This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone In South Carolina

clhsc

clhsc Apprentice

Hi! I am new to this and would like to meet some new people to share ideas about restaurants, health food stores, and good southern cooking!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Turtle Enthusiast

Sent you a PM!

• 3 months later...
morrisgirl Newbie

Hey,

My family just moved to SC this summer (we moved the day my doctor told me i needed to get the blood work done to find out if i had celiacs -- talk about timing!).

Anyways I was officially diagnosed this october and although i'm supposed to be at college right now im home with my family in SC trying to get this under control so I can attempt to have a normal college life. I was wondering if there were any support groups (Especially for teens) near the Charleston area. It would be really helpful to not go through this alone.

Corkdarrr Enthusiast

I'm here in Columbia with Turtle! :)

Courtney

Mahee34 Enthusiast

I'm in Myrtle Beach

• 1 year later...
lindajeaninsc Newbie
I'm in Myrtle Beach

Hi,

I'm in Greenville, SC. There is an active Celiac Disease support group here. We meet the second Thursday of each month at the Earth Fare Health Food store on I-85 north and Pelham Rd. (exit 54) at 7:00 PM.

Drive up sometime and meet with us! We have all ages in our support group, from 19 to 60.

Linda

lindajeaninsc@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...
mellajane Explorer

Hello all in South Carolina i live in Mt. Pleasant.... love it, okay i work at Crave Kitchen and cocktails and we are part owners we do offer gluten free options lots of them. We have a menu that you can ask for; be sure to remind your server also. I am there alot my name is Carmela everyone will know who i am. The food is awesome and we know how hard it is to find restraunts with options. So please come check us out. I get very sick if i am glutened it sucks . The kitchen is very good at accomidating...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

HebrewRose Newbie

I'm in Florence, and really new to the area.

digmom1014 Enthusiast

I live in the Charlotte area of N.C. but, my territory is in SC.

There is a good Earthfare in Rock Hill.

Also, Fort Mill has Pei Wei, Outback, and Carraba's-all have gluten-free menu's.

• 9 months later...
The Fluffy Assassin Enthusiast
Hello all in South Carolina i live in Mt. Pleasant.... love it, okay i work at Crave Kitchen and cocktails and we are part owners we do offer gluten free options lots of them. We have a menu that you can ask for; be sure to remind your server also. I am there alot my name is Carmela everyone will know who i am. The food is awesome and we know how hard it is to find restraunts with options. So please come check us out. I get very sick if i am glutened it sucks . The kitchen is very good at accomidating...

Thanks, I'll try to come by on my next Whole Foods junket.

• 2 months later...
OneBySea Newbie
I'm in Myrtle Beach

Hi, I'm also in Myrtle Beach and would like to start a Celiac Dinner Club. Do you know others in the area that are celiac?

• 2 weeks later...
bittykitty Rookie

I'm in myrtle beach, and would be interested in meeting more people.

moonlightmaven Newbie

I am in Anderson County and hoping to make it to the next meeting in Greenville.

Archived