All posts made on this forum are fully moderated by our Moderation Team according to the Forum Rules below. Generally speaking, users who break these rules will get two warnings, and if there is a third rule violation they will be banned from this board. Serious board violations can result in an immediate ban.
Forum Rules for All Posts
1) Do not be abusive or otherwise out of line towards other board members. Show respect for each board member, no matter what you think of their views. This is not a place to quarrel.
2) Do not promote your own business or products, Web site, blog, Facebook, Twitter (or other personal sites) in posts or personal messages--even if they offer free services. The proper place to post personal information is in your profile area here, not in your signature block or in posts. This includes using this board to gather information via surveys, marketing-related questions or other means.
3) Do not spam the boards (i.e., post the same thing in multiple topics or areas of the board to bring more attention to your post), or bump posts up to bring more attention to them (Wikipedia definition of "bumping": Someone wishing to keep a thread on this first page, or bring an old thread back to it will post a reply to it purely to do this).
4) No Trolling. Wikipedia definition of trolling: "In Internet terminology, a troll is often someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets."
- 5) Any claims you make here should be based on legitimate sources, or be expressed as opinion, experience, or inquiry. You should remain on topic and be consistent with the theme of the forum as a whole.
About Our Moderators: All of our Moderators are volunteers who have a wide variety of backgrounds, work experience and skills, and each has become a "lay expert" on celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, the gluten-free diet, and, of course, bulletin board moderation. Our moderators, however, should be not considered trained medical professionals, and you should always consult with your physician regarding any information found here. Our Moderators visit this board on a daily basis, and review all posts made to ensure that they do not violate our Submission Guidelines.
To become a Moderator you must:
- Be a "Star Contributor" with over 25 posts here, and;
- Be nominated by at least one existing board Moderator. The Moderators will then review your posts and vote on whether to approve you as a Moderator. The basis for this vote will be the nominee's adherence and understanding of the board's rules (above), an understanding of celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and the gluten-free diet, and the nominee's ability to interact well with other forum members.
Internet users posting comments on this board should not be considered as health professionals.
Comments posted on this board should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
We remind you that everyone can read your posts, and you will have 24 hours to modify your posts.
Users who post on this board should do so with the aim of providing true and correct information to the best of their knowledge, and when possible reference the sources of any health/medical claims made.
The Moderators reserve the right to erase, without notification, any comment or post that violate these rules and guidelines.