This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Janet's current phavoUrite commercial:

Patti is chortling at this particular coinkydink.....we saw his other commercial last night. On the horse, but a different one :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

Karen goes out to retrieve Robot parts & look at all the posts. Karen is flumoxed.

Karen wishes everyone & thier Hubs good strong steady hearts.

Karen, also, wishes to find that man in her shower or at least to watch that commercial again.

jerseyangel Proficient

Patti is currently at Starbucks having tea with copious amounts of milk.

Yum.

elye Community Regular

.....we saw his other commercial last night. On the horse, but a different one :P

Wow......:huh: . ....who IS that man??.... . .. . .. ..... ..think MY heart's goin' loopity loop.. .. . . . . .. ..... . . . ..

All kidding aside, Emily seconds Kherrighn's motion to keep everyone and their hubs heart-healthy.

Jack is currently obsessed with the latest huge news release from NASA, verifying the claim that the enormous earthquake in Chile has caused the earth's axis to tilt a wee bit further back (or forth, depending on one's vantage point)... . . ......our days, henceforth, are 0.5 milliseconds shorter. Forever.

Gawd......I now have even LESS time to pack it all into a day.. . . . ..... . ...:rolleyes:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Janet can jump up and down on one foot, walk backwards, and crawl on her treadmill because Janet's treadmill is never turned on. Janet uses her treadmill to "hold" things.

:lol::lol: Rachelle thinks this is too phunny!

Jack is currently obsessed with the latest huge news release from NASA, verifying the claim that the enormous earthquake in Chile has caused the earth's axis to tilt a wee bit further back (or forth, depending on one's vantage point)... . . ......our days, henceforth, are 0.5 milliseconds shorter. Forever.

Rachelle heard about this this morning, it greatly disturbed her!

Rachelle has to run down to the ER now to see another sick heart. She thinks they've seen a record number of sick hearts today.....She is DONE with sick hearts! Rachelle says everyone must get better NOW!!! or else..... :ph34r:

mushroom Proficient

Speaking of loops, one of Beverly's students wrote a very funny memoir whose title had Loopy in it about falling in love with a drag queen. Beverly loved it but hopes that Neroli's heart loopity loops do not mean that Neroli will fall in love with a drag queen!

Neroli's heart does not go out to drag queens :rolleyes: nor do drag queens make it go loopity loop :lol: Perhaps Neroli is just plain loopy :blink:

Rachelle also thinks Neroli needs to wear a King-of-Hearts monitor. This is a monitor that is worn for up to a month and can catch more sporadic symptoms. Rachelle thinks the 24 hour monitors are crap hit and miss.

Neroli although thinks that 24-hour monitors are probably poop but I guess you don't get the to the King-of-Hearts until you've been through the knaves first :rolleyes:

Um.. . . . . . must one refrain from showering whilst wearing this model, as well?. . . . . ....:unsure:.. . . ....:blink: . .. . ........

Good gracious, one would have to go camping (alone) in some remote spot for a month if that were true! You could even go where there was bears and not be bothered.

Pateeh should nae be too disappointed or concerned, if symptoms are phreakwent and daily, Rachelle thinks the 24hr holter is phine ;)

Neroli thinks Holter is poopy because symptoms are inphreakwent and not daily--may even be triggered by soitin phoods, like lectins, which she is currently avoiding, although she did eat an open-faced sanmwhich today which had bread with some soy flour in it :o Neroli thought it tasted phabulous! And she was tempting fate a little to see if Holter knew about it. More later.

Tomorrow, Neroli gets to be volunteer at New Zealand House and Garden Open Homes Tour benefit for Cancer Society. Gets free admission in morning to other open homes and assigned to a lovely old colonial in the afternoon to make sure peeps don't steal stuph. Neroli was told to dress "smartly", with this big old Holter monitor bulging around her already bulging waistline and stoopid strap trying to strangle her. Is not going to look very stylish, Neroli thinks :unsure: Perhaps they will hide her away behind a table at the door taking tickets??

