This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Post Here To Join Celiac.com's Online Support Group With Live Chat Meetings! (Free)

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

This is the topic for the new "Celiac.com Online Support Group". We hold regular monthly online meetings in the forum's "Live Chat" area (see link in top menu):

To join: Create a forum account, then make just post in this topic--be sure to click "Follow This Topic" at top right.

Our goals:

• To help our members adjust and deal with being gluten-free;
  • To help our members adjust and deal with the effects of celiac disease and gluten sensitivity;
  • To provide a friendly and convenient way for our members to meet and exchange information online, including regular live chat support group meetings.

Next Meeting Notice:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mendylou Rookie

I've been thinking about starting a "Celiac.com Online Support Group" which would hold regular online meetings here in our "Live Chat" area? I am hoping there are others out there who might be interested. Please let me know if you are:

1. Interested in joining such a group;
  2. Interested in helping to lead or otherwise help out with such a group;

Iwould be interested in joining an online support chat group

Celtic Queen Explorer

Would be interested in joining.  Unfortunately don't have the time to lead.

moosemalibu Collaborator

I would be interested in joining the group. I don't know about being a lead, though. I'm new to the celiac disease game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Scott Adams Grand Master

I nominate Jamie (moosemalibu) to help lead our group. Also, I am starting to promote this more, so hopefully we'll have more folks join by posting here.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hi Scott, Did you have a particular day and time in mind?  Weekly, Monthly?

Colleen

moosemalibu Collaborator

I nominate Jamie (moosemalibu) to help lead our group. Also, I am starting to promote this more, so hopefully we'll have more folks join by posting here.

Haha - I can certainly try. Do we have organized agenda's/topics to discuss? How do we want to organize it? A date/time and then just have at it. What about a journal seminar? Like - read this article and then discuss kind of thing...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

All good questions...at the moment I am thinking of using this thread as the ongoing discussion thread, and having one meeting per month, at least to being. If members later decide they want to meet more often that will also be possible, as the chat area is always open.

It may be too early yet to formulate the first meeting's agenda, as we really don't have enough members. Hopefully this will change soon as I am ramping up promoting this new group. I think we need at least 20 members before we can have a meeting.

GF Lover Rising Star

Scott,  would you like interested members to propose topics that interest them?  May help you plan agendas. 

Colleen 

Scott Adams Grand Master

Yes, this would be best I think. The first step is to see if there is enough interest in the idea of a "Celiac.com Online Support Group."  Does this sound like a good idea for a name?

Scott

Scott,  would you like interested members to propose topics that interest them?  May help you plan agendas. 

Colleen 

moosemalibu Collaborator

Forgive me.. maybe I misunderstood the concept. Is this a LiveChat functional group or a topic posting group? Either sounds great - but the livechat would be neat. 

The name sounds great!

Scott Adams Grand Master

The group will have both--this thread for posting, and live chat meetings (see the "Live Chat" link at the top of the board). So all meetings will be live, and participants can communicate in real time. I believe the live chat meeting content can also be archived. 

GFinDC Veteran

Once a month sounds possible.  I'm in.

RevKate Newbie

I'm newly diagnosed, and still adjusting (healing and fighting leaky gut)...unfortunately there are no Celiac support groups locally so my hubby and I are muddling through this process on our own. We live in a small community with very limited grocery shopping options, etc. so any support online or otherwise would be greatly appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...
jackiejasbedt65 Newbie

I would greatly appreciate a online support group, as the small town I live in has no group here.  So I'm in.

Scott Adams Grand Master

We've got the start of a group...but we do need more members to begin. I'll keep promoting it the group.

SkyBlue4 Apprentice

I love the idea of an online support group!

tonalynn Explorer

This sounds like a great idea! Count me in!

julissa Explorer

I've been away from here for a while, but I am interested as well. thanks..

StephenB Newbie

Count me in.

lcdconsumer Newbie

We've got the start of a group...but we do need more members to begin. I'll keep promoting it the group.

Please count me in also.  ABSOLUTELY HEALTHY 59 year old, certified fitness trainer, suffered a heart attack September 30, 2012 resulting in 8-stents!  Sickness followed for 7-months by 35+ pounds of uncontrolled weight loss.  Blood test resulted in severe celiac sprue (redundant).  I feel like the only one in the world suffering from this.  I have numerous challenges, not the lease of which is the fact that we cannot determine how much heart medicine my body is actually absorbing.  Anyway, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for providing an up-to-date communication vehicle for those of us with this crazy disorder.  Prayers go out to everyone!

Googles Community Regular

I am interested. I would be able to make the on line chat as long as it isn't when I'm working (which is way too many hours.)

Sue B Newbie

I would be interested.  I am always interested in up to date information.

BZBee Apprentice

I'll join, there aren't any local support groups in my area.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Excellent...it is good to see more people joining. For anyone who can't attend a live meeting this thread will act as the non-live discussion area, so everyone can basically interact here between live chat meetings. If we can get 10-20 more members we can plan our first live chat meeting.

Archived