This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Black Bean Brownies

Roda

Roda Rising Star

I made these today and they were awesome. It was more like a chocolate cake really and very moist. I would like to experiment with some white beans next. I only had splenda on hand so the only drawback for me was the aftertaste. I am going to order some erythritol and stevia extract and use a blend of it next time. I also did not have unsweetened baking chocolate so I used three squares of Bakers german sweet baking chocolate with a 1/2 tbs spectrum shortening melted and mixed it in before pouring it into the pan. BTW, no it didn't even remotely taste like beans! Who would have thought? :o On a side note I also used canola oil instead of butter and used ricotta and I used 5 large eggs. I'm sure you could just substitute sugar for the sugar substitute also. Enjoy!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elle's mom Contributor
I made these today and they were awesome. It was more like a chocolate cake really and very moist. I would like to experiment with some white beans next. I only had splenda on hand so the only drawback for me was the aftertaste. I am going to order some erythritol and stevia extract and use a blend of it next time. I also did not have unsweetened baking chocolate so I used three squares of Bakers german sweet baking chocolate with a 1/2 tbs spectrum shortening melted and mixed it in before pouring it into the pan. BTW, no it didn't even remotely taste like beans! Who would have thought? :o On a side note I also used canola oil instead of butter and used ricotta and I used 5 large eggs. I'm sure you could just substitute sugar for the sugar substitute also. Enjoy!

I would be really interested to try these! Anyone with a non-dairy suggestion for substituting the cream/ricotta cheese?

Roda Rising Star
I would be really interested to try these! Anyone with a non-dairy suggestion for substituting the cream/ricotta cheese?

Here is a different take on it. The blogger used the other recipe I posted and modified it. Check out the rest of her site. It is awesome. I can't wait to try the wraps!

• 2 weeks later...
Roda Rising Star

Well I made a carrot cake with the suggestions at the end of the first posted recipe. I used cannellini beans (canned) and used cinamon, alspice, nutmeg and cloves. Boy did it turn out yummy! :P I liked it better than the chocolate. I definatly will make the carrot cake again.

hermitgirl Contributor

I made the cake and it turned out really well. I tested it on my non-gluten free coworkers, and they thought it was really good. Moist. We all agreed on one thing though, the frosting recipe lacked... The cake though... I was surprised at how well it went over.

sixtytwo Apprentice

What a treat. I just tried the black bean brownies which are reallly good and have to be so muc healthier than regular brownies. Of course, I put more cocoa than it called for!!!!! What I do like is that they do not have flour or white sugar, both of which I am addicted to and just want to keep eating. I also tried the carrot cake ones on the site to which I also added coconut. Airy and moist. I would imagine they are going to have a good effect on the constipation from which I suffere chronically. If so, then I could eat them for medicinal purposes!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the mention of these, I never tire of reading the gluten-free site as I learn things all the time.

Barbara

Archived