DebzUK

Bood Tests - How Long?

Rate this topic

Hi, new to the site, so a big hello to everyone!

I have been suffering from stomach pains for a while now (wich are getting worse), I also have an under active thyroid. Other symptons are tiredness, dermatitis, tingling in hands and sometimes feet, mouth ulcers, I'm over weight and have a huge appetite too :o , I have wind now and again wich is very unlady like ;) , occsaional diarrhea which is unexplainable, I feel lethargic most of the time, my joints ache too.

I was diagnosed two years ago with the under active thyroid, I felt better for a while, but still had lots of symptoms that didb't go away, so always felt there was something else wrong, I think my GP thought I was making it all up, and gave me the impression to 'just get on with it'

I finally managed to get him to agree to me having a blood test for celiacs disease last friday, the results for the fbc and iron are back as 'normal' but the celiac bloods are not back (the wait is driving me nuts!) Does anyone know how long they take? Does it sound like I might have this? Would the fbc and iron have show anything if I did have it?

I look forward to hearing from you :)

I did my bloodwork last Monday (3/22) and I get my results tomorrow (3/30).

I did my bloodwork last Monday (3/22) and I get my results tomorrow (3/30).

Wow, I am still waiting for my bloodwork to come back. It has been 3 weeks. Hopefully today will be the day.