Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Husband Sort Of Gets It

I have been trying to tell my husband that our teflon is not safe. Of course I got the lecture on how they are made and that nothing can possibly stick to them. Even if they are scratched it still is coated all the way through he tells me that is right from the manufacturer. He does pretty well cooking gluten free. Has decided even that brown rice flour works great for a coating. Tonight he did make BBQ chicken on the grill using Sweet Baby Rays Sauce, baked potatoes which was just perfect. Then made lima beans in what I call the Ramen Noodle pot. I refused to eat them. Do you think he got the hint??

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

LOL...been there. I've been given the lectures too. Like that is going to change my opinion! Those arguments are not fun. Bottom line is it is your health. If it is not safe, don't eat it. He needs to respect that certain pans and utensils need to be handled differently now. End of story and not open for debate! The compromise we finally came up with was to buy a new pan and it was to remain gluten-free. So far that has worked well. Good luck :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter