Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPT

Any Harm In Cutting Down While Waiting To Test?

I know I have to eat some gluten for accurate testing, but would it hurt to cut down? I figure it certainly wouldn't make me feel worse. It would also be helpful in several ways to slowly start making "the switch" I'm almost certain I'm going to do.

Basically, I've bought several gluten-free cereals and bread to replace most of my breakfasts and lunches. I figured I'd keep eating dinner, snacks and meals out to my usual for now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Your best off to continue with your regular diet and not going gluten light until the tests are done. There is a chance of a false negative even on a full gluten diet. The day they finish your testing you can go gluten free.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)