Jump to content
  • Sign Up

sparky

Advanced Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About sparky

  • Rank
    Contributor
  1. GlutenFreeDate.com is not a website created to limit your options on dating. It was created to allow new options for Celiacs and people choosing to live a gluten free lifestyle. Please, DO NOT limit yourself to people who are Celiacs. Wouldn't it be cool to meet someone, even just more friends, who are Celiacs? I'm all for more support in a community! Celiac is a chronic condition that can be taxing on ANY relationship. You're going to need to find a very special person to stick with you for the long haul. Plus, I want to french kiss someone, on the spur of the moment, without worrying about getting sick HA!
  2. GlutenFreeDate.com is a brand new Celiac Singles, Social Networking, and Dating site for those who are living the gluten free lifestyle. Check it out! It's brand new.
  3. I also had a chance to try Redbridge. I had no reaction to Bards Tale; however, when I gave Redbridge a try, I got sick. I think people who have zero tolerance for gluten should stick with Bards Tale. I was upset at this because Redbridge is like 40 percent cheaper and taste better to me.
  4. RECOVERY TIME / CROSS-REACTIVITY: I just wanted to help everybody out here. I've been gluten free for 9 months. It took me about 6 months to get more significant/more noticeable results. Still, I have to watch my diet. I can't eat fatty food. Everybody, please go check out MayoClinic.com and search for celiac disease. I also worked at Mayo Clinic Hospital for a little while. My understanding is that the villi can take anywhere from 6 months-2 yrs to heal or grow. Then 2yrs to 5yrs for close to 100% recovery. The reason for the such the large range of time has to due with age/severity. These villi, in the small intestine, are responsible for absortion and production of enyzmes to break fats/proteins in food. So, as you can see, they are very important. People experiencing Dermatitis Hepataformis (DH), can expect to wait up to 2 yrs to clear up. Me, I've had skin problems, diahrrea, lupus like symptoms, and etc. I've also lived 15 yrs. not knowing what the heck what going on. I'm 30 yrs old now. From age 26-29 my symptoms got really bad. All the CELIACS out there who are just diagnosed. HAVE HOPE. It will get better. There is a 95% chance you will recover in time. I think the other 5% who don't are either still eating gluten or the villi are dead. These are good odds. If you are younger (new born-50). Odds of recovery are almost 100% One final note for complications of recovery. Ya, you probably heard that we celiacs become lactose intolerant. This is due to the tips of the villi, where lactate (enzyme that breaks down lactose in dairy) is produced, being damaged. My final piece of advise for those who aren't recovering. Make sure you are not cross reacting with SOY or MILK. Guess what? These two have very similar protein structures to gluten. This may make the immune system react and destroy your villi. That's right, gluten isn't the only substance that can trigger a villi attack. your safest foods will be meat (avoiding seafood), rice, vegetables, fruit, potatos
  5. RECOVERY TIME: I just wanted to help everybody out here. I've been gluten free for 9 months. It took me about 6 months to get more significant/more noticeable results. Still, I have to watch my diet. I can't eat fatty food. Everybody, please go check out MayoClinic.com and search for celiac disease. I also worked at Mayo Clinic Hospital for a little while. My understanding is that the villi can take anywhere from 6 months-2 yrs to heal or grow. Then 2yrs to 5yrs for close to 100% recovery. The reason for the such the large range of time has to due with age/severity. These villi, in the small intestine, are responsible for absortion and production of enyzmes to break fats/proteins in food. So, as you can see, they are very important. People experiencing Dermatitis Hepataformis (DH), can expect to wait up to 2 yrs to clear up. Me, I've had skin problems, diahrrea, lupus like symptoms, and etc. I've also lived 15 yrs. not knowing what the heck what going on. I'm 30 yrs old now. From age 26-29 my symptoms got really bad. All the CELIACS out there who are just diagnosed. HAVE HOPE. It will get better. There is a 95% chance you will recover in time. I think the other 5% who don't are either still eating gluten or the villi are dead. These are good odds. If you are younger (new born-50). Odds of recovery are almost 100% One final note for complications of recovery. Ya, you probably heard that we celiacs become lactose intolerant. This is due to the tips of the villi, where lactate (enzyme that breaks down lactose in dairy) is produced, being damaged. My final piece of advise for those who aren't recovering. Make sure you are not cross reacting with SOY or MILK. Guess what? These two have very similar protein structures to gluten. This may make the immune system react and destroy your villi. That's right, gluten isn't the only substance that can trigger a villi attack.
  6. Hi Y RECOVERY TIME: I just wanted to help everybody out here. I've been gluten free for 9 months. It took me about 6 months to get more significant/more noticeable results. Still, I have to watch my diet. I can't eat fatty food. Everybody, please go check out MayoClinic.com and search for celiac disease. I also work at Mayo Clinic Hospital for a little while. My understanding is that the villi can take anywhere from 6 months-2 yrs to heal or grow. Then 2yrs to 5yrs for close to 100% recovery. The reason for the such the large range of time have to due with age/severity. These villi, in the small intestine, are responsible from absortion and production of enyzmes to break fats/proteins in food. So, as you can see, they are very important. People experiencing Dermatitis Hepataformis (DH), can expect to wait up to 2 yrs to clear up. Me, I've had skin problems, diahrrea, lupus like symptoms, and etc. I've also lived 15 yrs. not knowing what the heck what going on. I'm 30 yrs old now. From age 26-29 my symptoms got really bad. All the CELIACS out there who are just diagnosed. HAVE HOPE. It will get better. There is a 95% chance you will recover in time. I think the other 5% who don't are either still eating gluten or the villi are dead. These are good odds. If you are younger (new born-50). Odds of recovery are almost 100% One final note for complications of recovery. Ya, you probably heard that we celiacs become lactose intolerant. This is due to the tips of the villi, where lactate (enzyme that breaks down lactose in dairy) is produced, being damaged. My final piece of advise for those who aren't recovering. Make sure you are not cross reacting with SOY or MILK. Guess what? These two have very similar protein structures that may make the immune system react and destroy your villi. That's right, gluten isn't the only substance that can trigger a villi attack.
×
×
  • Create New...