• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Pictures Of Mine

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Tested negative for the Celiac Panel, but I expected that. The line work in my tattoo swells up and I assume that's because it's already damaged skin - I've had it for 6 years though. That's the most annoying part. I'm experimenting with gluten free for a month to see if it improves. It's been almost a week and It was getting better, but it seems to flare up with everything I eat. I'm sick and tired of the itching and burning and doctors who tell me "it's something" but we don't know what.

So needless to say I haven't been diagnosed. What are your thoughts from looking at this picture?

http://i216.photobuc...207D4A946CE.jpg

http://i216.photobuc...207D98BE6F4.jpg

Edited by texas flood

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

That's kinda how mine looks but only if I have a minor flare up. In my experience, DH is most easily identified by the way it feels. It is so insanely uncomfortable- pure torture- literally makes you consider suicide when it is undiagnosed for SO long. When I finally decided to go gluten free it took several weeks to see a huge improvement and about 6 months to completely "heal". I still get flare ups here and there, likely from cross contamination, but gluten free is the only cure (in my experience). Try to stick it out for longer than a month and be super super strict. Going gluten free can help with TONS of different skin conditions anyway so it is worth it to try.

Several weeks ago when my flares were really bad, the edges of my tattoo were raised also...it's 3 years old.

Oh my, sisterlynr, that looks really painful. You poor dear :(

Ads by Google:

Oh my, sisterlynr, that looks really painful. You poor dear :(

Yes, painful, itchy and the whole nine yards. This picture was taken after I started healing with taking Dapsone and being gluten-free. Now (today) most of those are scarring nicely. I think the Dermatologist I see in February thinks the light therapy will aid in healing and have been told the light therapy is very soothing. Ready to go now! Had to wait as he is a very busy doctor.

Mine is more like a rash and is splotchy and slightly raised. It looks like eczema and sometimes itches. The worst it has ever been was when I reacted to a body wash Andy body was covered in it!!

My arms also turn bright red when I get "glutened." My face and neck turn bright red instantly!!

I get red itchy bumps along my jaw line... It's crazy how our bodies react to things!!!

Ads by Google: