Currypowder87

Do I Have Celiac?

Rate this topic

I am not sure if I have Celiac disease or not, but I have many of the symptoms. I get severe stomach aches, bloating, gas, I have to rush to the bathroom like 30 minutes after I eat anything gluten or milk products. A few years ago I had my gallbladder taken out, because I had gallstones. Is having gallstones another symptom of Celiac disease. I have had constipation. I don't know how my bowel movement's are because they are unpredictable. I have had severe side aches as well. I have a inflamed lymph node in my mesentary (sp) system. I have gotten a severe case of hives. I have also had Mono. It is getting really frusterating not knowing what is wrong with me. I have been to the doctors and will go again. But just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. Thanks

Carrie

I am not sure if I have Celiac disease or not, but I have many of the symptoms. I get severe stomach aches, bloating, gas, I have to rush to the bathroom like 30 minutes after I eat anything gluten or milk products. A few years ago I had my gallbladder taken out, because I had gallstones. Is having gallstones another symptom of Celiac disease. I have had constipation. I don't know how my bowel movement's are because they are unpredictable. I have had severe side aches as well. I have a inflamed lymph node in my mesentary (sp) system. I have gotten a severe case of hives. I have also had Mono. It is getting really frusterating not knowing what is wrong with me. I have been to the doctors and will go again. But just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. Thanks

Carrie

Symptoms of celiac are crazy and unpredictable. Yours semi follow the actual average symptoms: bloating, stomach aches, gas, constipation, etc.

You may want to ask for the full celiac panel at the doctors (there are 4 things in the panel) they will do a blood draw and test it for the antibodies. You may have a negative result and still be having gluten issues. I was negative 3 times but went gluten free anyway and all my symptoms that i had for years(im only 14 and i had been dealing with stomach problems since before i was 7) In that case you can try the gluten challenge which would be going gluten free for atleast a month and see how your issues fade away.

Whatever you choose, this sounds like a good case of celiac or gluten intolerance. Hope you find your answers soon, it is really frustrating, i was so sad because i had to spend my nights with a heating pad on my stomach, crying. After these 5 months i feel SOOO much better its unbelievable. Good luck :D