• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pain In Joints Of Short Duration; One Of Celiac Symptoms?

4 posts in this topic

Beside other GI disturbances, I get quite often pain in my joints that come all of a sudden and last for a couple of seconds. Can get several episodes one after the one. I get in the arms and legs and the pain is in specific spots (not dispersed type of pain). Could it be one of celiac symptoms or is something "normal" that happens to anyone?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

What kind of pain is it that you get, Sasha? Is it a dull ache, a tingle, a sharp electrical jolt? For me, I describe the pain in my joints and fingers as being electrical type, almost like a bolt of lightning going through the toes and fingers. Causes a sharp inspiration of breath. Is it like this or something else?

What kind of pain is it that you get, Sasha? Is it a dull ache, a tingle, a sharp electrical jolt? For me, I describe the pain in my joints and fingers as being electrical type, almost like a bolt of lightning going through the toes and fingers. Causes a sharp inspiration of breath. Is it like this or something else?

Thanks for your reply. I get a sharp pain, kind of like a stab, lasting a few seconds, with several episodes at a time (5 episodes on average at a time), concentrated on one area (my finger, arm, knee), painful but not unbearable. I do get the very sharp lightning type of pain in my head, all of a sudden, and that can cause me like a shortness of breath.

From my (limited) experience, having had both osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, these sharp transitory pains are more in the rheumatoid camp and I believe are frequently experienced by those in whom celiac manifests in the joints. If you stick to your gluten free diet I am hoping that these go away for you in due course.