This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Gluten Free Food Alternative List 2018 Q1

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Updated list here new links, and composed in a more organized manner LOOK for * on links and you can order from them directly, at the bottom are some websites to purchase from

Full Meal Options/Entrees, broad spectrum companies
Open Original Shared Link
^Ians gluten-free options you will find sides, baked/fried snacks, onion rings, chicken strips, cheese sticks, fish sticks, pizza bread. etc from them that are good subs you can find where to buy them or even have your local grocer stock them on request. Best thing about Ians is you can go to their site and adjust the filter to find stuff free of other ingredients.

^ Whole lot of food staples from this company (none safe for me) but all gluten-free alternative you can have, udi is like the cheap bargain gluten-free brand alot of there stuff seems lacking but they have a little bit of everything. From microwave dinners, pizzas, burritos, instant pasta dishes, granola's, and cookies.

^ go to breakfast guys. Select Gluten free from dietary restrictions or other options you need, NOTE most products use oats.

^All Free of the 8 top allergens, they have premade cookies, chips, and baking ingredients.

^ Free of top 8 allergens, they have everything from flours, mixes, and entrees,

^Mixes, Crackers, and cookies, ALL GRAIN FREE

^Low carb bread, muffins, waffles, cookies, etc. All low carb and keto friendly great for diabetics

^All gluten-free Pizza pouches, Meal bits, pastry puffs,

Breads/Pizza
Note some of the above spectrum companies also offer their own

^Raved by  most people I talk to as some of the BEST gluten-free breads/bagels/buns available, several of my customers talk about using them with artisan nut butters all the time.

*^Grain Free Corn free low carb bread, The seed bread toast just like gluten breads, The almond and coconut each have their own niche. Bread is best used toasted, PS the coconut bread makes awesome french toast

*^Grain Free Pizza crust to make your own with using eggs, coconut and arrowroot for a base crust blend. The Naked pizza crust is dairy free. Order frozen by the case and they ship them to you.

*^Grain Free Pizza They use Dairy Cheese blended with chicken breast to form personal pizza crust. You can order them frozen and shipped to you. NEW PRODUCTS they do Enchiladas NOW

*^ This is the only one I buy, grain free, low carb crust, and the plant based one is great, NOTE these make a New york style flat crust, I use 15 min prebake before adding toppings to make them extra crispy

^Gluten free hot pockets? YES they make them for when you need the old instant hotpocket, odd craving but I know they hit sometimes.

CRUST MIXES Grain free

Baking Mixes
*^Grain Free low carb mixes have pancakes, bread, pizzia

^Grain Free Mixes

^Major Staple provider of baking mixes and flours for the gluten free

^Your old Favorites, note these are loaded with starches and can cause some issues (Note a specialty gluten-free company)

^More classic starchy mixes (Note a specialty Gluten Free company)

Chocolate

^Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free Truffles!

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free bars OMG better then a Hershey bar

^Various gluten free truffles, and chocolate bars

^Chocolate Bars, Baking Chips etc. all gluten, dairy, and sugar free. Might contain Dairy in some and soy

Bars
^High protein low carb, meal bars, take some getting used to with the texture but great for diabetics and those sensitive to sugars.

^Good nut bars and snacks they also make granola

^Gluten free food bars, contain oats in many.

^Allergen Free Bars

Snacks/Chips/Crackers/Wraps

*^They have pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, etc. all free of the top 8 allergens, Also they offer various spices, etc.

*^Grain free low carb, vegan protein chips, bit of a acquired taste

^Corn free tortilla chips, taste like a high end restaurant chips, they also make corn free puff snacks.

^More Corn free tortilla chips note these also have vegan options, they are a bit lighter and crispier.

^Rice and Quinoa Chips, crackers, etc.

*^Cassava based chips grain free bit high in starch but light and crisp

*^Cassava based grain free tortillas

*^Coconut wraps, I love to use these, you have to warm them up a bit to make them pliable.

^Almond based crackers

^Oat based granola snacks, bars, etc.

