• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Results Of Me Going Gluten Free. ,questions...

4 posts in this topic

I've been off gluten totally for a little over two weeks.Some interesting results have come from this.Without going into detail lets just say my BM are no longer pale in color or smelly.Now I'm more regular and seemingly less bloated and more hungry than I used to be so I see all this as positive. Now I have a few questions for those who have been down this road before.I understand that people who are celiac develope other intolerences and or allergies because the intestine lining is frankly butchered from the attacks.With that said I still have one odd problem and that's muscle soreness/ fatgue.I believe I narrowed it down to one of three foods (eggs,potatoes,caffeine) as I'm already off dairy.My question is can those foods produce widespread muscle pain? Not fybro pain,but actual pain.The reason I ask these questions is I've read on numerous sites that one comes to crave the food(s) they are allergic to.I grave a lot ,potatoe chips and I mean a lot!! Ill eat a bag a day no problem.(kettle chips non gluten).Also I noticed that after I ate bacon&eggs Thursday,the very next day I had body pains (but I also ate chips everyday).I eat eggs sat/sun every week usually but would the symptoms keep going all week? Thanks for any answers

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Potatoes belong to the nightshade family of foods (plants that grow at night - potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, etc.) and are known to be pro-inflammatory. You might try cutting out the potatoes, especially if you are craving them which, as you say, is often a sign of a toxic reaction. I do not eat any of the nightshade foods and it has made such a difference to my psoriatic arthritis. :)

It could be a matter of time too. I've had pretty bad joint pain in the past; the kind where it's difficult to hold a pen, and it hurts to carry a couple of paperbacks in a bag. I'm not sure if it was caused by celiac or other autoimmune problems (I have Hashi's and suspect another) but my joint pain has improved a great deal lately. If it was caused by celiac, it took over 6 months of eating gluten-free (and 4 months dairy free) before I saw any improvement. It actually got worse in the first few months on the gluten-free diet.

I would try cutting out potatoes for a few months and see if there is any improvement... It beats waiting 6 months like I did. LOL You might want to reduce caffeine too; high consumption of caffeine is often advised against for those with AI diseases.

Good luck. :)

Yeah I did some tests.Last week I noticed an increase in symptoms Friday after I ate bacon and eggs for dinner on Thursday.I also always eat eggs and bacon weekends I drive to my parents it's a weird tradition.I then spend my weeks mon/Tuesday /Wednesday feeling like crap.Tense neck/shoulders,body pain and sensative to light and sinus pain/ear fullness.so today I'm cutting eggs and see what happens.