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Rachelle thinks Neroli should show as much of the holter as possible and she should tell people in her tour group that if anyone tries to steal anything, Neroli will push "this special button" and said person will disappear thru a hole in the phloor. Rachelle thinks this will keep said people phrom stealing! OR, Neroli can make sure the electrodes are showing and phreak the peeps out by thinking she's rigged to explosives.... :huh: No, not so phunny?? Yes, too morbid :P

Rachelle will be so sad in the morning when she cannae speak in the third person. Rachelle pheels so much phunnier this way!! :lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Neroli was told to dress "smartly", with this big old Holter monitor bulging around her already bulging waistline and stoopid strap trying to strangle her. Is not going to look very stylish

Ra-schellle has offered a terrific suggestion for handling this. .... . . .....quietly hinting to any possible thieving miscreants who are skulking about that the wires and straps are the only visible evidence of the explosives you have strapped around your abdomen. Methinks the staff of New Zealand House will be astonished at, one: how quiet and well-behaved the browsers are, and two: how quickly the crowds come and depart... . . . ......

:lol:

R, you're right.....morbid, but very effective. . . . . .. .. ...

Last night I was excited to watch a webinar that I'd registered for online last week. It dealt with the latest technologies and offerings in insulin pump technology. WELL.. . . . .....it started, live, at six. I got comfortable with my laptop on the couch, clicked on the URL that was to take me to the site, and NUTTIN'. :angry: Kept trying, troubleshooting, recruiting help from high-tech fb friends.. . . ......but could not get on.

Think I may start a thread on this, the advancements in pump delivery.

Mygawd.. . . . .... ...dunno if'n I recall how to DO this.. . . . . ..<_<:rolleyes:

POeter, have you ever considered going on the pump?

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachelle thinks Neroli should show as much of the holter as possible and she should tell people in her tour group that if anyone tries to steal anything, Neroli will push "this special button" and said person will disappear thru a hole in the phloor. Rachelle thinks this will keep said people phrom stealing! OR, Neroli can make sure the electrodes are showing and phreak the peeps out by thinking she's rigged to explosives....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too phunny!!

Rachelle will be so sad in the morning when she cannae speak in the third person. Rachelle pheels so much phunnier this way!! :lol: :lol:

Twas phun--somehow our posts did seem so much phunnier that way.....

Last night I was excited to watch a webinar that I'd registered for online last week. It dealt with the latest technologies and offerings in insulin pump technology. WELL.. . . . .....it started, live, at six. I got comfortable with my laptop on the couch, clicked on the URL that was to take me to the site, and NUTTIN'. :angry:

Bah!! :angry: Sorry you didn't get to watch the presentation, Em. Sounds very interesting. The pump would simplify things for you, no?

kareng Grand Master

Patti - I was looking for the post where you said what kind of instant potatoes you use. I want to try that chicken recipe. Trying to search the posts is hard. Thanks.

jerseyangel Proficient

Patti - I was looking for the post where you said what kind of instant potatoes you use. I want to try that chicken recipe. Trying to search the posts is hard. Thanks.

Betty Crocker Potato Buds.

I think I'm making it tonight too. :D

elye Community Regular

Bah!! :angry: Sorry you didn't get to watch the presentation, Em. Sounds very interesting. The pump would simplify things for you, no?

In many ways, yes. I have managed with the syringe delivery of insulin for all of my diabetic life, and have been able to keep tight control for many years. However, perhaps due to approaching perimenopause, added life stressors, or just getting older with the illness, I'm finding it suddenly not so easy to keep my blood sugars tight.

I've never had to consider the pump, and the idea of being hooked up to a portable thing, even if it is small, with long tubing and an insertion site that is always prone to infection, has never appealed to me. Needles are so easy! Fill it, shove it in, and boom - - it's in there, and done.

But I'm hearing about new pumps, and one in particular that is STILL not available in Canada :angry:, that has NO tubing, and the insulin is delivered through a patch, like a nicotine patch, I imagine. I've been waiting a few years to explore this one. Health Canada is infamously slow, safe and conservative in its approval of such things... . .. ....