^Gluten free, Grain Free, Hot Cereal, granola and smoothie bases

^These flax crackers are great...the pizza is addicting

Fries/Hashbrowns/Tatertots
^Go to company for most of is with this disease, NOTE most other companies will use wheat flour in fries/tots/hashbrowns

Cooking Ingredients/Rice/Flours/Condiments

^Many of use this brand in our cooking

*^Gluten free, Organic, Non GMO spices #1 go to for safe spices for many of us

^Great and safe Gluten Free Rice company, they make many instant rice entrees, rice crackers, and rice cakes

^Another option for various rice products

^Grain Free FRESH soft pasta options EXPENSIVE but some of the highest end stuff you can get

*^ONLY true Gluten free oat company that I would trust, it is owned by a celiac family

*^Carb Free/Low Carb, Grain free noodles, rice, and instant meal kits.

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Carb Free. Dairy Free, Soy Free for cravings when you can't have them, bit overly processed but helps out when your limited They have coffee creamers, topping syrups, dessert dips, savory dips, salad dressings, condiments etc. CAREFUL if you have issues with highly processed foods and xantham gum

^Sugar Free jams, honey, and maple syrup using xylitol for a sweetener instead of of a bunch of crud. Stuff takes awhile for your gut to adjust to but honestly They have the only Honey I can use

^ All their products are gluten-free and their jams are good I love using their sugar free products with fiber, I also use some of smuckers SF products

^gluten-free and soy free teriyaki sauces, soy sauce subs, garlic sauce, cooking sauces, and they make knock off granola bars without oats

^Great source for mayo, vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, and SECRET SAUCE. all gluten and corn free with NO artificial preservatives, My main condiment when cooking for others, as a chef I trust it quite a bit.

^These are vinegar made from coconut, great for cooking with and over salads

^Awesome Vegan Parmesan options the bacon one is a GOD SEND

^OMG You need to try this, dairy free, and sugar free Nutella substitute

Meat/Meat Alternatives

^ Meat alternative using Pea Protein, I love the beefy crumbles as they have the texture and flavor of ground beef. Low carb and good for ketogenic diets. MUCH easier to digest then actual beef while having the same amount of protein and less fat.

^look for the gluten-free label, you can get all kinds of sausage, bacon, burger patties etc from them all from turkey. I like using the bacon and sausages for soup stocks, and seasoning myself

^Love the deli meats from this company I use them in my catering sometimes

^I love using the curry paste from the Thai Kitchen, Noodle kits, Soup kits, stir fry kits, even Chinese take out kits. some even instant microwaveable. All gluten-free from what I have found gluten-free Thai/Chinese food.

*^gluten-free sauces like sriracha, BBQ, mustard, ketchup, ect. Good line up of products.

*^Great source for flours, baking ingredients etc. all you basics

^Coconut flour, I use this brand in my baking alot

Dairy Free Alternatives to Dairy Foods

^ Almond, cashew, coconut, blends etc.

^ More Almond, cashew, coconut, blends, they also offer yogurt and icecream alternatives.

^ They offer many coconut options, Yogurt, cheese, milks, icecream pints, icecream bars.

^VERY high end minimally processed almond milk, one the the best

^ NUT FREE, Dairy Free options of a rich milk alternative from yellow peas (legumes)

^Flax Based milk alternatives

^ BEST and least processed cheese spreads, cream cheese etc. I can eat these without any issues

^Offers Vegan cheese slices, cheese blocks, cheese shreds, pizza, CHEESE CAKES!, yogurt, s

^ Diary free and vegan, cheese, spreads, dips, dressings, condiments

*^ICE CREAM by the pint AND THEY SHIP IT TO YOU, Dairy free, soy free, sugar free, PERFECT bliss I suggest getting the gluten free pastry pack

Flavors/Extracts
^Great flavors for any dessert you might desire, you add 1 drop to each oz of liquid base in smoothies, icecream, and drinks....great way to kick cravings, Needs Sweeteners
^Baking Extracts

Coffee/Tea

*^ DESERT Flavored Coffee all gluten-free and safe, I called the company and even tested most of the coffee flavors myself using testing kits. Sounded too good to be true but most of these taste dead on like the deserts they are supposed to , just add sweetener. 
Also try their plain coffee

*^Great tea company, all gluten-free certified teas, both bulk and bags.

