This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

False Cardiac Symptoms?

Waverlywoods

Waverlywoods Rookie

Hi, this is my first post. I have been diagnosed with gluten intolerance via a stool test. I am trying to figure out the reason, but my main symptom (for the last few months anyway) has been a damaged vascular system - in other words leaky blood vessels, poor circulation, low blood oxygen levels, abnormal red sometimes blueish red flushing in the hands and feet, when it gets real bad, this is accompainied by dizzy or faint type spells and heart palpitations.

Every road I've been down with naturopaths and traditional doctors has ultimately led to gluten intolerance as the culprit. I suppose with leaky gut, gluten and undigested proteins are in the blood stream being attacked by the immune system which cause injury to the endothelial lining of the blood vessels throughout the body over time, making them leaky.

I'm 35 years old and cannot exercise for the past year. My heart rate goes to 110-125 after climbing a single flight of stairs (at home). I did a stress test and 64 slice ct heart scan that revealed absolutely no problems. So I guess the problem really is solely a vascular integrity problem.

I have researched celiac symptoms, and they are so varied that no website wants to talk much about specific gluten effects within the body. Have any of you experienced this type of symptom? And if so, what did you do about it, besides not eating gluten? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie

Hi, this is my first post. I have been diagnosed with gluten intolerance via a stool test. I am trying to figure out the reason, but my main symptom (for the last few months anyway) has been a damaged vascular system - in other words leaky blood vessels, poor circulation, low blood oxygen levels, abnormal red sometimes blueish red flushing in the hands and feet, when it gets real bad, this is accompainied by dizzy or faint type spells and heart palpitations.

Every road I've been down with naturopaths and traditional doctors has ultimately led to gluten intolerance as the culprit. I suppose with leaky gut, gluten and undigested proteins are in the blood stream being attacked by the immune system which cause injury to the endothelial lining of the blood vessels throughout the body over time, making them leaky.

I'm 35 years old and cannot exercise for the past year. My heart rate goes to 110-125 after climbing a single flight of stairs (at home). I did a stress test and 64 slice ct heart scan that revealed absolutely no problems. So I guess the problem really is solely a vascular integrity problem.

I have researched celiac symptoms, and they are so varied that no website wants to talk much about specific gluten effects within the body. Have any of you experienced this type of symptom? And if so, what did you do about it, besides not eating gluten? Thanks!

Hi and welcome! You should get lots of support on these boards.

I used to have heart palpitations which stopped after I started taking co-enzyme B vitamins (I like the country life type the best since there is no sorbitol--plus its cheaper) and nattokinase supplements to reduce inflammation and scar tissue. I still take these supplements on an empty stomach, usually at night or first thing in the morning. I keep taking the nattokinase due to the fact my blood tends to coagulate much more quickly than most people's. Its a safe, natural blood thinner plus it helps as mentioned above to get rid of scar tissue.

It has also helped enormously to be off all trace gluten. I literally stopped getting sick--as well as stopped having a racing heart upon minor exertion and sudden waking in the middle of the night with a palpitating chest--often a rather frightening experience.

Ironically otherwise I have low blood pressure and a slow pulse, and always have...except when I ate things I was "allergic" to. Recently I discovered I am sensitive to salicylic acid (SA)--not only aspirin but also SA in fruits, vegetables and herbs. Go figure, eh?? I wonder though with the heart and all if some additional complication like this might be part of the picture for others too??

Probably my condition is a little different than yours, nevertheless there were some similarities--poor circulation plus poor absorption of needed nutrients for the heart and circulatory system as well as (for me) my nervous system. It also was not particularly good for my kidneys, which may be why I am a little more sensitive than many here.

At any rate, it seems like you are on a positive path that will lead to wonderful results. Good luck to you! And let us know if you continue to experience improvements or not.

Bea

Archived