Test Results Help With Interpretation

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Well I have my test results:

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA: 44 Units

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 20 Units

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: Less than 300 Units

Fecal Anti-casein (cow

You are DQ 5 which is a subtype of DQ1, go to wikipedia and type in HLA DQ and there is a long article about DQ. There are also pages on the different DQ numbers.

Now Enterolab only tests the beta chain, and it is possible to have unusual combinations (meaning you can have 05* in the alpha chain, which can make you halv DQ2, the main celiac gene.....)

There is this good chart of the alpha and beta chains there on that page, and also on the HLA DR page.

Sometimes people get the DR test (I think by Labcorp) and they can narrow down the alpha chain from the DR type.

There are several DQ1 here. There are also forums for the more neuro affected gluten sensitive people, and many of them are DQ1.

If you go to pubmed.com and search Hadjivassiliou, or just to google, you find several articles about gluten ataxia, and he found that 20% of the gluten ataxia patients are DQ1.

The gluten sensitive people with DQ1 are typically extremely sensitive to gluten, whereas the typical DQ2 are less sensitive, and here in europe they tolerate wheat starch which is extra cleiand for celiacs without problems. I am not DQ2, and do not tolerate this wheat starch that most celiacs here do tolerate....

nora