Whup.. . . . . ....time for a lunch-time shot . . .. ........B)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

AFTERNOON PHOLKS!!!!!!! :D

HELP!! Tel's made 'rock cakes' :P ... no control....must EAT!!!!!! :ph34r:

I too am quite sad the 'third person' thing is over.....t'was amusing for my wee brain ;)

Seems quite a few of the Psills are afflicted with loopity loops and dickey tickers! :huh:

(Gyiann-eete!!..water skiing??....EXCELLENT!!!)

Did you know that Rachelle is a cardiovascular technologist? She actually graduated with a degree in cardiovascular science :huh: Anywho, she thinks an MRI for Tel is a good idea. Rachelle wants to know what his "Ejection Fraction" is. This is a very important number. Rachelle thinks it is very good that his corn's look good, but must discover what is weakening his heart and how "weak" it is....

Well now - yooz the girl to ask about hearts n' stuph then!!! (clever girl!)

..but no, don't know what the 'Ejection Fraction' is. I am wondering now if he's had this a long time.

Many, many years ago when Terry & I first met I had to take him to A&E ER 'cos of chest pains....... then again, several times in the year leading up to his celiac disease dx...at one time they thought he had endocarditis :o

... but no follow up was ever done.

Another thing that worries me is that he lost SO much weight through undx celiac disease, was SO emaciated, that his heart was damaged 'cos of 'starvation' (like an anorexic)

Hmmm, lots to ponder on, - of course I wasn't there when Terry spoke to the doc so he didn't ask the RIGHT questions (as per usual... :rolleyes: )...hope we don't have to wait too long for the MRI

NOW of course, he's milking it, ..... chores are completely out of the question as he 'has a weak heart you know! :P

Janet's current phavoUrite commercial:

PHUNEE!!!...nice horse...

Patti is currently at Starbucks having tea with copious amounts of milk.

Yum.

Tsk PadT!...milk in tea <_<

Ra-schellle has offered a terrific suggestion for handling this. .... . . .....quietly hinting to any possible thieving miscreants who are skulking about that the wires and straps are the only visible evidence of the explosives you have strapped around your abdomen. Methinks the staff of New Zealand House will be astonished at, one: how quiet and well-behaved the browsers are, and two: how quickly the crowds come and depart... . . . ......

Indeed!... :lol:

There's many-a-time I wished I had such a device..... sometimes after odious, hanus, meetings (usually with DC's teachers) I would walk away whispering into my jacket collar 'kill them, kill them all!'

Oh EM!! Update on me running..... found a fab little 5km route - 't'is GLORIOUS!!!

SO much more enjoyable & interesting!! (although why do the people at the bus stop have to STARE??)

I am a convert!!! :D

All I need now is a couple of dogs to run wiv me!!!

kareng Grand Master

I've never had to consider the pump, and the idea of being hooked up to a portable thing, even if it is small, with long tubing and an insertion site that is always prone to infection, has never appealed to me. Needles are so easy! Fill it, shove it in, and boom - - it's in there, and done.

But I'm hearing about new pumps, and one in particular that is STILL not available in Canada :angry:, that has NO tubing, and the insulin is delivered through a patch, like a nicotine patch, I imagine. I've been waiting a few years to explore this one. Health Canada is infamously slow, safe and conservative in its approval of such things... . .. ....

Whup.. . . . . ....time for a lunch-time shot . . .. ........B)

The 2 teens that always sit in front of us in church for 15 years, have pumps. The girl's big problem is where to put the little pump box on her cute teenager clothes. Brother has plenty of room in his baggy big pocketed khakis. Maybe the solution is to wear big baggy teen boy pants. B)

Mtndog Collaborator

Love that commercial!!!!!!!

Rachelle thinks Neroli should show as much of the holter as possible and she should tell people in her tour group that if anyone tries to steal anything, Neroli will push "this special button" and said person will disappear thru a hole in the phloor. Rachelle thinks this will keep said people phrom stealing! OR, Neroli can make sure the electrodes are showing and phreak the peeps out by thinking she's rigged to explosives.... :huh: No, not so phunny?? Yes, too morbid :P

:lol: :lol:

The 2 teens that always sit in front of us in church for 15 years, have pumps.

