coconut12

Going About Things The Wrong Way?

Rate this topic

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here has skipped the blood test and biopsy and gone straight to the enterolabs test?

I'm considering doing this because I went to a dr. who suggested celiac and told me to go gluten-free. I did about 10 days ago, and am no longer bloated and gassy and have only had ONE migraine since! I had been having migraines almost daily.

Now that I'm off gluten and have seen such an improvement, I'm reluctant to go back on it. I don't want to go back to the migraines at all.

So, I was wondering if I can stay gluten-free, take the enterolabs test and still get accurate results?

Thanks for any help.

Enterolabs says they can detect antibodies for a little while after going gluten free.

But you already have a very positive test - dietary response. You can, if you want, choose to stay gluten free based just on that. Enterolab doesn't diagnose celiac disease (just gluten intolerance) because it's not an intestinal biopsy. But the diet requires no prescription.

Enterolabs says they can detect antibodies for a little while after going gluten free.

But you already have a very positive test - dietary response. You can, if you want, choose to stay gluten free based just on that. Enterolab doesn't diagnose celiac disease (just gluten intolerance) because it's not an intestinal biopsy. But the diet requires no prescription.

Thanks for your response!

I'm thinking that I'm just going to forget getting an accurate test. I went back on gluten so that I could have the bloodwork done and maybe a biopsy, and I'm feeling like I'm dying. I know that's an exaggeration when I think about it logically, but that's how I feel.

I can't believe how bad I feel. I feel like it's hard to breathe and my whole body hurts. My vision is blurry. I have no interest in doing anything.

I'm really frustrated because I have been going to my family doctor for about a year telling her that something was really wrong, then I went to a neurologist for migraines and was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and even that didn't get a reaction from her. I went to an integrative medicine doctor a few weeks ago and he suggested celiac and to go gluten-free. I did, and had an immediate return of my interest in things and some improvement in the numbness in my toes (maybe due to the magnesium and b vitamins he put me on)--not to mention, I only had one migraine during the time I was gluten-free. But I know if I don't get a firm diagnosis my family doctor is not going to believe me.

I'm confused about what I should do. But I don't think I can continue to eat gluten in order to get a diagnosis. Am I just being a wimp?