shaving product I ever purchased. When I picked up the bottle and read the word oats on the back of the label right after my diagnosis, I actually cried when I threw my bottle of it away. I never thought twice about it. I never considered the idea that a company would go to the trouble of using gluten free oats in a shaving lotion, or lotion.

If there were not a sleeping toddler a few feet from me I would squeal like a little girl. Ice storm or no, I am go straight to Wal-Mart the minute my husband gets up. I could kiss you right now! :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

So, because I have so much spare time while there are sleeping boys I called them to ask why they don't point out on the website that the products are gluten free. And to tell them they should. They said that I should send an email to Open Original Shared Link to let them know that they should make this information more readily available. (After confirming that all products are in fact gluten free, every last one.) So, I say we jump on a bandwagon and let them know that we need to know when companies use gluten free oats. Even if we aren't licking shaving cream off ourselves. :lol:

birdie22 Enthusiast

Their shaving lotion was by far my favorite shaving product I ever purchased. When I picked up the bottle and read the word oats on the back of the label right after my diagnosis, I actually cried when I threw my bottle of it away. I never thought twice about it. I never considered the idea that a company would go to the trouble of using gluten free oats in a shaving lotion, or lotion.

If there were not a sleeping toddler a few feet from me I would squeal like a little girl. Ice storm or no, I am go straight to Wal-Mart the minute my husband gets up. I could kiss you right now! :wub:

So, because I have so much spare time while there are sleeping boys I called them to ask why they don't point out on the website that the products are gluten free. And to tell them they should. They said that I should send an email to Open Original Shared Link to let them know that they should make this information more readily available. (After confirming that all products are in fact gluten free, every last one.) So, I say we jump on a bandwagon and let them know that we need to know when companies use gluten free oats. Even if we aren't licking shaving cream off ourselves. :lol:

So glad I could make your day and bring that lovely shave lotion back into your life. The limited edition product I bought had a sample of it in there so I'm excited to try it now. Ah, the little things that bring us such joy!

Oh, and I'm so glad that you got the same response cause I'd hate to say EOS is safe and then have someone else get conflicting info. And their CS is AMAZING. I emailed that info@ account and got a response in like 2hrs. Most companies you email CS and don't hear back for days. I thanked them for their gluten-free labeling and their CS. Wish more companies were like them.

Pauliewog Contributor

I recently bought their lip balm. To tell the truth, I was attracted to the shape of the container. Then I saw it was labeled gluten free which made me even happier because I didn't have to read all the ingredients! I didn't know they had other products. Definitely will look into them! Thanks for the information.

kareng Grand Master

I went to the website and it doesn't say the oats are gluten-free. I think I will write them, too. If they get several inquiries in a row, they might pay attention. Would lobve them to label it gluten-free on the bottle too.

Just tried to email and the link on thier site didn't work. :angry:

Lima Bean Newbie

I have seen those little egg lip things. I'm going to try one. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Karen, I just copied the email address into my personal email to contact them. I don't do email links on sites. Most of the time there is some lame popup involving outlook or some other complete failure of a program they like. Meh, I like my email, so copy/paste is just my standard now. Makes my life easier to just assume it won't work.

• 2 weeks later...
GFreeMO Proficient

I bought a couple of the egg shaped lip balms a few weeks ago. I really like this product. Easy to find and cheap too.

Adalaide Mentor

I love the lip balm. But no stores anywhere near me have the sweet mint one. It kills me. I've been using the lip balm a long time. I'm shaving my legs with the shaving cream again, no ill effects. It feels so good, and it really cuts down on the amount of lotion I need after. I've never used anything else quite as amazing.

GFreeMO Proficient

Adalaide, I found the sweet mint one at Walmart by the cash register. Maybe look there. :)

Adalaide Mentor

I have 2 Walmarts within 10 minutes of my house and I have checked every register at both. There are also 2 more Walmarts within 20 minutes and a 5th about half an hour away that my husband is a contractor at. No dice. Naturally it is the flavor they are always out of on their website. I'm surrounded by Walmarts that sell nothing I want! WAAAAAA!!!!!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I'm going to check their website, but does anyone know if they are soy and nut free? Thanks! My daughter uses these and I think I saw the mint one at an Ultra store if you have one of those close.

GFreeMO Proficient

Not sure if coconut counts as a nut but they do have coconut oil. I don't think that they have soy. If you find out, could you please post. :)

periwink Newbie

I have found Sweet Mint EOS at Fresh Fields!

Adalaide Mentor

Not sure if coconut counts as a nut

No. It is a drupe. Having a lot of time on my hands has lead to a vast array of largely useless knowledge.

Lima Bean Newbie

I think I got mine at Target. Love the little balls. When they fall to the bottom of my purse, I can find them easier. :)

birdie22 Enthusiast

Scarfed up the last two bottles of body lotion at my Walmart. The kind I have is unscented and leaves my skin sooooo soft. I can't find the shave lotion anywhere locally. Boo.

GFreeMO Proficient

Not EOS, but Carmex came out with a line of colored lip moisturizer. I really love them too. It's nice to have some color.

Archived