I read pimps instead of pumps :lol: :lol:

Kurt has man STOMACH phlugue :ph34r: :ph34r: ! He's delirious and saying things like "is this how YOU feel when you throw up? I am so so so so sorry" and last night he said, in a weakened voice "Call the doctor- I have malaria." But last night the poor guy got dizzy, tripped, and fell on bathroom floor. :(

He's OK but currently laying on couch talking back to "Lawrence of Arabia" :lol:

kareng Grand Master

I read pimps instead of pumps :lol: :lol:

Kurt has man STOMACH phlugue :ph34r: :ph34r: ! He's delirious and saying things like "is this how YOU feel when you throw up? I am so so so so sorry" and last night he said, in a weakened voice "Call the doctor- I have malaria." But last night the poor guy got dizzy, tripped, and fell on bathroom floor. :(

He's OK but currently laying on couch talking back to "Lawrence of Arabia" :lol:

Yeah...its that kind of church. ;)

Never knew anyone with malaria. Much cooler than the flu or virus.

psawyer Proficient
POeter, have you ever considered going on the pump?

No, I haven't.

jerseyangel Proficient

Kurt has man STOMACH phlugue :ph34r: :ph34r: !

I hope he pheels better soon--the stomach phloo is awful :(

jerseyangel Proficient

NO tubing, and the insulin is delivered through a patch, like a nicotine patch, I imagine.

Sounds like this would be ideal. :)

elye Community Regular

HELP!! Tel's made 'rock cakes' :P ... no control....must EAT!!!!!! :ph34r:

Gnick! Whot in hell are rock cakes? They are irresistable?? They do not sound as such. . . .....:unsure:

Any cakes that I have made that ended up being referred to as "rock cakes" were judged a dismal failure, and promptly made landfill. . . .. . . . . ..

Another thing that worries me is that he lost SO much weight through undx celiac disease, was SO emaciated, that his heart was damaged 'cos of 'starvation' (like an anorexic)

This is absolutely infuriating. :angry: :angry: Starvation due to undiagnosed intolerance of a food. :angry: :angry: Insane!

Poor Tel. . . .. ..!

Yay on the outdoor running, Nikkk! Yes, a couple of large accomplice dogs, in contrasting coloUrs, certainly helps motivate me to get out there even in inclement weather, and they really do add to the pedestrian stare factor.

Poor Kurt... . . . . . but this is phunnee. Bevel, you must go and participate in this conversation. Pretend that you are Peter O'Toole and he is your go-to man in the Arab National Council. Ask him what you should do about Damascus. . .. . . . :lol:

No, I haven't.

Same reasons that I haven't?

Darn210 Enthusiast

All I need now is a couple of dogs to run wiv me!!!

You don't think leashing up those kittehs of yours would work??? <snickering at the image of Nik running wif four kittehs on leashes>

I concur wif Em . . . rock cakes do not sound . . . good . . . Are they similar to mud pies?

jerseyangel Proficient

I concur wif Em . . . rock cakes do not sound . . . good . . .

Yep, but if Tel made 'em, they must be phab. Maybe "rock" is British fer fudge er sumphin... :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Open Original Shared Link are yummm :P

Running with kittehs!!!! ..... like Dances with wolves..... but different :lol:

MUST get Open Original Shared Link harness for Lucy!!..... but as she is about 15 yrs older than the other cats she may struggle to keep up <_<

...maybe Tel can walk her and the boys (Will, Boris and Harry) can run and frolick with me past the bus-stops??? :huh:

<''Did you see that crazy cat laydee???''>

Where's Bev gone??..... is she assembling a sheet around her head??....brushing up on her acting skills?

Totally convincing Kurt that she IS Poeter O'Toole??

jerseyangel Proficient

Ok.....dried fruits...fudge.....almost the same thing :lol:

They do look good!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

... and did you see this part

Enjoy 15% off everything when you enter promo code purr at checkout!

Patti!!!! Phruit and Phudge are NOT "almost the same thing"!!!!! :lol:

Archived