• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

2Nd Doctor Trip,celiac Symptoms Again Need Opinions

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, Im going back again to doctors Friday after another episode need opinions. I was doing pretty good since my last body episode right after Xmas.The only symptom I retained was neck tension and shoulder tension.My cold feet,shortness of breath and heart palpatations were gone.I only had an actually head cold that's about it.Then this Friday I ate a huge plate of spaghetti. About an hour later I crashed hard,became really really tired and fell asleep.Saturday I woke up but had a bad sleep, felt nervous feeling while sleeping.I then noticed I had cold hands and feet plus ear ache and muscle tension but worse.I also noticed my hips. Hurt,butt muscles ached,and my ache under left ribs was back. So I didn't do much Saturday or Sunday and took Monday off cuz I was tired again and constipated.Today my feet weren't as cold or hands, and only this morning i had shortness of breath which cleared up after pounding down water and fruit.I also had more strength today not as tired.It seems to me ( this is my opinion), that everytime I back off gluten and then reingest its 10 times worse?? Make sense? Also how long should it take for my vile to heal so my muscle tension would go away or deminish ? If this is celiac my god how bad have some of your reactions been? Are mine worse than normal? I'm going back to docs Friday I need to know whats going on! Sooooo many tests all neg so far

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Have you had celiac testing done? Thyroid testing? not just a TSH for thyroid!

Have you had celiac testing done? Thyroid testing? not just a TSH for thyroid!

I had the thyroid tests t-4 and tsh apparently both normal ? Ill be asking for my physical results(paperwork Friday) .Also iron and vitamin deficiencies however not sure which ones? Same for red blood cell,white blood cell, urine test for liver, and diabetes.They also checked me with camera down my throat and nothing. Symptoms I've always had since my teens was either constipation,or overdrive like going excessively.Heart burn A lot!! Since my 20's always had tums or Rolaids.And for the past 7 years or more random left ear ache.And heart palpatations. I've had stomach specalists check me , heart specalists running EKG and sonogram.Mris of spine and shoulder ,numerous X-rays .So much blood work, ENT specalist etc.I seem to have chronic sinus inflammation.I had allergy testing ( soy,hazzlenut,peanuts,pollen,dust mites,pollen,apples) I also had a gluten test done ( not celiac) came back negative. Can I ask you how long your symptoms last when you ingest gluten? Days/hours /week? And are they severe like mine above?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    glutenfreekiddo

• Topics

• Hi!  Um, please forgive my quirky sense of humor..... Celiac Disease is genetic... All first degree relatives of people diagnosed with Celiac Disease should be tested for the disease, too.  Gall bladder problems are often associated with Celiac Disease.  Your diagnosis might save your whole family from further medical problems as they age and the disease progresses... You need to set a good example if relatives are similarly diagnosed.... and then everybody will have to eat gluten free at family gatherings....  
    • That's what I thought!  My father has gluten sensitivity and I almost regret telling the doctor that because I feel that made her jump to conclusions because of that.  He never had the biopsy either.  I feel like doctors think it's just easier to say it's celiac when they show a gluten sensitivity to avoid additional testing, even if that diagnosis doesn't make any sense at all.  My doctor didn't even offer the biopsy, and said the blood work was enough.  Should I seek a third opinion?  I mean, I've been gluten free for 9 months...
    • It will prolong your life....celiac is a autoimmune disease that  causes your own immune system to attack you. The longer your eating gluten the worse it gets, I mean all kinds of other autoimmune disease, food allergies, food intolances. One day you could lose the ablity to eat carbs, or sugars, or become randomly allergic to tomatoes or corn all cause you decided not to be on road to healing I am not kidding here. I am allergic to corn, can not process meats, have another autoimmune disease that makes it so I can not eat dairy or CARBS/SUGARS.   I wish I could go back in time and go on a gluten-free diet a decade ago. Worse that could happen you could develop cancer or other complications and yes we have had this happen to a member before on our forums. Think of it like this your just changing brand here I will give you some links to some gluten-free foods, and how to order them, You can even order alot of them online this should help simplify it for you. I suggest thrive, amazon, or one of hte other links from there, Many you can order from the manufacture. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/  
    • I know this is not funny for you guys, but I had to laugh about how all of those family members simply ignored your well meant advice. That is definitely head in the sand syndrome. I have tried for a long time to find the connection between autoimmune diseases and my health. With this celiac diagnosis I have finally found it. All of the puzzle pieces are in place for sure and it is going to be my mission to do the best possible in order to get healthy again.   What a sneaky disease this is and to think that none of my family members never were diagnosed, despite the fact that both have been in doctor's care all of their lives. It really goes to show that most medical doctors simply seem to completely disconnect nutrition with health.   I am scared to give that advice to people when I see them suffering from specific diseases. But there are people that I would like to help if I can. Scared to make those suggestions, because so many times negative reactions follow and all I meant to do was to help that person.
    • There are definitely things you can do to make it easier on yourself. But all of my ideas seem to cost money and involve cooking. But I'll give it a shot anyway in case you haven't already thought of it. I would buy a small chest freezer and put gluten-free foods in it. Canyon bakehouse sells their fantastic bread and bagels right on their website. You can just buy a case of it. Then if you ever get in the mood for a sandwich or bagel the bread's right there frozen in your chest freezer. If you get invited to somebody's house for dinner find out what their cooking and make your own similar version of it. So for Easter I would make ham, potatoes and broccoli and bring that with me. So when everybody else is eating a fantastic Easter dinner I'm also eating a fantastic Easter dinner. I have other food issues and before celiac I was invited to a friend's wedding. I wasn't going to be able to eat the food they were serving so I made similar food at home. They were serving lamb, ham, vegetables, potatoes. So I brought ham, corn and potatoes with me and heated it up when everybody was going to the buffet to get their food. So when everybody else was pigging out on this great wedding dinner I was also pigging out on a great dinner. And nobody would have noticed if they didn't try. Sometimes you just get in the mood to have a frozen dinner and just don't feel like cooking something. There's two ways you can go about this. I happen to be addicted to Udi's chicken Florentine and think that their broccoli kale lasagna is very good as well. So I'd stock up on that in that chest freezer. glutenfreemall.com has tons of stuff. On Sunday you can make a weeks worth of food and freeze a lot of it in individual portions. After a few weeks you will have several different meals in the chest freezer that you made at home. You can eat those on weeknights when you're too busy to cook. In my family Friday night was always eat out fast food night. McDonald's, Burger King, pizza, fried chicken. So for pizza my plan is to purchase Etalia New York style pizza crusts. Purchase some Escalon six in one crushed tomatoes and freeze in individual portions. Buy some Grande 50/50 mozzarella cheese and freeze in individual portions as well. If on Friday night if I am in the mood for pizza I'll just grab a crust, a portion of sauce and a portion of cheese from the chest freezer and make myself pizza in under 15 minutes. When I get invited to a barbecue I bring loaded potato skins or batter fried chicken wings. Everybody loves them as do I. I by Pamela's gluten-free flour from Amazon six at a time. So I always have some available. For the record, at the moment I am an extremely strict diet and cannot do any of the above. But will go back to that method in a few months.
  • Upcoming Events