Celiac Disease Frequently Asked Questions
This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.
What are the major symptoms of celiac disease?
What testing is available for celiac disease?
Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free?
- How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful?
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested?
Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases?
Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid?
Is there a list of gluten-free foods?
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free?
Where does gluten hide?
Can enzymes help prevent symptoms caused by gluten cross-contamination?
What if my doctor won't listen to me?