Hard Ciders/Liqours
While Most Hard Liqours are gluten free due to the distilling process these are ones I have contacted the company on.
^Local cider here in Texas, I keep these for guest, good alternative to the "Beer Can Chicken"

^Suggested by someone else I was talking to

^Old Staple for many and company says they are gluten free

^I use this in cooking, goes great finishing off veggie saute

^Corn Based Vodka

^Grape Based Vodka

EMERGENCY MEAL Supplies for long term survival
^All gluten free meal options dedicated company

^Gluten Free Options from a Wise company

^Various Freeze Dried foods, great for not just emergency foods but the dehydrated veggies give options for soups and always having veggies in stock without refrigeration.

Places to order From
Check these for most the the above products, these are the best pricing options, Always cross check and look for sells.

^Really good place for supplements, protein powders, and some gluten-free foods and snacks, Cross check with amazon for best pricing and sometimes Luckys will price match.

^Thrive Market, like a online grocery store that ship to you so you do not need to go out and buy stuff, has alot of brands just search under Gluten Free.

^The go to everything store.

Found a UPC list from Several Grocery stores, you can takes these to your local grocery store manager and have items ordered.

^HEB/Central Market

^Whole Foods select location and store and you can even see what they have in stock.

^ Kroger

^Trader Joes

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BergieF Explorer
On 1/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, Ennis_TX said:

Updated list here new links, and composed in a more organized manner LOOK for * on links and you can order from them directly, at the bottom are some websites to purchase from

Full Meal Options/Entrees, broad spectrum companies
^Ians gluten-free options you will find sides, baked/fried snacks, onion rings, chicken strips, cheese sticks, fish sticks, pizza bread. etc from them that are good subs you can find where to buy them or even have your local grocer stock them on request. Best thing about Ians is you can go to their site and adjust the filter to find stuff free of other ingredients.

^ Whole lot of food staples from this company (none safe for me) but all gluten-free alternative you can have, udi is like the cheap bargain gluten-free brand alot of there stuff seems lacking but they have a little bit of everything. From microwave dinners, pizzas, burritos, instant pasta dishes, granola's, and cookies.

^ go to breakfast guys. Select Gluten free from dietary restrictions or other options you need, NOTE most products use oats.

^All Free of the 8 top allergens, they have premade cookies, chips, and baking ingredients.

^ Free of top 8 allergens, they have everything from flours, mixes, and entrees,

^Mixes, Crackers, and cookies, ALL GRAIN FREE

^Low carb bread, muffins, waffles, cookies, etc. All low carb and keto friendly great for diabetics

^All gluten-free Pizza pouches, Meal bits, pastry puffs,

Breads/Pizza
Note some of the above spectrum companies also offer their own

^Raved by  most people I talk to as some of the BEST gluten-free breads/bagels/buns available, several of my customers talk about using them with artisan nut butters all the time.

*^Grain Free Corn free low carb bread, The seed bread toast just like gluten breads, The almond and coconut each have their own niche. Bread is best used toasted, PS the coconut bread makes awesome french toast

*^Grain Free Pizza crust to make your own with using eggs, coconut and arrowroot for a base crust blend. The Naked pizza crust is dairy free. Order frozen by the case and they ship them to you.

*^Grain Free Pizza They use Dairy Cheese blended with chicken breast to form personal pizza crust. You can order them frozen and shipped to you. NEW PRODUCTS they do Enchiladas NOW

*^ This is the only one I buy, grain free, low carb crust, and the plant based one is great, NOTE these make a New york style flat crust, I use 15 min prebake before adding toppings to make them extra crispy

^Gluten free hot pockets? YES they make them for when you need the old instant hotpocket, odd craving but I know they hit sometimes.

CRUST MIXES Grain free

Baking Mixes
*^Grain Free low carb mixes have pancakes, bread, pizzia

^Grain Free Mixes

^Major Staple provider of baking mixes and flours for the gluten free

^Your old Favorites, note these are loaded with starches and can cause some issues (Note a specialty gluten-free company)

^More classic starchy mixes (Note a specialty Gluten Free company)

Chocolate

^Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free Truffles!

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free bars OMG better then a Hershey bar

^Various gluten free truffles, and chocolate bars

^Chocolate Bars, Baking Chips etc. all gluten, dairy, and sugar free. Might contain Dairy in some and soy

Bars
^High protein low carb, meal bars, take some getting used to with the texture but great for diabetics and those sensitive to sugars.

