DoodleDog

I Don't Understand IgA And IgG Results

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have a family members results which the nurse told me were just fine, no celiac. Is she correct, how do the numbers look? I will just list the numbers in each collum, I am not sure what to look at

The IgA is 0.00-20.00 <20

The IgG is 0.00-20.00 <20.00

FYI

-result for Vit D is very low and on a dose of 50,000 IU for 12 weeks, then will retest (Nurse kindly told me Vit D was boarder line with last years blood work...nice of her to give me this info this year!)

-ANA is positive but has been for 5 years

-Diaganosed with Primary raynausd for 5 years (still not treating with medication but getting close)

Hello,

I have a family members results which the nurse told me were just fine, no celiac. Is she correct, how do the numbers look? I will just list the numbers in each collum, I am not sure what to look at

The IgA is 0.00-20.00 <20

The IgG is 0.00-20.00 <20.00

FYI

-result for Vit D is very low and on a dose of 50,000 IU for 12 weeks, then will retest (Nurse kindly told me Vit D was boarder line with last years blood work...nice of her to give me this info this year!)

-ANA is positive but has been for 5 years

-Diaganosed with Primary raynausd for 5 years (still not treating with medication but getting close)

Also we have an extended family member DX with celiac

Also we have an extended family member DX with celiac

That's an incomplete test. They should have also tested ttg and endomesial antibodies as well.

I did ask for a full panel and I was told thats not how things are done to start. Do you think the Vit D is an indicator and if so should I ask for a full panel when they retest blood work in 8 weeks?

I did ask for a full panel and I was told thats not how things are done to start. Do you think the Vit D is an indicator and if so should I ask for a full panel when they retest blood work in 8 weeks?

Vitamin D deficiency is very common in Celiac. To be told "that's not done" is the sign of an office that is not keeping up. I have found that sometimes you have to demand to be tested, because doctors say silly things like "Oh, you can't have Celiac, you're constipated." Keep asking and be firm!

Thank you... maybe the problem is that my child's doctor is a RA doctor for her raynauds.