Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vickie

Foods To Choose From

i have been gluten-free for 8 weeks. It has been hard for me to find foods that i like. I ahve also lost about 17 lbs. And what feels like many inches. but i need more foods to choose from. HELP

:(:(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome. I really like Ener G crackers with cheese. I eat alot of peanut butter, fresh veggies, fruits, deli meats. Baked or broiled fish or chicken. There are several breads out there, it just depends on your personal tastes. Just make sure to warm them first or I find them grainy. I lost alot of weight too in the beginning. I have not lost any lately. Good luck.

Welcome, Vicki! The best advice I can give you is to read, read, read everything you can on the gluten-free diet! This site has a wealth of information, and there are many books available, too, that can assist you make safe choices. When I first started the gluten-free diet eight years ago, I was afraid to "branch-out" and try new foods, and opted to stay with a few "safe" foods. Of course, eating the same foods over & over was frustrating, and only accentuated the feeling of being deprived! With a little study, the diet will quickly become second nature, and you'll find how easy it will be to identfy problem ingredients & try new foods. There are also several really good gluten-free cookbooks out on the market, as well as many new & improved gluten-free goodies (cookies, crackers, doughnuts, etc) available to keep you from missing the foods you loved. I lost a lot of weight too, initially--mostly due to the fact that I had to eliminate a lot of junk food, and learn to eat healthy, but my weight stabilized within a few months Good luck!!!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...