^Good nut bars and snacks they also make granola

^Gluten free food bars, contain oats in many.

^Allergen Free Bars

Snacks/Chips/Crackers/Wraps

*^They have pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, etc. all free of the top 8 allergens, Also they offer various spices, etc.

*^Grain free low carb, vegan protein chips, bit of a acquired taste

^Corn free tortilla chips, taste like a high end restaurant chips, they also make corn free puff snacks.

^More Corn free tortilla chips note these also have vegan options, they are a bit lighter and crispier.

^Rice and Quinoa Chips, crackers, etc.

*^Cassava based chips grain free bit high in starch but light and crisp

*^Cassava based grain free tortillas

*^Coconut wraps, I love to use these, you have to warm them up a bit to make them pliable.

^Almond based crackers

^Oat based granola snacks, bars, etc.

^Gluten free, Grain Free, Hot Cereal, granola and smoothie bases

^These flax crackers are great...the pizza is addicting

Fries/Hashbrowns/Tatertots
^Go to company for most of is with this disease, NOTE most other companies will use wheat flour in fries/tots/hashbrowns

Cooking Ingredients/Rice/Flours/Condiments

^Many of use this brand in our cooking

*^Gluten free, Organic, Non GMO spices #1 go to for safe spices for many of us

^Great and safe Gluten Free Rice company, they make many instant rice entrees, rice crackers, and rice cakes

^Another option for various rice products

^Grain Free FRESH soft pasta options EXPENSIVE but some of the highest end stuff you can get

*^ONLY true Gluten free oat company that I would trust, it is owned by a celiac family

*^Carb Free/Low Carb, Grain free noodles, rice, and instant meal kits.

^Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Carb Free. Dairy Free, Soy Free for cravings when you can't have them, bit overly processed but helps out when your limited They have coffee creamers, topping syrups, dessert dips, savory dips, salad dressings, condiments etc. CAREFUL if you have issues with highly processed foods and xantham gum

^Sugar Free jams, honey, and maple syrup using xylitol for a sweetener instead of of a bunch of crud. Stuff takes awhile for your gut to adjust to but honestly They have the only Honey I can use

^ All their products are gluten-free and their jams are good I love using their sugar free products with fiber, I also use some of smuckers SF products

^gluten-free and soy free teriyaki sauces, soy sauce subs, garlic sauce, cooking sauces, and they make knock off granola bars without oats

^Great source for mayo, vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, and SECRET SAUCE. all gluten and corn free with NO artificial preservatives, My main condiment when cooking for others, as a chef I trust it quite a bit.

^These are vinegar made from coconut, great for cooking with and over salads

^Awesome Vegan Parmesan options the bacon one is a GOD SEND

^OMG You need to try this, dairy free, and sugar free Nutella substitute

Meat/Meat Alternatives

^ Meat alternative using Pea Protein, I love the beefy crumbles as they have the texture and flavor of ground beef. Low carb and good for ketogenic diets. MUCH easier to digest then actual beef while having the same amount of protein and less fat.

^look for the gluten-free label, you can get all kinds of sausage, bacon, burger patties etc from them all from turkey. I like using the bacon and sausages for soup stocks, and seasoning myself

^Love the deli meats from this company I use them in my catering sometimes

^I love using the curry paste from the Thai Kitchen, Noodle kits, Soup kits, stir fry kits, even Chinese take out kits. some even instant microwaveable. All gluten-free from what I have found gluten-free Thai/Chinese food.

*^gluten-free sauces like sriracha, BBQ, mustard, ketchup, ect. Good line up of products.

*^Great source for flours, baking ingredients etc. all you basics

^Coconut flour, I use this brand in my baking alot

Dairy Free Alternatives to Dairy Foods

^ Almond, cashew, coconut, blends etc.

^ More Almond, cashew, coconut, blends, they also offer yogurt and icecream alternatives.

^ They offer many coconut options, Yogurt, cheese, milks, icecream pints, icecream bars.

