This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Who Else Is Dq6 & Dq7?

zarfkitty

zarfkitty Explorer

Hi all,

I'm curious who else has my same genotype and what their symptoms are (were). I just got my enterolab results today. I haven't pursued the traditional diagnosis.

My symptoms:

sometimes D, sometimes C

mouth sores

depression

anxiety

fatigue

bloating

belching

flatulence

I've also had my gallbladder out 4 years ago... anyone else?

Has anyone done any good research on these genes? I'm googled out for one night, so I'd love to hear what others have found.

-Shannon

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 24 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 44 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 364 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

New Mama Rookie

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 249 (Normal Range

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 175 Units (Normal Range

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 199 Units (Normal Range

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

The above was my son's test results. He's only 22 months, so I can't really tell you how he was feeling. His only symptoms were bumps on his cheeks and upper arms, spitting up as a baby and horrible colic in his first few months (he was/is breastfed).

However, I believe I am gluten intolerant, too, and I gave him one of those genes. I went gluten-free along with him, and my symptoms have been:

lack of ovulation/menstruation

canker sores

feeling bloated

post-nasal drip

congestion

fatigue

light-headedness

irritability

But again, I only know for sure that I gave him one gene, so I may not have both.

pedro Explorer

Hi here are genetic testing:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,9)

I had all of those symptoms, and more for the past 27 years:

Bloating

gas

stomach cramping

D and C alternating

Joint Pain

numbness and tingling in my extremities

itchy skin

constant fatigue (this I still have even after 2 and half months in the gluten-free diet)

headaches

my gums would bleed very easily, the bleeding has stopped.

very irritable

If you find anything in your research please let us know, and also very interested.

Best regards to you.

zarfkitty Explorer

Found this article that had an interesting snippet about DQ7 (most of the article was about DQ2). It's almost ten years old, though.

Discrimination between Celiac and Other Gastrointestinal Disorders in Childhood by Rapid Human Lymphocyte Antigen Typing

Clinical Chemistry 44: 1755-1757, 1998;

"Eight of the 122 celiac disease patients lacked both the heterodimer (**this referred to DQ2 all through the article**) and the DRB104 alleles; therefore, we further screened the DQB1 locus to investigate if other alleles were present in association to celiac disease (2)(14). Two of these eight celiac disease patients showed the DQ2 molecule (DQB10201 allele in heterozygosis); but one of them carried also the DQB10501 allele, also found in Sardinian patients to be associated to celiac disease (15); four showed the DQ7 molecule (DQB10304 or DQB10301 alleles). Another patient carried the DQ8 molecule encoded by the DQB10302 allele, and the remaining patient had the haplotype DQB10501 in homozygosis (15). The DQ8 molecule seems to be an alternative to DQ2 in influencing susceptibility towards celiac disease, being present in up to 20% of celiac patients not bearing of DQ2 in the Mediterranean area (2)(14)(16). Our data do not support an earlier finding that HLA-DQ7 is a nonsusceptible molecule (2). In fact, DQ7 was present in 50% of our celiac disease patients in the absence of the heterodimer and of the DRB104 alleles. Because the DQ7 molecule is very similar to the DQ8 molecule, it could alternatively present similar gluten-derived peptides to restricted T cells (17). DQ7 has been detected in a few celiac disease cases in the absence of DQ2 but in association with the DRB104 alleles (18)."

janelyb Enthusiast

My son has 2 copies of the gene(found in my siggy).......his symtoms have been:

chronic and severe constipation

difficult time gaining weight

GERD when baby

bloating

stomache pain

gas

ab destention

lack of appetite

slow growth

neurological issues & seizures (petite mal)

he did develop a rash and itchy skin on lower back just months ago but now gone with Gluten-free Casein-free diet

• 10 months later...
Lisa16 Collaborator

I just found out I have both of these genes too. I am of German, Polish and Scotch-Irish ancestry.

Here is my list of symptoms:

DH (confirmed)

gallbladder out

infertility

hysterectomy (because of tumors)

IBS-d misdiagnosis for over 20 years (bloating, gas, D-- you name it)

"oil slicks" in the WC

tonsil "stones"

mouth sores

migraine headaches

muscle spasms in shoulder/ neck

joint pain

arthritis

nerve pain/ tingling/ numbness in arms, legs, hands, feet

recurrent yeast infections

sinus problems

depression towards the end (before going gluten free)

fatigue

insomnia

irritability

high blood pressure spikes

cardiomyopathy (enlarged haert muscles due to IgA deposits in the pericardium)

I was recently told that either of these two genes by themselves can cause celiac in "rare" cases. tThe DQ7 was the only gene present in 2% of celiacs in Northern Europe. It has an identical alpha structure to the DQ2 gene. Somebody also told me that one of them (DQ6 I think she said) is more dominant in the Latino population of celiacs. Perhaps one of my ancesters had a lovely latin lover!

I hope that with genetic testing becoming easier to do, they will understand more about how these genes are involved.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived