Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfrevola

Cramping Stomach Pain

Hey everybody, i have recently found out that i am allergic to Gluten. And i have terrible pains on the left side of my stomach, kinda like a cramp. Is there anything i can take to help ease the pain. Also, i have only started to cut the Gluten products a little less than a week ago when do you think i start feeling better?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum!

There have been some recent posts about that type of pain. If you use Search Forum you will be able to find a lot of information from other posters.

Give yourself some more time. One week is not very long. You may notice some changes in a couple of weeks or months. Be patient, it will come.

Did you stop all gluten products or just cut back? Make sure to stop all gluten containing products and take it easy on the processed gluten free products. It is best in the beginning to eat whole foods like meats, fruits and veggies so you can start to heal.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

I find Pepto Bismal liquid stops the pain very quickly and I rarely need a second dose.

Welcome to the board. There is a lot to learn about being gluten free as it involves much more than just the food we eat. Your in a great place to learn about all you need to do to keep yourself safe.

Make sure you have your own new dedicated toaster, replace any wooden utensils, your colander that has been used to drain wheat pasta, any scratched cookware and avoid baking with wheat flour for others. Also be sure to check all meds and supplements you are taking. Generic scripts need to be checked at each refill.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)