Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lillyth

Nortriptyline

The pharmacist I spoke to says it's not. My doc says she spoke to a pharmacist who says it is, and an old post from 2005 says it's not.

Anyone know for sure?

The pharmacist I spoke to says it's not. My doc says she spoke to a pharmacist who says it is, and an old post from 2005 says it's not.

Anyone know for sure?

Just in case anyone searches this in the future, it is a generic drug, so you need to contact the specific mfr. for exact info.

As of 9/24/07, Watson Pharma, who makes Kaiser's Nort., says they are not a gluten-free Pharma Co, which mean they do not certify the gluten-free status of their drugs. The most likely source for gluten is, however, starch. The starch in this drug comes from Maize (corn). They cannot, however, speak for any other ingredients in their drugs. They do not know the sources of all ingredients in their drugs.

You can take your chances if you wish, but I chose not to. Though I know the chances are low of getting glutened, I would have been taking this for a pain drug for abdominal pain, and the last thing I need right now is MORE abdominal pain :D

If this is the right drug I am thinking of, its ok. I take it regularly. Its not a pain medication. It is a anti depressant. The brand name is Pamalor. The day I found out I had celiacs I was on the phone with all my manufacuteres and none of my meds contained gluten, granted I havent checked in a while, but I take this drug in its highest dose and I get no reaction at all

Again, I am not sure if we are speaking of the same drug. I am sorry if we are not.