katg

Wondering If This Could Be A Neurologic Symptom

Rate this topic

My eight year old has been having episodes of fast motion feelings (everything around her moving super fast) or her hands feeling very large, puffy and even heavy. It seems to happen in the mornings mostly and only about once a week lasting about 1 to 5 minutes. We have taken her to her pediatrician who says he has heard of this before but it one of those unexplained things that we should not worry about. My daughter will start crying because she doesn't like when this happens and I'm try to do some reasearch on my own to see if maybe it has to do with her diet. Has any one had these experiences as a child? I typed in fast forward feelings and did come across a chat discussing the exact same thing my daughter has experienced but no one has a reason as to why and it appears to go away as the person has gotten older. She also complains that her stomach aches after she eats some times and often doesn't want to get involved in after school activities because she says she is tired. She also had a huge issue with cavaties this past year and had to have eight fillings. We couldn't believe it. It's like her teeth are very pitted or soft.

Kind of fell in to the idea that she might have a gluten problem as I did a cleanse type thing with the gym I attend where I was eating very cleanly for 10 days. After that I started feeling all bloated again and am wondering if I myself have an issue with wheat and I started looking into it. Now wondering if my daughter actually is having symptoms from gluten.

Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Neuro symptoms could be. They are very difficult for an adult to describe, let alone an 8 year old. I would describe celiac neuro symptoms as just not feeling with it; your nerves don't accurately respond to stimuli around you; would be felt most acutely in a busy setting where all your senses were activated at once. Thus, you see how everything around you would feel like it was moving too quickly if you couldn't keep up.

My eight year old has been having episodes of fast motion feelings (everything around her moving super fast) or her hands feeling very large, puffy and even heavy. It seems to happen in the mornings mostly and only about once a week lasting about 1 to 5 minutes. We have taken her to her pediatrician who says he has heard of this before but it one of those unexplained things that we should not worry about. My daughter will start crying because she doesn't like when this happens and I'm try to do some reasearch on my own to see if maybe it has to do with her diet. Has any one had these experiences as a child? I typed in fast forward feelings and did come across a chat discussing the exact same thing my daughter has experienced but no one has a reason as to why and it appears to go away as the person has gotten older. She also complains that her stomach aches after she eats some times and often doesn't want to get involved in after school activities because she says she is tired. She also had a huge issue with cavaties this past year and had to have eight fillings. We couldn't believe it. It's like her teeth are very pitted or soft.

Kind of fell in to the idea that she might have a gluten problem as I did a cleanse type thing with the gym I attend where I was eating very cleanly for 10 days. After that I started feeling all bloated again and am wondering if I myself have an issue with wheat and I started looking into it. Now wondering if my daughter actually is having symptoms from gluten.

Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks!

wow... I am blown away! I have just recently discovered every symptom I've had my whole life fits into the Celiacs Disease. Had my blood work done on Thursday, I should know by Tuesday for sure. But I don't need blood work to tell me I have this I've never been so sure of anything in my life. I am a 22 year old female and when I was about 10 or so, these " fast forward" feelings you describe terrified me when I was younger. Normally they occurred in the middle of the night, mostly when I would wake up from a nightmare. I was pace around my hallway to this really fast "rhythm" I would describe it sometimes it would take my a while to shake it and now that I'm older I have grown use to it, so I'll do my business in the middle of the night with "fast forward" movements and then go back to sleep. I share the same symptoms you daughter does. I hope that this information has helped.

Best of Luck

wow... I am blown away! I have just recently discovered every symptom I've had my whole life fits into the Celiacs Disease. Had my blood work done on Thursday, I should know by Tuesday for sure. But I don't need blood work to tell me I have this I've never been so sure of anything in my life. I am a 22 year old female and when I was about 10 or so, these " fast forward" feelings you describe terrified me when I was younger. Normally they occurred in the middle of the night, mostly when I would wake up from a nightmare. I was pace around my hallway to this really fast "rhythm" I would describe it sometimes it would take my a while to shake it and now that I'm older I have grown use to it, so I'll do my business in the middle of the night with "fast forward" movements and then go back to sleep. I share the same symptoms you daughter does. I hope that this information has helped.

Best of Luck

I can't believe this. It's so nice to hear that someone else has experienced what my daughter is. Could you please let us know how your tests turn out. Very grateful for your reply. This is really confirming that I am on the right track here. Thanks