^VERY high end minimally processed almond milk, one the the best

^ NUT FREE, Dairy Free options of a rich milk alternative from yellow peas (legumes)

^Flax Based milk alternatives

^ BEST and least processed cheese spreads, cream cheese etc. I can eat these without any issues

^Offers Vegan cheese slices, cheese blocks, cheese shreds, pizza, CHEESE CAKES!, yogurt, s

^ Diary free and vegan, cheese, spreads, dips, dressings, condiments

*^ICE CREAM by the pint AND THEY SHIP IT TO YOU, Dairy free, soy free, sugar free, PERFECT bliss I suggest getting the gluten free pastry pack

Flavors/Extracts
^Great flavors for any dessert you might desire, you add 1 drop to each oz of liquid base in smoothies, icecream, and drinks....great way to kick cravings, Needs Sweeteners
^Baking Extracts

Coffee/Tea

*^ DESERT Flavored Coffee all gluten-free and safe, I called the company and even tested most of the coffee flavors myself using testing kits. Sounded too good to be true but most of these taste dead on like the deserts they are supposed to , just add sweetener. 
Also try their plain coffee

*^Great tea company, all gluten-free certified teas, both bulk and bags.

Hard Ciders/Liqours
While Most Hard Liqours are gluten free due to the distilling process these are ones I have contacted the company on.
^Local cider here in Texas, I keep these for guest, good alternative to the "Beer Can Chicken"

^Suggested by someone else I was talking to

^Old Staple for many and company says they are gluten free

^I use this in cooking, goes great finishing off veggie saute

^Corn Based Vodka

^Grape Based Vodka

EMERGENCY MEAL Supplies for long term survival
^All gluten free meal options dedicated company

^Gluten Free Options from a Wise company

^Various Freeze Dried foods, great for not just emergency foods but the dehydrated veggies give options for soups and always having veggies in stock without refrigeration.

Places to order From
Check these for most the the above products, these are the best pricing options, Always cross check and look for sells.

^Really good place for supplements, protein powders, and some gluten-free foods and snacks, Cross check with amazon for best pricing and sometimes Luckys will price match.

^Thrive Market, like a online grocery store that ship to you so you do not need to go out and buy stuff, has alot of brands just search under Gluten Free.

^The go to everything store.

Found a UPC list from Several Grocery stores, you can takes these to your local grocery store manager and have items ordered.

^HEB/Central Market

^Whole Foods select location and store and you can even see what they have in stock.

^ Kroger

^Trader Joes

You are AWESOME, as always!

• 2 weeks later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Adding the Frito Lay list that was updated a week or so ago

BergieF Explorer
6 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Adding the Frito Lay list that was updated a week or so ago

The issue with Frito is they use the same lines with gluten containing products.  Even though they clean them there is still a chance in cross contamination. 

kareng Grand Master
16 minutes ago, BergieF said:

The issue with Frito is they use the same lines with gluten containing products.  Even though they clean them there is still a chance in cross contamination. 

That isn't entirely correct.  the gluten-free list is the stuff that they know is & test to be gluten-free and not made with gluten products.  The other list is no gluten ingredients but not tested .  Read the link for the explanation

BergieF Explorer
3 hours ago, kareng said:

That isn't entirely correct.  the gluten-free list is the stuff that they know is & test to be gluten-free and not made with gluten products.  The other list is no gluten ingredients but not tested .  Read the link for the explanation

I understand the link.   I’ve gotten sick from Frito products that are labeled gluten free.  I called and spoke with them on their processes, they “clean” the lines.  I won’t buy products that are ran on shared lines/“cleaned”.  It’s not worth it.  

kareng Grand Master
33 minutes ago, BergieF said:

I understand the link.   I’ve gotten sick from Frito products that are labeled gluten free.  I called and spoke with them on their processes, they “clean” the lines.  I won’t buy products that are ran on shared lines/“cleaned”.  It’s not worth it.  

Yes, the second half of the list are possibly made on shared machinery.  The ones labeled gluten free are not. And they are tested for Gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BergieF Explorer
17 minutes ago, kareng said:

Yes, the second half of the list are possibly made on shared machinery.  The ones labeled gluten free are not. And they are tested for Gluten.

Both sets are made on shared lines.  That was the point of my response.  Many people have gotten sick from Gluten free products from Frito Lay.  

Archived